GDT: Game 52: Coyotes @ Stars - FSAZ+ - 6:30 PM - 2/4/19

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Blew a chance to go 1 point out of a wildcard. Totally blew it, simple as that.
Played hard. I have been really hard on RT, but he has the team ready for every game, and usually we are in most games. Give credit where credit is due. One of our seventh Dman blew it, not the team. Oesterle got hit so often last night he was hearing foot steps. When he was on the ice and Dallas threw the puck in, it was mostly on his side.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
There big, they throw their weight around. We are midgets. This is the kind of hockey you will see in the playoffs, so if we make it, get use to it.
People crying because Dallas is "Dirty" LOL. It's called hockey. And we have far too many powder puffs that indeed would never be able to compete in the playoffs.
That being said we have far more moxie then in the beginning of the season and just look at the results. You need some fight in this game not just figure skating skill.

Reactions: Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Played hard. I have been really hard on RT, but he has the team ready for every game, and usually we are in most games. Give credit where credit is due. One of our seventh Dman blew it, not the team. Oesterle got hit so often last night he was hearing foot steps. When he was on the ice and Dallas threw the puck in, it was mostly on his side.
Agreed, our lack of D depth and injuries on D caught up with us this game. We still mostly outplayed them but in the end its a game of mistakes, we made a few too many.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
People crying because Dallas is "Dirty" LOL. It's called hockey. And we have far too many powder puffs that indeed would never be able to compete in the playoffs.
That being said we have far more moxie then in the beginning of the season and just look at the results. You need some fight in this game not just figure skating skill.
Mistakes cost us, D turnovers and inexperience, not powder puffs. Our forecheck was solid. We need to be a little quicker to the puck and make decisions sooner, being bigger won't help, it could hurt because you are slower.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
I would not want to face Dallas in the playoffs. Arduous night for our defense with the physical play from Dallas. Hammer, Oesterle, Goligoski, and OEL appeared intimidated when retrieving the puck in ths corners.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Mistakes cost us, D turnovers and inexperience, not powder puffs. Our forecheck was solid. We need to be a little quicker to the puck and make decisions sooner, being bigger won't help, it could hurt because you are slower.
Osterle heard foot steps, again. He turns the puck over more than any other D. When he is skating with the puck he is fine, but man does he get rattled fast. When Dallas started to hit, it caused us problems.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
To be fair the Coyotes, outside of the PP, were far and away the better team in the 1st and 2nd periods. Then you have to kill a 4v3 with KConn, Bush, and Toaster as your only options on defense because Gogo is dead and OEL and Hammer took penalties.

I feel like the Yotes controlled the play and had all the momentum until Ritchie's dumbass penalty then the game became a toss up. Credit to Bishop for keeping it a 1 goal game long enough to allow his team to figure out how to hockey again.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Where did I say bigger? Brad Marchand is a beast and he's a little guy.
The problem with the Coyotes is Chyka's model player doesn't need to wear a jock playing this game.
somehow RT has gotten them to play grittier. That's been the turnaround. Not the skill elevating. (That is something that will happen over time).
Hockey is still at least a little like a gladiator sport. Look at what the Knights did last year. They went against the grain and went to the final. I was very happy to see that.
Dallas is not dirty. They are just nastier then the Yotes. But then almost everyone is.

Reactions: CNYCrunchfan1

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Where did I say bigger? Brad Marchand is a beast and he's a little guy.
The problem with the Coyotes is Chyka's model player doesn't need to wear a jock playing this game.
somehow RT has gotten them to play grittier. That's been the turnaround. Not the skill elevating. (That is something that will happen over time).
Hockey is still at least a little like a gladiator sport. Look at what the Knights did last year. They went against the grain and went to the final. I was very happy to see that.
Dallas is not dirty. They are just nastier then the Yotes. But then almost everyone is.
Disagree. Coyotes D was on their heels all night. They weren't standing Dallas up at the blue line, had to lay back, and were slow at retrieving the puck, injuries hurt us. They needed to get to the puck a little bit quicker and make a quick decision on the first pass. Its speed and puck movement that matters. Our forecheck was fine, and if anything more speed on the forecheck would be more important than bigger players. It has zero to do with nastiness or powder puffs.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
This team would give it its best but be destroyed physically in the playoffs. Everything is tighter and ramped up. If Chayka could find a couple guys with scoring ability but also that physical edge we would be in decent shape next year. Exactly what Nashville just did with Boyle for the playoff run. Can score but also do the dirty jobs. Gotta have a physical presence to keep them honest.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
This team would give it its best but be destroyed physically in the playoffs. Everything is tighter and ramped up. If Chayka could find a couple guys with scoring ability but also that physical edge we would be in decent shape next year. Exactly what Nashville just did with Boyle for the playoff run. Can score but also do the dirty jobs. Gotta have a physical presence to keep them honest.
Boyle might help them get over the top. I'm not worried about how we do in the playoffs, I'm worried about getting in first. Lets get in first, then figure out was else we need when we don't advance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad