Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-1-29_11-18-42.png

upload_2019-1-29_11-19-12.png

upload_2019-1-29_11-20-4.png

upload_2019-1-29_11-21-31.png

Tonight's Officials

WM04.jpg
GH22.jpg

Referees Wes McCauley (4), Ghislain Hebert (22)
Linesmen Jonny Murray (95), Brian Murphy (93)

Ntl. Anthem Todd Angilly

upload_2019-1-29_11-23-49.png

upload_2019-1-29_11-24-26.png

upload_2019-1-29_11-25-15.png

upload_2019-1-29_11-25-48.png

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins host the Jets tonight in the 1st of 2 games between these teams this season and the only meeting of the season series at TD Garden … The Bruins are 27-17-5 this season and are 17-7-1 on home ice … They are 5-2-1 vs. Central Division opponents and are 11-4-3 vs. Western Conference foes. - They are returning tonight from a 9-day break encompassing their bye week and All-Star break following their last game on 1/19 … They will play the remaining 33 games on their schedule (16 home/17 road) over a 68-day span between tonight & 4/6. - The Bruins will conclude their January schedule hosting PHI on 1/29 before facing the Capitals in WSH on 2/3.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Trent Frederic is looking to play his 1st NHL game after his recall yesterday from Providence/AHL. - David Backes is 2 games shy of his 900th NHL game. - Brandon Carlo is 2 games short of his 200th NHL game. - Patrice Bergeron is 4 games shy of his 1,000th NHL game. - Zdeno Chara is 2 goals shy of his 200th NHL goal … He will become just the 21st defenseman in NHL history to reach that milestone.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2018-19: 163)
062514concertsc017.jpg

Joakim Nordstrom: Non-displaced fibula fracture suffered 1/1 vs CHI
Tuukka Rask: In concussion protocol after suffering injury 1/19 vs NYR

19350-wabac_machine_teaser.jpg

:bruins:jets

The nine-day All-Star break resulted in quite a revolving door for the Boston Bruins.
When the spinning ended, the Bruins brought up center Trent Frederic, their 2016 first-round draft pick, plus left winger Peter Cehlarik and goalie Zane McIntyre from their AHL Providence farm team.

Frederic, 20, likely will make his NHL debut Tuesday night when Boston returns from the break to face the visiting Winnipeg Jets.

McIntyre's summons was on an emergency basis because No. 1 goalie Tuukka Rask was placed on injured reserve, having sustained a concussion on Jan. 19.

"I don't think it's long-term," coach Bruce Cassidy said of Rask's time on the sideline. "He won't play (Tuesday). Hopefully gets on the ice (Tuesday). That's kind of the plan where he's at. Obviously he's day-to-day right now. It will be his call."

Until Rask returns, Jaroslav Halak will take the starter's role for the Bruins, who went into the break with a 2-3-1 slump that dropped them into an Eastern Conference wild-card spot.

The Bruins also sent Ryan Donato and Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson to Providence.

Frederic, a 20-year-old St. Louis native, has played in 37 games for Providence in his first full professional campaign, and he has 10 goals and seven assists.

"Probably the last month I thought I've been playing well, pretty strong," said Frederic. "I'm happy to be here. It's a dream come true, for sure."

Based on Monday's practice, Frederic will skate at center on the third line with Danton Heinen and David Backes. His arrival will provide a chance for the Bruins to assess whether they must acquire a third-line center for the stretch drive.

"What I've heard about Frederic is this past weekend he had a real good weekend," Cassidy said of the forward who missed nearly a month earlier this season due to a concussion. "(He's) playing assertive hockey, some of the best hockey he's played all year.
"There was a plan all along at the start of the year, to take a look at him at some point. We didn't know when that point would be. Some of that is how are the guys doing here, then there was an injury that set him back a little bit. He's healthy and playing well now."

The Central Division-leading Jets arrive on the heels of a 3-1 loss at Philadelphia on Monday night to kick off a busy stretch of 11 games in 20 days. Winnipeg has lost two straight overall and four of its past five road contests.
"One of those games," Winnipeg defenseman Josh Morrissey said of the loss to the Flyers. "We have to turn the page. We play right away against a great team in Boston. We have to be ready to go."

Even so, the Jets know their long-term plans -- to contend for a Stanley Cup.

"We're in a good position. We put ourselves in a good position," Jets captain Blake Wheeler said. "We were playing some of our best hockey going into the break, and there's some things to be excited about with that, so we'll continue to try to get better every single day and work towards playing our best hockey towards the end of the season and see where that puts us."

The Jets plan to start Connor Hellebuyck in goal on Tuesday and expect defenseman Ben Chiarot back in action after he sat out the past four games due to a lower-body injury. However, defenseman Dustin Byfuglien will remain sidelined because of an ankle injury.

Laurent Brossoit got the call in place of Hellebuyck on Monday and saved 28 of the 31 shots he faced.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Glad they're not in Winterpeg. We have a small office up there and the manager sent us an email saying it was -62 degrees Fahrenheit the other night. :eek: :cold:

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
Glad they're not in Winterpeg. We have a small office up there and the manager sent us an email saying it was -62 degrees Fahrenheit the other night. :eek: :cold:
WOW! I don't see how they do it!! It was zero here this morning and I almost started packing my things! :facepalm:

Reactions: BMC

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I will try not to over rate Frederic like every other prospect ever for the Bruins, hopefully he comes out and plays a nice solid game with minimal mistakes.

Winnipeg is a great team, so hopefully we get the W and tie the Habs at 61 points for 3rd in the division.

Go Bruins!!!

Reactions: HustleB

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Been calling for Frederic and Cehlarik or Seny for awhile and send down the smaller guys. Finally some size, nasty and puck possession. Gotta get Moore back in.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Or any team.. guy has been solid all year long
Agreed, but on the other hand Gryz has been solid too. I feel like these are the teams you brought Moore in to play against over Gryz, so it's a strange decision for me.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hmmm. John Moore on the 9th floor again?
Don`t get it, heavy team coming in, Moore handles the physical side well, sometimes Butch`s decisions just make me shake my head and I`m sorry but I`ve seen nothing from Moore that would have me push him to a healthy scratch as much as he has been recently. Not that he`s a flawless D-man but I also don`t like the message this potentially sends.

I`m all up for accountability and best man up, just not so sure Grizz has been that best man. Guy signs a deal then sits upstairs, not the message I would be sending to UFA`s around the league unless that player was playing horrendously which Moore hasn`t been

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Been calling for Frederic and Cehlarik or Seny for awhile and send down the smaller guys. Finally some size, nasty and puck possession. Gotta get Moore back in.
Agree should give Senyshyn a look too
Coach Leach was just interviewed and said Seny and Bjork fastest players down there

Reactions: FanSince72

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Hmmm. John Moore on the 9th floor again?

I mean it sucks for him, but the bruins have a lot more bigger holes to file than who's playing Moore or Miller. At this point I think its coming down too the Bruins like the physical presence that Miller brings.

Its all OK with me, I just hope they all stay healthy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Like to see Seny take Backes spot next year on the 3rd line RW with Frederic

like to see it this year:thumbu: or better yet, Acciari but I`m not sure even if the B`s acquired a big name at the deadline that Butch wouldn`t just continue to roll out NA for his 10-15 mins a night

Reactions: FanSince72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad