Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
If you insist on playing Jones, which I agree with, there's zero reason to keep us down a forward. Just scratch Gus. He's been less than useless anyway.

Fox isn't right, but in no way am I scratching him. And it's been pretty clear on the PP over the last two games. He's not moving well along blue line and Carolina's pressure on him is mucking things up. I think putting Gustafsson on PP1 could work. It did when Fox was out injured. Trouba isn't getting scratched for reasons (captaincy).

And you're basically down a forward anyway with the lack of TOI for Rempe.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
No effort=No rings.

Cant expect to get outworked and win this time of year.
Top guys have disappeared. Got to print out some missing photos for the neighborhood.
That is why we need to have some backup scoring in our bottom 6. I tried mentioning that previously but some people did not want to hear it.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
And not that it really matters but I don’t agree with putting this even mostly on the coaching staff.

Agreed that the 3rd period game plan wasn’t the best. But this team struggled the do basic things like…handle the puck and execute 8ft passes all night, starting from the opening puck drop. It was by far the least physical game they played this postseason. The gave up a ton of odd man rushes right in the first period. The 3rd line was uncharacteristically turning the puck over and unable to establish a forecheck. They just didn’t have it up and down the roster.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Honestly, I'm ready for a reverse sweep. They're getting swept by Florida anyway. Just let me enjoy by spring earlier. This team isn't even close to a contender.

Reactions: CasusBelli

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I see Kakko being dealt this off season. He does some good things but is just allergic to scoring.
Same… someone will try to give him heavier minutes elsewhere with more responsibility. How good that team will ultimately be?? I don’t know. He does all the little things well but he’s turning into Wennberg version at wing…
Any shot he takes is usually too far out to be dangerous. He has hands in tight, but his feet aren’t good enough to get him into those areas atm…..
He just doesn’t have that laf/zergas/hughes swagger on offense and I don’t know if he ever will.
He should still put up a good nhl career though even if this is the max of his offensive potential.
Maybe chytil comes back to the middle and they regain some offensive chemistry.
Unlike laf who drives play, Kakko fits into that complementary type player on a line. Not a bad thing, he just needs other guys to drive the play. He can still benefit from it, but Cuylle is. Rookie and Wennberg just isn’t that type of player.
IMO Cuylle has more offensive potential then Kakko and has past him in that department.
More mean, though both play a man’s game.
Cuylle has a better shot and goes to the dirty areas more

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Because Mika and Ck turn invisible when kk is on their line.
Mika and Krieder normally are always invisible 5 on 5. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by their 5 on 5 this playoffs but that has nothing to do with Rosv on that line (though that was a sweet pass in game 1 by him to Mika)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
IMO the coaches emphasized defense too much and it paralyzed their game

We looked like a Gallant team just trying to survive.

Reactions: CasusBelli

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
Me right now

giphy.gif

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I used to say "don't complain, just get the job done." f*** that, I'm going to complain. Understanding that the universe is random and sometimes conspires against you is part of being zen.

Florida looks good, yes, but they're playing garbage ass Boston and before that they played garbage ass Tampa.

We shouldn't even be in this series. We had the best record in the league and we're playing the team with the second-best record in the league.

Meanwhile, the 3-seed in the East gets two byes. The f*** is the point of winning games?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't get this team. It's like whenever they start dominating, it almost becomes too boring for them and they take the foot off the pedal.

Look who the captain is, look who the coach is, and look at the rest of the mentally weak mediocre players. This roster should be an 8 seed, not a Presidents' trophy. The captain is dumber than Ron Gronkowski, and the coach has been fired 250 times.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't get this team. It's like whenever they start dominating, it almost becomes too boring for them and they take the foot off the pedal.
They were never dominating. We were a couple of bounces from losing the series 4-1 last night.

The history of 3-0 series is massively inflated by series that were never close and were never going to be close.

This is not that.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I gotta be honest im a little surprised at some of the reactions in here.

This is a very good team that has proven all season its a resilient club. The comebacks, the unwavering approach to play their game. We saw it all year in spades. This isnt one of the Gallant, AV or Quinn teams.

Shit on the leaders and Panarin all you want, they are who they are. They are good enough to win a Cup, but every team faces adversity within a playoff run and every team has nights and losses that make you think they are not.

Carolina is a very good team. This should really be a conf final matchup, given the regular season results of these two teams. It was never going to be easy.

They are one win from moving on and being one of 4 teams out of 32 to win it all

The thing that pisses me off is when the team beats itself and thats what i saw last night. The players and coaches know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad