GDT: Game 52: Columbus vs. Los Angeles | 2/9 7PM EST

thebus2288*

Keep er goin!!

I could use some new nickname ideas. The "Scandinavian Filatov" doesn't really have a good ring to it...

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Murray is still seen as the long term solution for a better transition game from the back end. It is him and Johnson with the odd help from Connauton or another young guy.

I don't see them bringing in anyone significant on defense. I do agree that Tyutin can be moved. It will likely be Murray, Johnson, Wisniewski, Savard in our top-4 for at least another year. We also need to see who we draft. If we stay in the 5-10 range, there is a possibility that a promising defenseman falls to us.

Objectively speaking we should be looking to alter Wisniewski's role with the team and prepare for the event that Murray continues to be injured repeatedly. But I don't think the front office is all that objective in their views (nothing against JK and JD specifically, I think most of the front offices are too subjective in their views of players).

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Murray is still seen as the long term solution for a better transition game from the back end. It is him and Johnson with the odd help from Connauton or another young guy.

I don't see them bringing in anyone significant on defense. I do agree that Tyutin can be moved. It will likely be Murray, Johnson, Wisniewski, Savard in our top-4 for at least another year. We also need to see who we draft. If we stay in the 5-10 range, there is a possibility that a promising defenseman falls to us.

Objectively speaking we should be looking to alter Wisniewski's role with the team and prepare for the event that Murray continues to be injured repeatedly. But I don't think the front office is all that objective in their views (nothing against JK and JD specifically, I think most of the front offices are too subjective in their views of players).

I think the club is getting good value from Wiz right now, and I bet you they are interested in drafting for elite D at this draft. I'm not sure what else they are supposed to do to prepare for the event that Murray doesn't pan out. We have lots of LHD, and the only way to get a top defenceman is through the draft, which I am sure they are aware of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad