GDT: Game 53 - Jets @ Flames GDT Monday, February 19th 3PM CST (Louis Riel Day/Family Day Edition) SNW/TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
The Jets are taking on the Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome for the second time this season. The first edition was a 5-4 Jets loss in the opening game of the season. A lot has changed since then!

The Jets have struggled to score of late but turned that around in Vancouver with a 4-2 win on Saturday. The Flames are coming off a huge loss to the Red Wings on home ice. Look for them to want to bounce back.

Since this is on a holiday Monday (Louis Riel Day in Manitoba and Family Day in Alberta), I made todays lineup cards themed as LOUIS RIEL versus some FAMOUS TV FAMILIES...

FOR THE WINNIPEG JETS...

Jets-Forwards.jpg

Jets-Defense.jpg

AND FOR THE CALGARY FLAMES...

Flames-Forwards.jpg

Flames-Defense.jpg

The starting goalies should be Connor Hellebuyck and Jacob Markstrom, but that has yet to be confirmed.

GO JETS GO

Last edited:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Uploading images is ridiculously frustrating. Am I missing something?

I hear ya. I'm working on Tuesday's GDT and I'm worried about uploading images only to not have them display correctly.

I may need to host them externally and just provide links to them as a backup.

It's really annoying/frustrating, agreed.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Jets are early favourites on PlayNow but not by a whole bunch. Think I'll take the Jets -1.5, paying 2.6:1.

1708296011779.png

Reactions: Jets 31

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Awesome GDT @Section 325! I did a term paper in my Canadian History course at the University on Louis Riel. The professor told me it was always the "white privileged from River Heights" who wrote papers on him. I couldn't believe he said that, and this was back in the early 1990s. I responded by telling him I was a mutt from the West End and that if anyone had "white privilege" it was a tenured professor who should keep his opinions to himself. Needless to say, he never made eye contact with me for the rest of the term, and never asked me another question in class. I still have the term paper somewhere in my basement...

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Awesome GDT @Section 325! I did a term paper in my Canadian History course at the University on Louis Riel. The professor told me it was always the "white privileged from River Heights" who wrote papers on him. I couldn't believe he said that, and this was back in the early 1990s. I responded by telling him I was a mutt from the West End and that if anyone had "white privilege" it was a tenured professor who should keep his opinions to himself. Needless to say, he never made eye contact with me for the rest of the term, and never asked me another question in class. I still have the term paper somewhere in my basement...
And what kind of grade did you get in his course?

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
And what kind of grade did you get in his course?
It was in my first year at the University and was a bit overwhelming for me. Totally different from high school, that's for sure. I did pass the course, but I can't remember what I ended up getting. My grades were poor my first year, but improved as the years went on.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Great GDT @Section 325 ! :)

Happy Louis Riel day all.

The Jets, like all good semi-militarized personnel, have deemphasized their individuality, adopted unified looks and performance and have gone all in on the bearded gentleman approach -> while the Flames D, arguably outwardly happy and well adjusted, are definitely able to be beat. The first pairing D in particular. :):laugh::laugh:

Go Jets, continue to wield the powers of the hell-bent armoured semi-militarized gill-breathing notochord equipped master-angler-centric coelacanth blast-you-into-the-boards-don't-care- come-at-me-bro nasty-attitude non-extinct species.

giphy.gif

2edb1f8a-fccc-4d89-b385-0d982c2e142e_text.gif

Hopefully our power play continues to wake up.

hH7zc9.gif

Last edited:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Reading up on the Flames' last few games, it's hard to get an accurate feel for this team. They're not exactly pushovers and can put up a real battle, but then get creamed by the godawful Sharks who were on the end of a B2B. Who knows which Flames team is gonna show up today? I'm figuring we'll take this one but it might be a closer match than expected.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

The teams of Calgary that the world's eye doth view
Match closely the sounds that bloated guts can send;
And Kadri, the King of horse’s asses, give he that due,
Uttering few words, even so as foes commend.
Jets scoring scrabbling back with more goals crown'd;
And Markstrom may stumble - upon thee you must own
Offence delivered in other accents for to Hanifin confound
Seeing no farther than a ‘Berta Bovine eye hath shown.
Jets, enact upon the beauty of a D zone exited mind,
And that, no less, lead to fewer shots against and happy deeds;
Backcheck you first liners, make your games too unkind,
To thy fair flower wade among the Flame’s rank smell of weeds:
And now show us why thy Flamed odour match not their show,
The solve is this, our forward lines create uncommon flow.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This is one of my favorites. I have seen it over 20 times and I always smile, and can’t stop smiling. It’s just such a beautiful tackle. In Saskatchewan we use to call a women like this a two bucket girl.
Agreed, the whole gif is great, the guy is legit hurt from the great tackle and then she tries to sit in the chair and it breaks. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad