GDT: Game #52 - 02.07.15 - at Buffalo - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest+ - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

MetalGodAOD*

How nice would it have been for Nill to trade for Dubnyk at this point? Look what solid goaltending did for the Wild, all for the price of a 3rd round pick.

Idk how Nill didn't get a guy like Enroth, Dubnyk, Fasth, or someone to be a 1B months ago. Could have saved a season.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I'm so glad I was busy filming my Kickstarter video tonight to miss most of this game... Saw the bits and pieces up until 3-0 then just checked out.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
It's not even just management. Plenty of people on here still think we're "too good" to be a bottom 5 team. We just played THE bottom of the barrel team and got smoked in the first period. Pick at what individual flaws we had in our game all you want, we suck, and aren't progressing.

Flyers will pass us up and The Blue Jackets will definitely pass us in the standings, they're a 2nd half of the season team and getting some key guys back in the lineup slowly. Sens and Devils are 50/50 but if we sell at the deadline I wouldn't count on the team trying any harder than they are now, so one of them will probably pass us.

We're not Edmonton, but I don't think we're much better.

What we are is a team that should be picking at 3rd overall.

I truly believe this team isn't close still. It's worse.

MetalGodAOD*

How many years in a row is this that the team has choked after the ASB?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well tonight could've gone better, for sure.

Second Sabres game I've ever been to, and they won both times.

Didn't get much flak from an overall friendly bunch, actually saw quite a lot of green in the crowd and through the concourse as well. Plus a few Habs jerseys, for some reason. :help:

Jordie was Jordie, and Anders was.....Anders.

And Dallas just couldn't get it done, yet again. I was so convinced they could at LEAST top the Sabres, but just like how they got swept by the lowly Leafs, Dallas finds a way to lose to Buffalo. There's one for the ol' self-worth.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah he did quiet down the crowd a few times, especially on that one breakaway. Still, spotting the other guys a 3-0 lead is never good.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
:banghead::madfire::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm::help:

Seguin finally scores. Seriously its been like how many years lol

Benn sucks (both). One of them is a useless trash while another one just isn't doing his job right for all the ****ing minutes that he is getting.

Spezza has gotten better in term of creating offense/production but is a liability on defense.

The rest is whatever. Seriously, most of the stars are far below the expectations that the analysts and fans thought it would be.

The only players that I thought played well up until now are Seguin (his been ice age for quite a while though), Klingberg, and Cole (thought he would be far worse). The rest are either mediocre, disappointing, or just down right awful.

Seriously, losing to Buffalo. Step your **** up please.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Benn sucks (both). One of them is a useless trash while another one just isn't doing his job right for all the ****ing minutes that he is getting.

Uh Jamie Benn has 4 goals and 7 assists in the last 10 games. He had a 5 game point streak going into the Sabres game. He has the 2nd most points on the team since the All-Star break behind Klingberg. Out of everyone on the team I don't know why you'd say that he's the one not doing his job right.

Actually to extend it further, in the past month he has 13 points while Seguin has 11. Only Klingberg has more with 14. So yeah Benn is the second to last person that I'd complain about right now.

Last edited:

Primetimey*

Watched the VOD of this one when I got back home last night.. yikes. The problems with the team continue to be defensive coverage and constantly being out of position.

How people are so wide open if front of the net all the time is beyond me. Also, why are we constantly trying to leave the zone (especially on the PK) when we haven't even fully cleared the puck over the blue line. This team takes way too many defensive risks for offensive gain and it BURNS us in the butt every game.

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
Well tonight could've gone better, for sure.

Second Sabres game I've ever been to, and they won both times.

Didn't get much flak from an overall friendly bunch, actually saw quite a lot of green in the crowd and through the concourse as well. Plus a few Habs jerseys, for some reason. :help:

Jordie was Jordie, and Anders was.....Anders.

And Dallas just couldn't get it done, yet again. I was so convinced they could at LEAST top the Sabres, but just like how they got swept by the lowly Leafs, Dallas finds a way to lose to Buffalo. There's one for the ol' self-worth.

I get that Jordie isn't the best defenseman in the NHL, but it's not like he's playing under an outrageous contract. Can you actually point to statistics that show that Jordie had a bad game? I can see he blocked one shot and didn't have any turnovers. He was on the ice for one goal against and it wasn't his mistake that allowed it.

Maybe some of you should actually watch the game before you make silly comments.

Brand New Stars

I get that Jordie isn't the best defenseman in the NHL, but it's not like he's playing under an outrageous contract. Can you actually point to statistics that show that Jordie had a bad game? I can see he blocked one shot and didn't have any turnovers. He was on the ice for one goal against and it wasn't his mistake that allowed it.

Maybe some of you should actually watch the game before you make silly comments.

Did you actually just say to watch the game, but point to stats to prove the point? Funny stuff man.

Brand New Stars

A player can have a bad game without having a goal against. That just goes back to the "point to stats" comment though.

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
A player can have a bad game without having a goal against. That just goes back to the "point to stats" comment though.

I don't disagree with that, but Jordie didn't have a bad game. The sight test and the stats test prove it, unless people just want to parrot the same garbage they always do on this site, which is to blame Jordie first no matter what.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I don't disagree with that, but Jordie didn't have a bad game. The sight test and the stats test prove it, unless people just want to parrot the same garbage they always do on this site, which is to blame Jordie first no matter what.

You're behind the times, man. It's blame Kari no matter what now.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
I didn't watch the whole game, but I saw a lot of arrogant hockey out of the Stars. Ruff's message to respect the other team didn't seem to get through their thick skulls. It was pretty clear that they didn't expect to have to do any work to win the game until they got down 3-0.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad