GDT: Game #50 - 1.21.14 - vs Minnesota - 7:00 PM - NBCSN - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Cletus56

Nov 20, 2011
Austin
I hope we analyze what the Stars did right tonight after a win, as closely as we do after a loss...

Cletus

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I hope we analyze what the Stars did right tonight after a win, as closely as we do after a loss...

Cletus

They didn't take a lot of crappy penalties, their passing was leaps and bounds better than it normally is, they held on to the puck, and Minnesota played like hot poo.

Sports is like IT. If it ain't working, everyone criticizes the hell out of it. If it works, you get a pat on the back and everyone ignores you until it breaks.

Horsehead

Dec 30, 2013
Lake Ray Hubbard
Just got home...pretty empty in the area I was. Except for some idiot with a screaming kid. Had to move over a few sections in the third. Jordie with a PS....LOL that goalie should be embarrassed. Wild tried to get chippy, but we didn't bite. We chased them up and down all night. And Seguin...get a new stick dude.
And Heika.....man....seriously? There is NO way Goligoski was first star when Kari gets a shutout.

Eskimo Spy

Where's Bench?
Aug 3, 2011
Sports is like IT. If it ain't working, everyone criticizes the hell out of it. If it works, you get a pat on the back and everyone ignores you until it breaks.

Did you tap into our security system at work? That's EXACTLY how IT rolls...

And it's always the people who are the least technically proficient who complain the loudest too.

Anyhoo, I think we'll be seeing this the rest of the season; medium-highs and low-lows. Rebuilding sucks, but in Nill I trust.

Brand New Stars

And Heika.....man....seriously? There is NO way Goligoski was first star when Kari gets a shutout.

Kari didn't have to do much. The Stars dominated. A shutout doesn't mean the goalie was automatically the best player.

starshockeyfan56

Aug 2, 2005
The Xcalibur
Pretty typical of this group to be just mediocre enough to limp along and drag this season out a little longer.

What does this even mean? Should they just go ahead and lose out every game?

Last night was an example of what this team can be if they do everything the right way. There are so many young players on the roster, and they are learning what it takes to win consistently as a group. Not to mention that Ruff is figuring out what each player brings to the team.

If you expect them to go from zero to stanley cup contender in a single season then it is your own fault for setting false expectations. Watching games like this should show you what this team has the potential to become in the next 2-3 years.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What does this even mean? Should they just go ahead and lose out every game?

Last night was an example of what this team can be if they do everything the right way. There are so many young players on the roster, and they are learning what it takes to win consistently as a group. Not to mention that Ruff is figuring out what each player brings to the team.

If you expect them to go from zero to stanley cup contender in a single season then it is your own fault for setting false expectations. Watching games like this should show you what this team has the potential to become in the next 2-3 years.
Your positive attitude is great. Probably works wonders to keep your blood pressure in check.

But this game, as great as it was, doesn't change the fate of the season. I don't want to rail on them after a game like that. I could get upset with them by wondering where that kind of game has been for the past month, but I won't. I know the playoff ship sailed. I'm not expecting a bunch of wins. All I want is some entertaining hockey. Even if they lost last night, at least they were flying up and down the ice and were creating chances and playing with fire. If I'm not going to see playoff hockey, at least give me that kind of a game versus the rolling over and playing dead we've watched for most of January.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Your positive attitude is great. Probably works wonders to keep your blood pressure in check.

But this game, as great as it was, doesn't change the fate of the season. I don't want to rail on them after a game like that. I could get upset with them by wondering where that kind of game has been for the past month, but I won't. I know the playoff ship sailed. I'm not expecting a bunch of wins. All I want is some entertaining hockey. Even if they lost last night, at least they were flying up and down the ice and were creating chances and playing with fire. If I'm not going to see playoff hockey, at least give me that kind of a game versus the rolling over and playing dead we've watched for most of January.

Passion and drive are great but it sure is easier when the other teams best center, winger, 2 goalies and a good defender are out of the lineup. Dallas won as they should have in Minny but let's not ignore the reality of the Wild's situation slip away.

I hope to see more of the same style the rest of the way but the competition is going to be harder and want to only gets you so far when team's more talented want it too.

Damn you Jordie Benn and your awesome penalty shot you're going to keep KC out of the lineup and way to go Whitney for adding that goal and making your stats look better. Up that trade value.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Don't forget Goose's two apples and decent play.

Other GMs take note: these players DO have some value.. Take them please

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Seguin and Benn looked really, reallllllyyy good last night. If they bring that compete to every game then we're in decent shape next season. Seguin had a few really good no-look passes, tons of shots, and a great two-way game.

Benn picked up his physicality and made some smarter plays gaining the zone.

Did anybody else notice a couple of the new neutral zone breakouts? They actually looked really great, and had the team entering with speed.

starshockeyfan56

Aug 2, 2005
The Xcalibur

Yep, when a team is playing bad they aren't fun to watch. Where did I say this game changed the fate of this season? Where did I say that they've been playing entertaining hockey this month? I don't understand what your post has to do with mine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad