Buzzing BoH
fZc3oXu_d.webp

Stealing this so I can meme the hell out of it. :naughty:

Test 1

trollyote nothing personal.jpg

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Now that I think about it, Chychrun has been garbage this whole year. He’s done nothing that stands out to me this year.
Most wanted to give away Keller and Schmaltz last year, and at the same time praising the hell out of Chych. Now, it has reversed. These young kids do have bad years, it happens to most players.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We may be losing (not this game, tied), but I'm enjoying the season...the kids play hard and have a lot more creativity offensively, once we add more talent...should be a better brand of hockey to watch.
I watched the third period tonight and really enjoyed it. I thought everyone played really well. No passengers.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Most wanted to give away Keller and Schmaltz last year, and at the same time praising the hell out of Chych. Now, it has reversed. These young kids do have bad years, it happens to most players.
Could imagine if we dumped Keller :/

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Freakin Tourigny getting more out of schmaltz and Keller in little more than half a season than Tocchet did in 3/4 years
Schmaltz has been injured, when he has been healthy he has been solid. Also, he has always been a wing not a C. Keller is maturing. Neither has anything to do with the former or current coach.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Really fun game.

Love OBrien.

Imagine Wright between Keller and Schmaltz.

Maybe we can get something for Wedgewood after all.
O'Brien is fun to watch, and just what the Coyotes needed, but I wish he could have more hockey talent. As we get better, we need a better type O'Brien.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Schmaltz has been injured, when he has been healthy he has been solid. Also, he has always been a wing not a C. Keller is maturing. Neither has anything to do with the former or current coach.
Schmaltz has been very inconsistent, probably because they have forced him to play C. I, like you think he is a much better winger. RT didn't see it that way, maybe AT has.:dunno:

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016

Not true. I think their play this year has everything to do with the current coach. I remember hearing Tocchet mention needing to play a more defensively structured game during his recent interview on PHNX due to Arizona's lack of high scorers. That may be true about the lack of high scorers, but I would argue he had more talent on the roster to work with than the team had any year under Tippet. He said his goal was to stay in games because of Kuemper and the veteran defense. Tocchet's teams underperformed here and I wonder if he would still be coaching (even if coaching for another team) had he been willing to cut guys like Keller and Schmaltz loose on the ice.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Freakin Tourigny getting more out of schmaltz and Keller in little more than half a season than Tocchet did in 3/4 years
The book on Tocchet as Coyotes coach is being retrospectively written, and for Rick, it ain't a good read. Nor does it age well. Sorta like sour milk at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad