GDT: Game 50: Seattle Kraken (16-29-4) @ Winnipeg Jets (21-18-8)- 5pm PST

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I think Eberle's defensive guffaws are not acceptable given the amount of offense he produces. He has been poor today.

Also, Gio kind of looks checked out.
You can't win in this league with players giving that type of defensive effort regularly.

If they are producing and you can find a way to shelter them defensively, a good team may be able to make it work, but this team needs all 18 skaters giving full defensive efforts every night if they want to be competitive.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Alright. Feelin good @kihei ?
LOL. I want to be really upset when this happens but the hope for a top-3 picks keeps me from getting too upset.
You can't win in this league with players giving that type of defensive effort regularly.

If they are producing and you can find a way to shelter them defensively, a good team may be able to make it work, but this team needs all 18 skaters giving full defensive efforts every night if they want to be competitive.
Yep. Absolutely. I mean Eberle has looked checkout out day-in, day-out.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The Kraken play isn’t the worst thing going on for me right now. I decided I was going to try a zero carb beer. Let me just say. Do not! Ever!
Just like the Kraken. Self-inflicted wounds.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Well, it's not like we haven't had room to skate tonight. There have been some pretty passing plays, even occasionally to the right team. But we never seem to find the back of the net.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
LOL. I want to be really upset when this happens but the hope for a top-3 picks keeps me from getting too upset.

Yep. Absolutely. I mean Eberle has looked checkout out day-in, day-out.

He plays hard in the offensive zone, but he has always been a player that won't skate hard to back check or play D on turnovers.

Drives me nuts to watch NHL players turn over the puck and then give up on the play and look up at the rafters instead of skating hard to battle and try to rectify your mistake.

At least Eberle is really the only guy on the team that does it regularly, and ultimately, I guess he is boosting the tank for draft position - silver linings.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I hope we get a gunner in the draft, somebody who will know how to make use of Beniers abundant passing skills.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Watching the Winnipeg feed at the moment. The whole Jets team (presumably the Canadians anyway) came to the arena tonight wearing Team Canada's women's hockey jerseys. A nice thing to do and a well- deserved show of respect.

Reactions: Cypruss

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Tough nut to crack: the Jets are 15-0-1 going into the third period with a lead.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00