BRUINS GDT GAME 50 2/6 7:08 PM - Vacation is over - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SNW, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1707032095575.png

Sunday, February 4 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
- Practice, 2 p.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following practice

Monday, February 5 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
- Practice, 11 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following practice

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Flames will be well-rested.

They traded their only all star player.

I was a little surprised that the Flames gave up Lindholm while only 5 points out of a WC spot. It's a common sense move - their actual Cup chances are miniscule and it's much better to get something good for Lindy than let him walk for free - but NHL teams usually tend to resist becoming sellers as long as a faint hope of qualifying remains. So good on them for making a hard-nosed decision.

Bruins still can't sleep on Calgary. Their recent form has been up and down - they were rallying a bit before losing 4 of their last 5 - and it will hurt them losing Lindholm and Dube in one hit (If Hanafin would like to join the exodus and stay in Boston he'd be welcome). But there's still some talent there. Nonetheless I fully expect Boston to come back from the break strong and start the long run home well with a solid win.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I was a little surprised that the Flames gave up Lindholm while only 5 points out of a WC spot. It's a common sense move - their actual Cup chances are miniscule and it's much better to get something good for Lindy than let him walk for free - but NHL teams usually tend to resist becoming sellers as long as a faint hope of qualifying remains. So good on them for making a hard-nosed decision.

Bruins still can't sleep on Calgary. Their recent form has been up and down - they were rallying a bit before losing 4 of their last 5 - and it will hurt them losing Lindholm and Dube in one hit (If Hanafin would like to join the exodus and stay in Boston he'd be welcome). But there's still some talent there. Nonetheless I fully expect Boston to come back from the break strong and start the long run home well with a solid win.
I think they overpaid for the privilege of having Lindy for about 120 days. He could still walk in the summer. Calgary is laughing all the way to the bank.

Wirelessbits

Dec 11, 2021
I think they overpaid for the privilege of having Lindy for about 120 days. He could still walk in the summer. Calgary is laughing all the way to the bank.
And Vancouver fans are smiling and high-fiving like we were last year when our GM went all in for a deep playoff run....let's hope they have a better postseason than our heartbreak

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Depends how it plays out. If Vancouver makes the finals or they sign Lindholm to an extension, or ideally both from their point of view, then they're happy.

Regardless, I'm in favor of teams going hard when they have a good Cup opportunity. They don't come around every day. Nucks wanted another good center and went and got the best available without fooling around over cost. To me that's the right way to go about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad