GDT: Game 50: Habs @ Isles | Enter Hamburglar? | Sun. Feb. 20, 2022, 2 PM ET -- TSN2, RDS, MSG

Will Habs finally win today and make it 2 in a row?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It wasn't so long ago that Hammond was one more character this fan base despised, as part of those Sens rosters that were truly annoying.

We even made fun of his "Hamburglar" moniker, it felt lame as hell. But now that he's a Hab, we might have to reconsider.

I had no idea that Hammond had taken the moniker so seriously and claimed ownership of it. I was surprised when I saw the Hamburglar cartoon painted on his mask.

65wuvm.jpg

I'm guessing he might have seen an opportunity to get a sponsorship from McDonald's. Turns out McDonad's is not loving it when someone using one of their brands is toiling in the minors over so many years, as Hammond was, until the Habs traded for him.

So what are we getting in Hammond -- the Hamburglar? A Hambungler? We'll find out but for now, his favorite moniker is following him into a Habs jersey no. 37.

65x3m9.jpg

The Hamburglar goes back to the 70s. It started off as an elderly troll, and then became this child-faced cartoon that Hammond sports on his mask. And finally, in 2015, they hired a real life adult actor who looks like a friggin' creep.

Yeah, this guy. God only knows what he's measuring ...

65xf8s.gif

He looks like the kind of creep that would seamlessly do this:

65xfme.jpg

(credit: somethingawful)

This is exactly the type of message that this guy would send to the Islanders.

65xj2m.gif

Lineups:

65xisk.gif

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I think Schueneman is in Covid Protocol, so Chiarot is in.

Perreault finally coming back?

Like him as a player, but guy should retire this summer. He can't stay healthy.

Hopefully, Pez gets back in.

Back to back, baby!

Go Hamburgler, go!!

:dm:

Reactions: Runner77 and Nedved

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Any reason this game wasn't played yesterday? Neither team played Friday or Saturday, but now we have to play 2 games in 2 games with travel in between. Not that winning either game is really meaningful for us, but it's annoying that Toronto gets to rest for a day while have to play then cross the border before we play them tomorrow.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I have not followed the Habs at all this season. I see that Shueneman is leading the team in +/-... is he a nice surprise defensively?

I don't really expect anything, but I'll take W's where I can if we manage to find some decent NHL D's out of nowhere

Reactions: Nedved

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I have not followed the Habs at all this season. I see that Shueneman is leading the team in +/-... is he a nice surprise defensively?

I don't really expect anything, but I'll take W's where I can if we manage to find some decent NHL D's out of nowhere

He actually looks serviceable, but I would flip him if a team wants him at the deadline.

Reactions: abo9 and Gravity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad