GDT: Game #52 - 02.07.15 - at Buffalo - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest+ - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
wow that's just sad.

I can't even really blame Lindback. The 1st goal is unlucky with a deflection but the 2nd two are bad defense.

They appeared to have fight and desire but pedestrian shooting against a good goaltender isn't going to get it done.

Enroth, may I have one of those on the Stars please. I wonder what he'd look like behind a team with good defense.

Someone please tell me why Dallas would even contemplate keeping Goligoski and giving him an extension when his contract is up? The UFAs should be the first out the door but he should be 1A.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Goaltenders don't get paid for the how. They get paid for the how much. The how much between the pipes is a big part of why this team is where it's at.

I actually have no idea what this means but I was just being facetious. I think this game proves that this team has more problems than just Kari Lehtonen.

NukeJukes43

Yet somehow the management will be convinced they'll make the playoffs and keep who we should sell off.

It's not even just management. Plenty of people on here still think we're "too good" to be a bottom 5 team. We just played THE bottom of the barrel team and got smoked in the first period. Pick at what individual flaws we had in our game all you want, we suck, and aren't progressing.

Flyers will pass us up and The Blue Jackets will definitely pass us in the standings, they're a 2nd half of the season team and getting some key guys back in the lineup slowly. Sens and Devils are 50/50 but if we sell at the deadline I wouldn't count on the team trying any harder than they are now, so one of them will probably pass us.

We're not Edmonton, but I don't think we're much better.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Stars had 86 shot attempts to 37 for Buffalo.

At least the fifth or sixth time this has happened this year.

yeah well no matter what anyone says 90% of any individual game is luck. There's very little you can do to win a game when the ratios aren't working in your favor.

It's like a baseball game where every ball you hit into play goes right to a fielder and gets converted to an out just by dumb luck. Pretty damn tough to win in that scenario, no matter what else happens in the contest.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
We just played THE bottom of the barrel team and got smoked in the first period.

lol what.

The only thing that was keeping it from being 0-0 was Enroth and a deflection off Klingberg.

Dallas dominated the first period outside of that.

2nd period, well. It wasn't pretty but we didn't get smoked, outside of the goal plays themselves.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
It doesn't matter that this team has too much talent to lose. The fact is night after night they find ways to lose. The factors vary from bad defense, to bad goaltending, to poor shooting, to whatever the excuse that game but regardless if the issue is mental, schematic, or coaching they're not better than the teams above them in the West.

Dump the dross, add some new blood this summer, fire Fraser and Valley and pray this team pulls its head out come next October.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
It's not even just management. Plenty of people on here still think we're "too good" to be a bottom 5 team. We just played THE bottom of the barrel team and got smoked in the first period. Pick at what individual flaws we had in our game all you want, we suck, and aren't progressing.

Flyers will pass us up and The Blue Jackets will definitely pass us in the standings, they're a 2nd half of the season team and getting some key guys back in the lineup slowly. Sens and Devils are 50/50 but if we sell at the deadline I wouldn't count on the team trying any harder than they are now, so one of them will probably pass us.

We're not Edmonton, but I don't think we're much better.

I don't think we're too good to be bottom 5. I think we've won too many games to be bottom 2. If we lose the next 30 games straight in regulation the Sabres will still need to win over 60% of their games to match our current point totals. They've won 30% of their games this year. It is literally impossible for us to get below Buffalo in the standings.

NukeJukes43

lol what.

The only thing that was keeping it from being 0-0 was Enroth and a deflection off Klingberg.

Dallas dominated the first period outside of that.

2nd period, well. It wasn't pretty but we didn't get smoked, outside of the goal plays themselves.

It's still Buffalo so I'm not quick to defend the Stars or revert my statement on being smoked.

We must have been watching different games. I didn't see Dallas dominate anything other than the shot count which we all know doesn't mean anything this year.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
It's still Buffalo so I'm not quick to defend the Stars or revert my statement on being smoked.

We must have been watching different games. I didn't see Dallas dominate anything other than the shot count which we all know doesn't mean anything this year.

the shot count doesn't mean anything only if your goaltender is consistently worse than the other teams.

Many teams in this league have had great success by outshooting and outchancing the opposition on a nightly basis... some might call it the only dependable way to lasting success in this league.

NukeJukes43

the shot count doesn't mean anything only if your goaltender is consistently worse than the other teams.

Many teams in this league have had great success by outshooting and outchancing the opposition on a nightly basis... some might call it the only dependable way to lasting success in this league.

Tell that to the Kings. Last I heard they're having that very issue, same as us.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
wow that's just sad.

I can't even really blame Lindback. The 1st goal is unlucky with a deflection but the 2nd two are bad defense.

They appeared to have fight and desire but pedestrian shooting against a good goaltender isn't going to get it done.

Enroth, may I have one of those on the Stars please. I wonder what he'd look like behind a team with good defense.

Someone please tell me why Dallas would even contemplate keeping Goligoski and giving him an extension when his contract is up? The UFAs should be the first out the door but he should be 1A.

He's probably being moved at the deadline...Sabres will accept prospects further along in their development. His value is probably a 2015 2nd round pick.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I actually have no idea what this means but I was just being facetious. I think this game proves that this team has more problems than just Kari Lehtonen.

I actually have no idea why this would be complicated. The goaltending is singularly bad. It wasn't the problem this game, but it's been a major driving force of the McDavid truck. And it just magnifies what happens when the defense plays good against Tampa and Colorado, but ***** the bed against Buffalo of all teams. No doubt it was the D this game - even Klingberg made some bad plays defensively. Goligoski probably played one of his worst games (awful pass at the end there to Seguin who had a Sabre bearing down him to his left despite Klingberg utterly open on his right), and the Jokey pair didn't fair much better as its own superorganism of puck farting.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Tell that to the Kings. Last I heard they're having that very issue, same as us.

This is a bizarre argument considering the Kings have had as much success as any team in recent history pursuing this approach to the game

unless you were trying to be funny.

No, outshooting and outchancing the opposition doesn't guarantee you wins or a playoff spot. But all of the teams who are successful over multiple years (not just one fluke season) do it.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
When the trade talk was churning a couple of months ago, there was a lot of talk about how Myers sucks. The Myers I saw tonight would be the best defender on the Stars.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I don't think we're too good to be bottom 5. I think we've won too many games to be bottom 2. If we lose the next 30 games straight in regulation the Sabres will still need to win over 60% of their games to match our current point totals. They've won 30% of their games this year. It is literally impossible for us to get below Buffalo in the standings.

No one seriously believes we'd get a top pick unless we win the lottery but the lower the spot the better the prospect we draft and the better the odds are that they can win the lottery. Top 5 is pretty doubtful but 6/7/8 is better than 11.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
When the trade talk was churning a couple of months ago, there was a lot of talk about how Myers sucks. The Myers I saw tonight would be the best defender on the Stars.

John Klingberg wasn't the better defenceman in the game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad