GDT: Game 51: Coyotes @ Sharks - 8:30 PM - FSAZ

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
A bit slow at times, but an overall good showing from the Coyotes. This game reminded me of some of the older rosters.

10:30 PM (for me) starts blow, but at least it was during the weekend; I'll probably miss a few of the late games coming up.

Good work Perlini and of course Vrbata continues to show one of his greatest strengths.

Doan almost blew the game for us a few times; I guess he's decided to go down fighting, even when it isn't necessary :)

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Could probably look this up easily myself, but have the Yotes lost a shootout this year? I can't remember a SO loss.

Keen observation. We have lost one game in SO to Columbus.

Interesting to note that we are actually 3-5 in true OT games, and 5-1 when going to the SO. Does this count for a #Del positive? :laugh:

Anyhow, good to win some ugly games. Players are looking more comfortable out there with each game.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Great game. Enjoyable. Loved the dads. Great stuff.

I'd love for the Hanzal haters to watch that game to get a sense of how valuable a player he can be playing against a powerhouse team like the Sharks.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Three stars of the game? I'll take the win.

L. Couture (Sharks - C): Goals: 1, Assists: 1
P. Marleau (Sharks - C): Goals: 0, Assists: 2
B. Dillon (Sharks - D): Goals: 1, Assists: 0

I'd have to check the stats, but seems like we lose the faceoff battle most games. Yesterday we came out on top with Burmistrov winning 70%, Hanzal 63%, and Dvorak 55%.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Great reminder that so many plays in hockey happen behind the play.

Jones reminds me of Smith, super human plays out of nowhere, but has a ton of leaky areas.

Team is looking faster and faster. The depth is looking more like two 2nd's and two 3rd's, rather than four 3rd's. Much harder for teams to play against. Team completely overwhelms certain lines with speed and checking down low. Time will tell if this is coaching related.

It's execution, you know, the word DT talks about all the time. When the players execute, everything is faster and the system works the way it should, and you can add the progression of the kids who are starting to feel a bit more comfortable.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Great game. Enjoyable. Loved the dads. Great stuff.

I'd love for the Hanzal haters to watch that game to get a sense of how valuable a player he can be playing against a powerhouse team like the Sharks.

You bet. Sure hope we can keep Hanzal.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Sat down at the Yard House bar after the Roadrunner game just in time for the 2nd period to start, still 0-0.
Doan with a nice auditon for the Sharks.
White's dad gets 1st star of the game.
Elysium Space Dust hits hard, was done on number two.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
It's execution, you know, the word DT talks about all the time. When the players execute, everything is faster and the system works the way it should, and you can add the progression of the kids who are starting to feel a bit more comfortable.

Execution preceded and implemented throughout with the absolutely necessary hard work factor.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
That is really sad.

Glad they got to do it though. Looks like they had a blast.

Good to see the team playing a little better too. Missed last night because I was filming the Knights, which was a super fun game in itself.

Go Yotes!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Exactly. Nice to see the young kids gaining confidence.

Agreed, the team has looked good and very competitive the few games before the break and the 3 games after the break. I hope it continues. The last 3 teams are all solid playoff teams and we gave them all they wanted. It is important to build momentum now going into next year. The BS about tanking and mailing it in the rest of the way to get a better draft pick is a bad idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad