GDT: Game 51 - CBJ vs WPG - 22 Jan, 7:30pm, @Nat

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
A few thoughts:

Some looked like they were checked out for the break. Team still found a way to win.
Elvis wasn't great today. He wasn't bad either. Didn't get the lucky bounces he's been getting. Still mde some big saves when needed and still put another W.
Gavrikov really struggled today as some have said. I'll give him a pass. Dude has been really good.
Bjorkstrands shot is elite.
PLD is a strong young man.
For those on the mains that say Seth Jones is over rated....eat ****.

Enjoy the break boys. You deserve it.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Team picked up Elvis a bit tonight. He was fine but a bit shaky. First goal was unlucky, second one was deflected, and third one he needs to stop. But that’s ok, he’s not going to be perfect or excellent every game.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
I hope Cam didn’t lose his fire, but he was invisible tonight

He is going to be fine. The much needed mind shift has already taken place. I have a bad, no I mean a good feeling about this :я

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Had the good fortune of being able to attend tonight's game. I thought from start to finish they were the better team. The Jets had some fortunate bounces and Elvis wasn't his sharpest, but he made some timely saves and the team came through on the scoresheet (what a shot by Bjork to win it). Happy with this win right before the break.

PS – really great crowd. Felt great to be at NWA.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Just got done watching... wow. Bjorkstrand's second goal, the game-winner.... I just about crapped myself when I saw that. To fight through that check and win that battle, and then just walk in and bury it -- that was straight nasty. Dude is just on fire right now. Probably a bad time for him to hit the break, but oh well.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Just got done watching... wow. Bjorkstrand's second goal, the game-winner.... I just about crapped myself when I saw that. To fight through that check and win that battle, and then just walk in and bury it -- that was straight nasty. Dude is just on fire right now. Probably a bad time for him to hit the break, but oh well.

Did you see that EN shot :/

Imagine how many hats there would be... :|

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Bjork’s second goal was indeed a great individual effort. His first goal, not to be overlooked, was a sweet two man game that we see we more often see from the opponent.....really nice. The goal I thought he’d convert was a play behind the net, where he fought on the boards and deked the defender to loop around from back to the net front, getting a point blank shot at the goalie which was unfortunately blocked.

Before injury and upon his return, Bjork has looked like a 35+ goal player.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Btw, how TF has Werenski not been added to the Metro team? The NHL is ****ing incompetent. He leads the league in goals by a defensemen (missing 7 games). Dougie Hamilton went out, unfortunately.

The NHL absolutely sucks at this stuff.
Because every team in the league is supposed to be represented by at least one player. So when Carolina’s player was injured, one of his teammates took his place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad