jaOQDak.gif

tumblr_inline_mzpxbkdxgx1rynlhg.gif

tumblr_inline_mz2dodwlCU1rwjrx3.gif

tumblr_inline_mylp6mh4p31r5hxbq.gif

tumblr_mxt3dgcFcd1rhbiflo1_500.gif

Get drunk. It's the only thing that will save us.​

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I started fast forwarding last nights game after Eakin scored ... just had a bad feeling. IDK that I want to watch tonight. I may just wait for the Leafs game.

Watching tonight feels a bit like rubbernecking a bad accident.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I started fast forwarding last nights game after Eakin scored ... just had a bad feeling. IDK that I want to watch tonight. I may just wait for the Leafs game.

Watching tonight feels a bit like rubbernecking a bad accident.

The Leafs who suddenly can't lose? Well if you don't watch the next two, then you'll get to see the mighty Pens destroy us.

The next three will be a disaster the way things are going. Heck even after that, the next two will be against the Avs and Devils...who have dominated us most the time in our games with them.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
What's the story with your team?

From the limited amount of games I've watched it seems like theres a major lack of chemistry in front and in back. Benn and Seguin showed the whole league what they were capable of early on and seemed like they'd be a force to be reckoned with. Since then, production has waned. What can you attribute this to and what do the Dallas fans want to see?

Horsehead

Dec 30, 2013
Lake Ray Hubbard
The horse will be ere...section 318 row d.
Only because of the mystery puck tickets...who would have known the team has self destructed like this when I ordered them.

Oh well. Should be interesting...keep your head up Jamie.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What's the story with your team?

From the limited amount of games I've watched it seems like theres a major lack of chemistry in front and in back. Benn and Seguin showed the whole league what they were capable of early on and seemed like they'd be a force to be reckoned with. Since then, production has waned. What can you attribute this to and what do the Dallas fans want to see?
To steal another fan's theory, the Stars lost both Robidas and Daley for an extended period both within the same week. They called up some kids and were playing with the equivalent of an AHL defense. The team had been up and down around .500 at that point, hovering around 10th in the west. After those injuries, it seems like the team got better. Initially, there was belief that it was because the kids thrown into the lineup were better, but that was a mirage.

Really, it looks like the injuries gave the team something to rally around. They lost two of their top four d-men and knew they all had to pick up their games and attention to detail to make up for those losses. Not that Robidas and Daley are all that good, but they were long-term Stars and probably the most trustworthy veteran d-men. Well, the team played hard, backchecked hard, and went on a nice run of picking up some wins and plenty of loser points.

But that extra effort and focus didn't last. Daley came back from injury. A few guys who were probably playing extra hard to get the attention of the Olympic GMs found out their fate. That run of good play petered out because the team was playing over its head, and when the pendulum swung back the other way, the team now finds itself playing even worse than the .500 play going on when Daley and Robidas got hurt.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The Leafs who suddenly can't lose? Well if you don't watch the next two, then you'll get to see the mighty Pens destroy us.

The next three will be a disaster the way things are going. Heck even after that, the next two will be against the Avs and Devils...who have dominated us most the time in our games with them.

Losing to the Leafs and Penuguins doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the season because they're in the East ... it hurts for sure, but it's not a 4 point swing. Losing tonight feels like the nail in the coffin on the season ... that's my point.

The deficit goes to 11 points tonight, and for the reasons you listed in the upcoming schedule, I don't buy they can recover in time for it to matter. So yeah .. some people have been throwing out must wins since 20 games into the season ... but this might actually be the first real one.

11 points back on 8th with games against the Pens, Avs, Ducks, and Sharks between now and the deadline with only 13 games overall before the deadline would almost certainly be insurmountable.

In Dallas' best month, they made up 6 points. Dallas would essentially need an 8-1-1 run to recover. They didn't look like a team that could pull that off in December. They aren't the Ducks or Hawks.

SO yeah ... I'd rather watch a Leafs game then a potential death march tonight. Even on FF last night the game was brutal to watch.

Plus ... I don't blame Ellis for being a poor option tonight, but who in their right mind plays Lehtonen last night? Now out of desperation we play Kari for the 3rd game in 4 nights when he already looked off yesterday OR we get to play the backup in potentially the biggest game of the season. Win and you're 7 back ... and there is the slightest ... slightest chance you can pull with striking distance of the playoffs. Lose and the most optimistic person can't make a believable case Dallas is alive.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
In Dallas' best month, they made up 6 points. Dallas would essentially need an 8-1-1 run to recover. They didn't look like a team that could pull that off in December. They aren't the Ducks or Hawks.
And to make things worse, that 8-1-1 run only puts the team back to 9th or 10th and still four or more points out of the playoffs.

MetalGodAOD*

Losing to the Leafs and Penuguins doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the season because they're in the East ... it hurts for sure, but it's not a 4 point swing. Losing tonight feels like the nail in the coffin on the season ... that's my point.

The deficit goes to 11 points tonight, and for the reasons you listed in the upcoming schedule, I don't buy they can recover in time for it to matter. So yeah .. some people have been throwing out must wins since 20 games into the season ... but this might actually be the first real one.

11 points back on 8th with games against the Pens, Avs, Ducks, and Sharks between now and the deadline with only 13 games overall before the deadline would almost certainly be insurmountable.

SO yeah ... I'd rather watch a Leafs game then a potential death march tonight. Even on FF last night the game was brutal to watch.

Plus ... I don't blame Ellis for being a poor option tonight, but who in their right mind plays Lehtonen last night? Now out of desperation we play Kari for the 3rd game in 4 nights when he already looked off yesterday OR we get to play the backup in potentially the biggest game of the season. Win and you're 7 back ... and there is the slightest ... slightest chance you can pull with striking distance of the playoffs. Lose and the most optimistic person can't make a believable case Dallas is alive.

Yep Yep yep to all the above. Tonight is the absolutely the first must-win of the season. Lose and they're too far out of reach.

Also no doubt they're riding Kari tonight. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I think the fact that they need to ride Kari this early in the season is an indication we're boned anyway.

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
We'll rebound to get within a jock-sniffing distance of the playoffs, only to fall short with no compensation in the draft.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Go Stars!!

I will expect nothing less than a 100% effort for 60 minutes tonight from every player, things have been tough but it is too early to be calling it quits and start feeling sorry for themselves.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Go Stars!!

I will expect nothing less than a 100% effort for 60 minutes tonight from every player, things have been tough but it is too early to be calling it quits and start feeling sorry for themselves.

That's beautiful and all ... and I'm usually right there with you ... but that should have been the case last night.

I find it difficult to give them the benefit of the doubt when last nights game was just as important. If anything, showing up tonight ... while yes great and gives them some hope ... is pretty insulting. The stakes have not been higher than Saturday, Monday, and today. A moral victory and a rather pedestrian effort are pretty damning.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
That's beautiful and all ... and I'm usually right there with you ... but that should have been the case last night.

I find it difficult to give them the benefit of the doubt when last nights game was just as important. If anything, showing up tonight ... while yes great and gives them some hope ... is pretty insulting. The stakes have not been higher than Saturday, Monday, and today. A moral victory and a rather pedestrian effort are pretty damning.

Yeah I understand your feeling, watching last night's effort was very disheartening.

If nothing else, I hope they show that they do have pride and are embarrassed of
their play recently. If they can't get motivated to go all out tonight then I'm afraid there is a bigger issue than just overall talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad