GDT: Game 50: Red Wings vs sens 7:00 pm et 1/31/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Is Ras really that much better than Copp? Especially considering Copp is MUCH better at faceoffs.

I realize I'm asking you to defend this like you're the one who picked Ras in OT. lol
I didn't catch the face off, but I would be surprised if Ras took it over Larkin.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I’m honestly very pissed:

Even had a joking matter with the fam. Had it all arranged.

First my ex texts me and now this.

Sorry boys I tried all the reverse psychology possible
Eww, dude. Here's a picture of my current horse as a pup:

mal1.JPG

And here he is today:
mal2.png

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
This right here…Right now we’re ticked off considering who the opponent was and it’s the long All Star break…After a few minutes we’ll realize that we had a better than hoped for month of January…Time for the lads to rest up - lots of hockey left to play :thumbu:
I was hoping for 3 points against Vegas and Ottawa, Vegas wins games and Ottawa wins games against us. It was a good night.

Reactions: FMichael and KJoe88

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Thought Perron, and Fabbs were pretty meh, and of course Ghost and Holl was a train wreck.

It sucks giving them free goals tho, that tip was sooo slow on the way to the net and the Mo wipe out.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
20 out of 26 points in January, but you're talking like this is the start of a bad trend, lol. It's one game.

Murphy's Law says hello. It's not like we haven't seen the wheels fall off this team this year already. Yes, it's just one game, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared for anything.

Seek out some real negativity. I'm merely open to every possibility.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He’s not. He’s there because he’s got a long wingspan to break up plays if we don’t win possession.

That makes more sense but I still question if he's the best guy for that role. Yes he's got the wingspan but he's not exactly 3 on 3 fast.

Murphy's Law says hello. It's not like we haven't seen the wheels fall off this team this year already. Yes, it's just one game, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared for anything.

Did you have the same feeling after the Dallas game? Cause that one was really a train wreck, reminding us of the Dark December of Despair. And what came next? Shutout against PHI and a win against the reigning champions.

We are fine, dude.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
He didn't. Larkin took it.

I'm just wondering why Ras is the go to guy as a backup for faceoffs rather than someone like Copp.
I don't think back up for face off is the primary concern in OT. Usually guys are thrown out because a teammate is stepping into the circle(that seems to have been the main reason this season at least).

It's not like I think Larks and Ras is the best combination to start, but it is not really the worst either.

Honestly, I can't stand the 3-on-3 anymore. Teams have started to play a lot more keep away lately. Maybe I am just too old😅

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I don't think back up for face off is the primary concern in OT. Usually guys are thrown out because a teammate is stepping into the circle(that seems to have been the main reason this season at least).

It's not like I think Larks and Ras is the best combination to start, but it is not really the worst either.

Honestly, I can't stand the 3-on-3 anymore. Teams have started to play a lot more keep away lately. Maybe I am just too old😅

I'm with you on 3 on 3. It was fun when they first started doing it but then like most everything else they coached the fun out of it

Reactions: RRhoads

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

I'm not worried as long as Lyon and Larkin are healthy. Those are your wheels.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Also kept waiting for another PP chance, hard to think the only call we got was on a bad call against Tkachuk.

NHL refs make zero sense. Call some soft penalties, then put the whistles away altogether.
I'm with you on 3 on 3. It was fun when they first started doing it but then like most everything else they coached the fun out of it

Put a shot clock in or make the team forfeit the puck if they back track. It's a bit of a farce for a pro sports league to have such gimmicky ways to decide games between that and the shootout.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
People complaining about something that's happened every OT all season.

Took you 50 games to notice something. You are a very observant hockey watcher.
Ezekial is on point with this one, those two Larkin and Moose come out to start every OT. Moose can win a draw if Larks get chased.

And to add to it, you all do realize those two are a PK pair? Larks win the draw, Moose goes off, if they lose the draw, we have a PK pair out there defending. Actually pretty good coaching if you ask me.

Now putting D Cat out there when we never had possession, that is a bad coaching head scratcher.

Last edited:

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Thought Perron, and Fabbs were pretty meh, and of course Ghost and Holl was a train wreck.

It sucks giving them free goals tho, that tip was sooo slow on the way to the net and the Mo wipe out.
Looking forward to seeing Fabs back on the fourth line with Veleno and Sprong. We need Kane on the second for that line to score at all

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad