Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Also, I don't care what Laviolette says, the third period was a huge step back.

The first 40 minutes weren't a work of art, but I didn't feel terribly threatened and we had some looks in transition that just didn't connect.

We came out for the third period in an AV 0-5 and it blew up almost immediately.

Our coach -who has always been good in between periods and in between games, whose team has always followed up bad periods and bad games with improvements- just had a disaster of a second intermission last night.

yeah, it took me like 1:30 to realize they were in the full turtle. the full turtle never f***ing works for anyone. they needed to be playing to make it 2-0. if that game got to 2-0 it was over.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I gotta be honest im a little surprised at some of the reactions in here.

This is a very good team that has proven all season its a resilient club. The comebacks, the unwavering approach to play their game. We saw all year in spades. This isnt one of the Gallant, AV or Quinn teams.

Shit on the leaders and Panarin all you want, they are who they are. They are good enough to win a Cup, but every team faces adversity within a playoff run and every team has nights and losses that make you think they are not.

Carolina is a very good team. This should really be a conf finals matchup, given the regular season results of these two teams. It was never going to be easy.

They are one win from moving on and being one of 4 teams out of 32 to win it all

The thing that pisses me off is when the team beats itself and thats what i saw last night. The players and coaches know that.

They beat themselves in game 4. Yesterday these motherf***ers didn't even bother to show up.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Am I the only one that thinks Carolina is by far our worst matchup?

We owned Florida, I think we would spank Vancouver or Edmonton. Dallas is good but not invincible.
Carolina's weird and hard to assess as a matchup.

We tend to win a lot more than we lose against them but game 7 down there in 2022 is the only bad game they've played against us in a half a decade.

Florida's just a good team, probably should be the favorite, but we've legit played well against them.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
That was one of the most frustrating games I have ever seen. The Rangers beat themselves. They went up 1-0 and took their foot off the gas.

The level of effort, and this isn't a hyperbole, was one of the worst efforts I've ever seen the Rangers give in a post season game. It was disheartening to see how little they cared. You shouldn't be going through the motions, you need the killer instinct to close out this series.

Now Game 6 is in Carolina, where they likely lose, and it will force the Rangers to win a Game 7 at MSG.

Don't be shocked if they become the next team to blow a 3-0 series lead. So disappointing.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm about to be a killer if you guys don't grow up.

Instead of going after passionate fans that work a 9 to 5 and are just looking for an honest effort from a team full of millionaires, maybe get on the team.

That was one of the most frustrating games I have ever seen. The Rangers beat themselves. They went up 1-0 and took their foot off the gas.

The level of effort, and this isn't a hyperbole, was one of the worst efforts I've ever seen the Rangers give in a post season game. It was disheartening to see how little they cared. You shouldn't be going through the motions, you need the killer instinct to close out this series.

Now Game 6 is in Carolina, where they likely lose, and it will force the Rangers to win a Game 7 at MSG.

Don't be shocked if they become the next team to blow a 3-0 series lead. So disappointing.

At this point I will be 100% shocked if they don't. NY Jets level franchise.

Honestly, this was the most disgusting game I have ever seen any of my teams play. I'm usually over it the next day. I'm still f***ing incensed.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010

tumblr_ngjp3av1ZR1txufzyo1_400.gif

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Don't f***ing tell me to grow up. I haven't been bombing the boards with negative comments about players and yelling tofu all the time. Come on bud.

Team is afraid to lose more than they want to win. That is why I say nobody wants to be the killer. They are nervous to blow it, so they are blowing it. They can't keep playing to win 1-0. Not only are they not good enough to do that, other playoff teams are too good to do that to.

For the record, I had the Canes winning this series from the get go, but as usual this team got my hopes up and now are showing me why I shouldn't do that. They get me every time.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Don't f***ing tell me to grow up. I haven't been bombing the boards with negative comments about players and yelling tofu all the time. Come on bud.

Team is afraid to lose more than they want to win. That is why I say nobody wants to be the killer. They are nervous to blow it, so they are blowing it. They can't keep playing to win 1-0. Not only are they not good enough to do that, other playoff teams are too good to do that to.

For the record, I had the Canes winning this series from the get go, but as usual this team got my hopes up and now are showing me why I shouldn't do that. They get me every time.
Not singling you out, I'm just sick of the referendum on the team's mentality with every little bit of adversity.

They had 1 bad game in the playoffs out of 9.

If they lose the series, we have all summer to re-visit changes that should be made.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
And shoot whoever picked out that ridiculous suit he was wearing…
Reminds me of caddy shack “ this is the worst hat I’ve ever seen, you wear this you get a free bowl of soup. Looks good on you though”.
Rodney
Yeah that plaid jacket is bad luck. No more plaid, coach! We have games to win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad