GDT: Game 51: 2/7/2015 • Minnesota vs. Colorado • 7:00 PM Central, 3:00 AM Suomi • FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
5 in a row feels awesome.

EXACTLY what we needed.

Said coming into this stretch after the All Star game that we were entering a season defining stretch of games. So far, we are 5-0 in that stretch. All in regulation. That's fantastic.

If we can win these next two games, wow. We'd be right in the thick of it.

Absolutely,now if we can stop with the one goal games that would be even more awesome.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Although he did make a couple nice plays or at least had a couple nice ideas that just didn't end up working out. That drop pass to Parise comes to mind...

Dumba, I can't say how impressed I am by Dumba, he's so poised with the puck, he's so mobile, his puck skills and skating ability is elite as well, and he's only 20! I was a huge Spurgeon fan before people started to realize how good he was. I'm ecstatic about Dumba.

I can't believe Scandella, Spurgeon, Brodin, Dumba, Zucker, and Nino have developed as much as they have. All of these guys have been guys that a lot of people were wary about at first, but have done nothing but meet and even exceed those expectations .

And Granlund and Coyle it's more of a consistency thing than lack of ability.

And Haula even though he hasn't put up big numbers on the score sheet is such a good player. Out-of-shape...maybe. But he's still one of the fastest players in the league and a great guy to have in the bottom 6. His speed is so valuable on the PK and he can flat out shut people down as well as using his wheels on the forecheck.

And ALL those guys are young guys with Spurgeon being the oldest among them. Some players takes 3-4 years in this league before they really put it together. Zucker, Dumba, Nino...even Coyle, all of these guys may become much better than they already are. I expect at least ONE of them to become a very, very good player with a long career.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I think we are already back in the thick of it... crazy how when we were winning early, so was everyone else. Then when we were losing everyone ahead of us was STILL winning... now we're winning and those we're chasing are losing? This is suddenly bizzaro-world.

I'm cautiously optimistic right now. But if we beat Vancouver and Winnipeg, I'll be in full blown excited mode :handclap:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I think we are already back in the thick of it... crazy how when we were winning early, so was everyone else. Then when we were losing everyone ahead of us was STILL winning... now we're winning and those we're chasing are losing? This is suddenly bizzaro-world.

The last 10-15 games of the season will be SO SO SO awesomely exciting.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Or maybe... Chicago?

This too.

At this point I think it's safe to assume our first round matchup (if we made it obviously) would be Anaheim, Nashville, or St. Louis.

By our recent past, we want nothing to do with the Blues. That means we'd rather play Nashville probably? Although Pekka scares me off a little there.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I just want to get into that 8th spot. Until then I will be holding my breath. We have made an amazing comeback but we have to keep it up. We need to take care of business like tomorrow night. That game is a must. We not only get points but prevent points from happening to a team we are fighting with for a playoff spot.

We have to keep going, acting as if every game from this point forward is a sudden death sort of playoff game.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I just want to get into that 8th spot. Until then I will be holding my breath. We have made an amazing comeback but we have to keep it up. We need to take care of business like tomorrow night. That game is a must. We not only get points but prevent points from happening to a team we are fighting with for a playoff spot.

We have to keep going, acting as if every game from this point forward is a sudden death sort of playoff game.

I'd say tomorrow is less of a must-win, while Tuesday is the massive game. But yeah, every game is big the rest of the year.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'd say tomorrow is less of a must-win, while Tuesday is the massive game. But yeah, every game is big the rest of the year.

I think the next two games are so so so crucial. That will give us our cushion to lose a couple games.

Obviously not going to win them all for the rest of the year. Just gotta lose to the right teams.

But yes, if you had to pick, tomorrow would be the game to lose, I think.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I think the next two games are so so so crucial. That will give us our cushion to lose a couple games.

Obviously not going to win them all for the rest of the year. Just gotta lose to the right teams.

But yes, if you had to pick, tomorrow would be the game to lose, I think.

If we can win these huge games against Vancouver and Winnipeg, we then have Florida and Carolina at home before the Western Canada road trip. Lots of potential to be riding a 9 game winning streak into that trip. The Wild need to get locked into one of the wildcard spots by March and hold onto it. The end of the schedule has a 5 game home stand on it. Would love to clinch on that homestand. @Chicago @Nashville @St Louis looks terrifying to end the season if we aren't clinched by then.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
If we can win these huge games against Vancouver and Winnipeg, we then have Florida and Carolina at home before the Western Canada road trip. Lots of potential to be riding a 9 game winning streak into that trip. The Wild need to get locked into one of the wildcard spots by March and hold onto it. The end of the schedule has a 5 game home stand on it. Would love to clinch on that homestand. @Chicago @Nashville @St Louis looks terrifying to end the season if we aren't clinched by then.

Not necessary. They probably have already clinched playoffs and doesn't have that much to play for. Dallas,Flames,Winnipeg etc all probably fighting for that wildcard spots would be really tough games.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Not necessary. They probably have already clinched playoffs and doesn't have that much to play for. Dallas,Flames,Winnipeg etc all probably fighting for that wildcard spots would be really tough games.

Depends on if one of them runs away with the division. If first in the division is still close, they'll obviously be playing for that.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
XwoRcwA.jpg

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This too.

At this point I think it's safe to assume our first round matchup (if we made it obviously) would be Anaheim, Nashville, or St. Louis.

By our recent past, we want nothing to do with the Blues. That means we'd rather play Nashville probably? Although Pekka scares me off a little there.

You realize we beat Chicago with a shutout last week right? Not all these wins are against scrubs...

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
You realize we beat Chicago with a shutout last week right? Not all these wins are against scrubs...

Quote the wrong person? I said nothing about only beating scrubs.

Edit: Oh, you're responding to the "this too". I mean that we need to beat them in a playoff series... or even in Chicago for starters.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
There's no such thing as an easy win in this league. Among the Wild's recent wins, these same opponents have some good results of late:

Flames are 7-3 in their last 10.
Cauncks whipped Pittsburgh last night.
Buffalo beat the Stars.
Edmonton beat the Sharks.
etc.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
There's no such thing as an easy win in this league. Among the Wild's recent wins, these same opponents have some good results of late:

Flames are 7-3 in their last 10.
Cauncks whipped Pittsburgh last night.
Buffalo beat the Stars.
Edmonton beat the Sharks.
etc.

This.

While our schedule has been easier than it was when we were facing teams like Pittsburgh, St. Louis, and Nashville consistently. We still are beating teams that are in Playoff positions. Calgary, Chicago, Colorado, and Vancouver are 4 very good teams.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
This too.

Personally, I'd prefer to play a team who depends on their goalie way more than their skaters. Chances of one player having a bad game/series is way higher than a whole forward group and/or D-core having one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad