GDT: Game 53: Columbus vs. Philadelphia | 2/13 7PM EST

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
3119946ed750d25f0f.jpg

1013624_959841627359401_1155924608204187147_n.jpg

(Photo taken from Vintage Columbus, which is definitely worth a look)

7:00 PM EST
Nationwide Arena
Columbus, Ohio

extralarge.png

Lines
Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Umberger-Laughton-White
VandeVelde-Bellemare-Lecavalier

Grossmann-Streit
Del Zotto-Schenn
Schultz-MacDonald

Emery
Stolarz

Scratches
Colaiacovo

Inactive
Coburn, Mason, Raffl, Rinaldo, Timonen

extralarge.png

Lines
Hartnell-Johansen-Foligno
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Wennberg-Anisimov-Skille
Tropp-Letestu-Boll

Johnson-Savard
Connauton-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Goloubef

McElhinney
Forsberg

Scratches
Leopold

Inactive
Bobrovsky, Gibbons, Horton, Jenner, Morin, Murray, Prout​

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
C-Mac going tonight. Looks like he's back-to-back because I can't see Forsberg going against the Isles. Given that I think I'd give Forsberg a shot tonight.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
There aren't even any other forwards up here, so I don't know what you expect... With that said, I agree with your general premise.

This is a must lose game. :sarcasm:

There's a spot, seeing as Murray went to IR. Could easily call up Anderson, Rychel, Dano, etc. Or do what they had been doing - splitting up the two worst Corsi forwards on the team. The 4th line wasn't half bad with Calvert down there. Feel bad for Test Tube when he has 26 AND 40 flanking him.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Won't be in attendance tonight.

I thought Wennberg was one of the few bright spots in the L.A. game. Hoping his improved play starts translating into goals. Thought Cotton had an abysmal game against L.A. and hope he bounces back tonight.

If goaltending holds up for us, this should be a win.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
I actually don't mind the 4th line. Tropp has been playing significantly better of late, but he shouldn't be getting regular top 6 minutes. If he carry the confidence he's built in recent games, he'll be a pretty good 4th liner.
Calvert, Dubi and Cam have proven to be an effective line at times. Also, Joey, Hartnell and Foligno have proven chemistry as well. This gives the CBJ a solid top 6 scoring threat.
The 3rd line was also by far the best line against LA, so there's that too.

Hartnell-Johansen-Foligno
Calvert-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Wennberg-Anisimov-Skille

that's ^ actually not a bad top 9.

Only thing I don't agree with is McElhinney starting. Islanders are by far the superior team, so keep C-Mac fresh for that one.
This a very winable game. Why not give Forsberg a chance in this one? It seems like HCTR loves to do the complete opposite of whatever seems logical.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

I agree, only in that the 4th line has been playing well with Calvert on it, not that Tropp has done well higher in the lineup. Maybe he's hoping that the 11-17-13 line regains their form as a unit, Calvert certainly brings more to the line than Tropp, but I have liked our 4th line with 11 on it.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Boll and Tropp. Both this players for me on the same level of useless and terribly.
3-2 Jackets. GWG Alexander "scoreless" Wennberg.

Why take a shot at Boll? He's played very good the last 4 games or more, getting on the score sheet and giving a beat down in the LA game. I think Calvert sparked that line, agree on Tropp being useless.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Why take a shot at Boll? He's played very good the last 4 games or more, getting on the score sheet and giving a beat down in the LA game. I think Calvert sparked that line, agree on Tropp being useless.

You realize Tropp has also had a (for him) good stretch of games, right? If we're going to acknowledge Boll's improved play, then it's only fair to do the same for Tropp.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I want this win because I don't like Philly at all but at the same time.. draft positioning

I would never root for them to lose, that's ridiculous, why bother following, watching, going to the games then? We aren't getting the top 2 picks and the guy I like plays for Michigan, Defensemen, and he could fall to the 10-15 range so it doesn't matter to me. I'm not throwing in the towel with 30 games to go, we are only 14 pts out with 2 games in hand, that's potentially 10 points back if we win the 2 in hand. With 60 points left on the board, why would you give up so soon??

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
not rooting to lose, but realistically too much has to happen to make it in...chances are beyond slim to none...might as well get the best possible draft slot we can...

I am rooting for games like monday...play hard and come up short...don't want them to tank, that brings a bad vibe...but as long as we continue to play hard, I won't complain

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I would never root for them to lose, that's ridiculous, why bother following, watching, going to the games then? We aren't getting the top 2 picks and the guy I like plays for Michigan, Defensemen, and he could fall to the 10-15 range so it doesn't matter to me. I'm not throwing in the towel with 30 games to go, we are only 14 pts out with 2 games in hand, that's potentially 10 points back if we win the 2 in hand. With 60 points left on the board, why would you give up so soon??
I'm not rooting for a loss. I'm being realistic and acknowledging the "consequences" of winning too many games at this point in the season.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
not rooting to lose, but realistically too much has to happen to make it in...chances are beyond slim to none...might as well get the best possible draft slot we can...

I am rooting for games like monday...play hard and come up short...don't want them to tank, that brings a bad vibe...but as long as we continue to play hard, I won't complain

Too much has to happen? If we win tonight and New Jersey loses at Chicago, then we will jump NJ and Tor. Will be 3 pts behind Philly with 2 games in hand, 1 pt behind Ott, who is 3-5-2 in the last 10. 8 pts behind Fla but they are on the slide-as I expected they would 4-5-1 in the last 10. And if Boston loses at Van tonight, we would sit 12 pts behind them with 2 games in hand, so potentially 8 pts out if we win the 2 in hand. They have lost 2 in a row and are on a 5-4-1 slide.

We have Boone around the corner and Bob not far off-though CMac has done very well the last 11. Why do you throw in the towel 8 pts back potentially with that many points left on the table?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Both Boll and Tropp have an EV Corsi of ~38 and Corsi relative of -8 to -9. Both play less than 9 minutes per game and both have 4 points. They are equally awful, but have played better (by their standards) the last 3-4 games.

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Too much has to happen? If we win tonight and New Jersey loses at Chicago, then we will jump NJ and Tor. Will be 3 pts behind Philly with 2 games in hand, 1 pt behind Ott, who is 3-5-2 in the last 10. 8 pts behind Fla but they are on the slide-as I expected they would 4-5-1 in the last 10. And if Boston loses at Van tonight, we would sit 12 pts behind them with 2 games in hand, so potentially 8 pts out if we win the 2 in hand. They have lost 2 in a row and are on a 5-4-1 slide.

We have Boone around the corner and Bob not far off-though CMac has done very well the last 11. Why do you throw in the towel 8 pts back potentially with that many points left on the table?

Ummm....we're on a "5-5-0" slide :laugh:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

if if if...too many of them...i like the optimism...but eventually reality has to take hold...it has for some of us, it hasn't for others...too many teams to jump

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad