GDT: Game 50 | 2/3/15 | Chicago @ Minnesota | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Just got back from the game. Absolute dominance. Love to not hear a word out of those Hawk fans that come down.
The Crawford chant started from puck drop and after each goal. I think half the reason is the playoffs last year and half the commercial FSN runs about 50 times a game.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Good win against a somewhat flat Hawks team tonight.Good job by Dubs making the saves on a bit of a quiet night.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Dubnyk has given the Wild quality goaltending since his Jan. 14 arrival and slowly but surely signs of the good Wild, not the bad Wild, have reappeared.

Remember Jan. 13 when the Wild actually played well for two periods in Pittsburgh but still lost 7-2?

Remember the 25-minute postgame player-only meeting that almost made my deadline-panicked heart go kaput?

After the game, the word “trust” was thrown around at record pace. Trust the system, trust each other, trust the beat writer (I made that up), trust, trust, trust.

On Jan. 14, General Manager Chuck Fletcher made an absolutely necessary goalie move (that hopefully didn’t occur too late).

Prior to that goalie arrival from Arizona, the Wild had lost six in a row and 12 of 14. Since a 7-0 win at Buffalo the night after Dubnyk’s acquisition, the Wild is 6-1-1 in its past eight and has won four in a row. Dubnyk is 6-1, having started all eight games, with a 1.48 goals-against average and .943 save percentage.

The Wild’s game has streamed back together and trust and confidence is back in the locker room.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/290746791.html

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I'm on a sick leave, so have a chance to watch the games afterwards in the morning.

This team, this team... What a ****in game!! It was the first game for a long time I was actually emotionally involved too. Very purifying experience. Yelled by myself when they scored, swore loudly when there was that terribad 5 on 3 powerplay. Actually, in that phase I thought that they were going to sink to the ocean of mediocrity once again, after a good start..

But no. I think the 3rd was pure dominance. Even though they didn't score anymore, Hawks were absolutely toothless. Wild controlled everything.. the puck, the speed, the battles, the game. While early in the game they looked a bit careless and hesitant with the puck, it was bouncing, passes were not tape to tape. But in the 3rd you could just sense the confidence. Everyone did the right things. Just so beautiful.

About players.. Koivu looked ok to me, liked Schroeders attitude, Dubnyk was very calm and reliable. And Zucker, oh boy. Just watch how he celebrates, pure joy! Or did you see his smile after the next shift? You can say he's in the happy place. It's awesome to watch.

Granlund found his inner Vanek and actually shot :naughty: Did I mention Brodin? Wow, he's himself again. Ballet on the ice. I actually yelled one time when he carried the puck from the own zone just by himself. It was a tight spot behind an own goal iirc, he just turned around a couple of times.. and like magic there was nobody around him anymore, just free ice.. and he was calmly able to do what he wanted.

Earlier I thought and said it, that this team's confidence is ruined. Yeo must be fired because nothing good can be achieved anymore with him. And that Dubnyk wasn't going to be a solution. I'm still very worried about the annual collapse thing, but it looks very good right now. So, I was wrong on a lot of things.

I don't know is this going to bring us to the playoffs, but this is the hockey I like to watch. It was a phenomenal game.

Last edited:

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Just watched the game. Wow. Just wow. I could watch that type of domination all day long. And against Chicago, no less. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

Granlund is playing so well right now. Expecting a huge stretch run from him. Dat confidence. Koivu is so much better too. And Zucker, man I love that kid. A rocketship. I thought Dumba played quietly a very good game too. Love to see him defend those Chicago forwards like a veteran at times. Brodin shows so much poise when he takes the puck to the net in the offensive zone, would love to see more of that from him. It's like he's told to go to the net, and he takes the puck there seemingly effortless. He's playing the game in easy mode.

What else... well, Dubnyk of course. He's given this team so much confidence. He makes the saves he's supposed to make and that already takes the team far. Crawford was very good tonight too but that wasn't enough. Was so sweet to see Toews slashing Spurgeon in frustration. Those tears, they are sweet.

This felt like a statement game.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
4 in a row for MIKE YEO (SCUUBBYY DOOBY DOOO).

Sorry I couldn't join ya for the thread but looking forward to Saturday. This team needs some time off to keep the roll going. Next 3 games are HUMONGOUS BIG

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
We have looked great. We keep this up and we are in the playoffs.

Interesting how having an actual hot goalie in net, coupled with lack of injuries and illness can get a team going again.

We just have to keep this thing going. We are definitely making the playoffs if we keep up the momentum. I mean, will we continue to win every game we play? Absolutely not but we have to keep this run going for as long as possible and when we do have an off game, we fix it immediately the next game. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect start for the second half of the season. Let's keep it going.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Just got back from the game. Absolute dominance. Love to not hear a word out of those Hawk fans that come down.
The Crawford chant started from puck drop and after each goal. I think half the reason is the playoffs last year and half the commercial FSN runs about 50 times a game.

Crawford was the reason it wasn't 7-0.... What an awful performance by the Hawks. They keep sand bagging it and they will be in trouble.

No issues though...the jets are next on Friday and they have won every game this season against us...

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I went to the 1st game of the season (crushing the Avs) which up until last night had been the pinnacle game so far this year. That's the team I expected this year, and I wanna see more!!!

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Listening to Russo filling in for PA. He agrees that it was stupid for NBCSN to broadcast the game, but not use any of their own crew, forcing the Wild fans to watch the CSN feed. "For NBC, the way that they treat the Wild at times... but that's a rant for another day"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad