BRUINS GDT Game 51 2/8 7:08 PM - VANCOUVER - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SNP, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1707339759614.png

1707339791828.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Please note that Thursday's morning skate will take place at TD Garden.

Thursday, February 8 (TD Garden, Boston, MA)

- Morning skate, 10:30 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate
- Game vs. Vancouver Canucks, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

Reactions: hrdpuk and Gordoff

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I haven't seen the Canucks much this year, but it's interesting how quickly they transitioned from non-playoff team to powerhouse. Makes me wonder if Ottawa or Buffalo could ever find that last missing element - which looking at Demko's numbers, goaltending is a huge part of.

Ullmark scored last time these two teams met. I'm not expecting a multi-goal lead and an empty net this time.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Bruins better come out hitting. If they come out flat, I’d be thinking McAvoy’s comments fell on deaf ears. Time to show some physicality.

Reactions: bruins19

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I haven't seen the Canucks much this year, but it's interesting how quickly they transitioned from non-playoff team to powerhouse. Makes me wonder if Ottawa or Buffalo could ever find that last missing element - which looking at Demko's numbers, goaltending is a huge part of.

Ullmark scored last time these two teams met. I'm not expecting a multi-goal lead and an empty net this time.
That was the coolest thing. I would love to see it again.

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

They have some skill for sure and a dangerous powerplay with Hughes at QB.Bruins need to put pucks in good places and stay on the right side of the battles.Should be a fun game with 2011 always talked about when they meet .Go Bruins.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I expect Bruins to come out with a great effort, but am worried that if we get behind early we resort to playing like last "game"....a bad goal or a few penalties and we could be in deep trouble

Reactions: Ladyfan

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Bruins better come out hitting. If they come out flat, I’d be thinking McAvoy’s comments fell on deaf ears. Time to show some physicality.
Has this ever happened this season (post Lucic)? I don't think so. But it would be a good idea.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I think if you go back to the Canucks in 2018, you can see where what they're building this year began. Pettersson debuted, then Hughes the year after, they already had Boeser and Horvat. They signed Miller and Myers in 2019 too. 18-19 they're a young team on the rise, then 2020 really seems like a break out season. Make the playoffs, get through the bubble qualifying round, beat the defending champs in 6, then take the highly fancied Knights to seven.

Seemed like the only way was up. But I think it's a real truism in sport that going from a fringe playoff team to a genuine contender is the hardest jump to make, and for whatever reason in 20-21 the wheels fell off. Losing Markstrom probably didn't help. Green went and Boudreau steadied the ship but couldn't elevate it, then Tocchet came on board and he seems to know his business. And seemingly just like that they hit 23-24 and suddenly they're contending for best team and record in the NHL.

I think though what we're seeing now is largely a continuation and a fulfilling of the promise from 2018-20, and what happened in-between was just an aberration or a stumble. Those rosters in the lowly years were never bad - they had their issues for sure, but really more than anything they underperformed. Now Hughes, Pettersson and Boeser are maturing and adding smarts and experience to their high skill, Demko has gone from very promising to elite, Miller is putting to rest the arguments about whether it was better to keep him or Horvat (at least for now) and scoring a ton of points, along the way they've added Garland and now Lindholm and stiffened their back end. Put it all together and you have a very good hockey team. Long way to go of course from here to a Cup, but they're looking pretty serious.

Looking forward to this one. Put aside the rivalry and the history, and the Canucks are a fun team to watch with a lot of talent. But the Bruins can take it up to them. They will need to be much better than on Tuesday though. Hopefully they rise to the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad