GDT: Game #50: Leafs @ Jackets 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'm trying to be excited for this game, but with how awful their defense and goaltending has been for the last few months, kind of hard to get amped.

The Leafs will probably win on the backs of the first line like they did much of 2022 thus far. So, if the first line is on fire, then it's a win, cause the second line sure as hell isn't gonna do anything.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's kind of terrible. We currently have the worst goaltending of any team currently qualified for playoffs.

If Mrazek or Campbell don't turn it around soon, our biggest priority might actually be goaltending.
It is certainly top 3 and trending up.
Does that stat not reflect on the defense as well?

Reactions: horner

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
It is certainly top 3 and trending up.
Does that stat not reflect on the defense as well?

Not really, high danger save% means their ability to save a high danger shot. If there’s a high danger shot it reflects a defensive breakdown already.

The leafs are also 18th in HDCA so they actually limit high danger chances more than the majority of the league.

With that said, I don’t know if HDCA are more frequent recently.

Reactions: Fogelhund

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Not really, high danger save% means their ability to save a high danger shot. If there’s a high danger shot it reflects a defensive breakdown already.

The leafs are also 18th in HDCA so they actually limit high danger chances more than the majority of the league.

With that said, I don’t know if HDCA are more frequent recently.
Thanks and I'm guessing not all high danger shots are equal.
Goalies do need to start making some saves though.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
New guy dressing tonight?

Haven't seen any mention of him being in the line-up.

TSN had this though.
Lyubushkin takes the ice during Leafs' optional skate

For the first time since being acquired from the Coyotes, Ilya Lyubushkin was on the ice with a few members of the Maple Leafs during their optional skate ahead of their game against the Blue Jackets tonight.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

You cant attribute this only to goalie.

A shot from the same area but one with a defender with a stick on shooting lane or a guy at the same spot all alone in term of stats, it will be the same but in the reality it not event close.

So it is a goalie problem or the team defensive problem( not just just d group but all 5 player)?

Defensivly toronto dont play the same way they did to start the season and what the need to do until the end of the season, it restarting play with the same type of determination defensive side, make a second effort to came back and cover his player, short shift, cover your dman when they try something on offensive zone, stay focus...

Yes goalie are able to give more but for me everything start with defensive effort who disapeared

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Haven't seen any mention of him being in the line-up.

TSN had this though.
Lyubushkin takes the ice during Leafs' optional skate

For the first time since being acquired from the Coyotes, Ilya Lyubushkin was on the ice with a few members of the Maple Leafs during their optional skate ahead of their game against the Blue Jackets tonight.
Excellent, hope he gets in.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Thanks and I'm guessing not all high danger shots are equal.
Goalies do need to start making some saves though.

This is how it is determined:
DFC8B9E4-06BF-47CD-A78E-184820EAA404.jpeg

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think it might make sense to give Lyubushkin a few practices with his new team and defensive partner before he's pushed into the lineup. But, selfishly I wouldn't mind seeing him tonight.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

I think Masters is a bit off here. If these 2 aren't playing, it leaves us with 5 D. If I have to guess, Liljegren comes out for Holl and I'm okay with that, he hasn't been great for 2 games.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
well at least Sandin's back. The Leafs have really only had 3 consistently reliable defensemen all year, and it made no sense to healthy scratch one of them

Sandin has made more than his fair share of gaffes. Having him in the rotation with dermott, liljegren and sometimes Holl made perfect sense. In terms of this back to back, they probably wanted him in against Columbus, which should have been the harder of the two games, so he rests vs Montreal.

Last edited:
Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Bunting was a total gangsta last night... WE WILL JAWS II REVENGE TONIGHT FOR REAL AGAINST THESE TOTAL FOOLS!!! :clap: THIS ONE IS OURS AND SO IS THE MONEY! INVEST, HARD.

Also uh, expecting a very, very big night by our captain tavares. A very big night indeed. Cigars will be smoking, hard.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad