GDT: Game 51: Avs @ Sharks | Tuesday, January 26th, 8pm MT (NBCSN) | No Worries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm being that insecure kid in school but I'm doing it anyway. Does anyone like my Soderberg avy?

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm being that insecure kid in school but I'm doing it anyway. Does anyone like my Soderberg avy?

The way McNab says it it should be more like:

Solder_Roll.jpg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
pop was what we called soda, coke pepsi etc in my growing up years in the midwest b4 I moved to the big East

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It's still called pop in Canada. Or, at least in Alberta. Not sure about the other provinces. Though soda does seem like a more appropriate name than just "pop"

People say "pop" here too. Some people say "Soft Drink" here though :help:
We have our own language :laugh:

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Soda, Pop, Sopapop, Soft Drink, Coke (some places call any carbonated sugar-water beverage Coke, regardless of brand). And that's not all the English words I have heard used. On top of that...you should hear what some Thai folks accents turn them into (they always use the name...if you ask for soda, you get plain soda water...nasty).

Moxie!!

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Soda, Pop, Sopapop, Soft Drink, Coke (some places call any carbonated sugar-water beverage Coke, regardless of brand). And that's not all the English words I have heard used. On top of that...you should hear what some Thai folks accents turn them into (they always use the name...if you ask for soda, you get plain soda water...nasty).

Moxie!!

Well that ain't right...

I imagine a lot of people here might also offer you club soda if you asked for soda. Or actually, at a grocery store, maybe they'd take you to the baking soda. You never know about our English skills though, that's all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad