GDT: [Game #50] Dallas Stars @ Buffalo Sabres – 6:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #50 – 2/6/2024 – 6:00 PM CT – BSSWX
KeyBank Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Buffalo Sabres
30-13-6, 66 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 22-23-4, 48 pts

S2Q26Rq.png

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

GriAc84.png

Buffalo Sabres

Skinner - Thompson - Okposo
Benson - Cozens - Peterka
Greenway - Mittelstadt - Tuch
Girgensons - Krebs - Olofsson

Dahlin - Jokiharju
Power - Clifton
Johnson - Johnson

Luukkonen

2fmwd0w.png

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Haven't seen any updates, but I would expect to see Wedgewood tonight and Oettinger tomorrow.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a sloppy one

I agree, seems like a game that could end 6-5 or something. Will be interesting to see how the older guys look after nearly two weeks of rest.

Knowing this team, I expect a LOT of rust tonight and tomorrow. But I think we are going to have a very strong showing over the next month or two as the team gets into a playoff gear.

Reactions: redbeardtx

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Haven't seen any updates, but I would expect to see Wedgewood tonight and Oettinger tomorrow.

I agree, seems like a game that could end 6-5 or something. Will be interesting to see how the older guys look after nearly two weeks of rest.

Knowing this team, I expect a LOT of rust tonight and tomorrow. But I think we are going to have a very strong showing over the next month or two as the team gets into a playoff gear.
I think defense will be optional tonight for both sides after the break, more so for us. Plus it's against an eastern team so there's not as much pressure. We need the points though

Reactions: LT

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Good news is Buffalo hasn't played since we last did.

Didn't realize we play the Leafs tmw. Hopefully we can win tonight, because we struggle against the Leafs. Can't even remember the last time we beat them

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Welcome back to "Who Is That Player?"

After a long hiatus we are here to shed some light on that famous Buffalo Sabre, Connor Clifton.

clifton.png

Signed this past offseason as a free agent to a 3 year 3.33 AAV deal, Connor had the good sense to be taught to play hockey right handed which means he'll work in this league forever.

Drafted by Arizona in the 5th round all the way back in 2013, Clifton joined a long and esteemed line of players who refused to sign with the Coyotes franchise due to their general Coyote-ness.

Playing parts of 5 season with the Bruins organization Clifton became a regular on the blueline with a no-nonsense physical, defensive style. Much like Patrice Bergeron, we can definitively say he was not the reason the Bruins are good.

Taking his talents to the shores of Lake Erie, Connor promised to bring an element the Sabres have lacked:
Obviously, I play a two-way, abrasive style and I think I’m really going to help on the defensive side of things.
source

Currently he finds himself stabilizing the second pairing next to a sophomore-season Owen Power.

This has been, "Who Is That Player?"

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
SABRES having the Johnson brothers as a defensive pairing is intimidating,, they have been forces ever since they entered the NHL in the mid-2000s ... (winning a cup together with AVS) their longevity is incredibly impressive and admirable

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Important game to get 2 points and move on.

Will need points against teams like this given February has alot of tough matchups

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Jake .900 all star, 31st in the league in GAA.. hope he can get that back right

We'll see if he improves at all. I'm hopeful.

I think a week of nothing but confidence boosting at the ASG, along with the 9 days of rest (not counting the ASG itself, he played what? one period?) is gonna remove any potential excuse for his struggles.

But neither of those things seemed to really be problems beforehand, so it's very possible nothing changes.

He's what we've got to roll with no matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad