Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
And I'm sorry Igor is not Hank. He will give up at least a goal. A wall in the first two periods, a sieve in the third. He's not a big game player.
Which is why I wanted Quick in for games 3 or 4. Igor needed a “mental rest.”

I’m frightened for how much the Canes crowd will get to him in game 6. (Hopefully lots of blue in the stands.)

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Which is why I wanted Quick in for games 3 or 4. Igor needed a “mental rest.”

I’m frightened for how much the Canes crowd will get to him in game 6. (Hopefully lots of blue in the stands.)

The problem is at this point in their careers Igor is the better goalie when he's on. This isn't Freddie Anderson. As much as I'm disappointed in his inconsistent performance today and mediocre performance in game 4, I don't know if Quick is the answer.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Well, this isn't fun anymore.

Here's hoping that if nothing else, the spectre of being a laughing stock of being reverse swept is enough to put them over the line.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Well, this isn't fun anymore.

Here's hoping that if nothing else, the spectre of being a laughing stock of being reverse swept is enough to put them over the line.

I don't think anyone on this team gives a f***. I think Rangers fans are the ones that care about it. They'll be on the first flight to Mexico with their model girlfriends the day after they're eliminated.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
I don't think anyone on this team gives a f***. I think Rangers fans are the ones that care about it. They'll be on the first flight to Mexico with their model girlfriends the day after they're eliminated.
Has there ever been an NHL player provably known as such? I’ve thought Mika might be that guy, Kreider a bit as well.

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Trying to stay positive but this reeks of the Devils series. Looking worse and worse in almost every facet each game, other than game 4's 2nd and 3rd periods. Rangers in 6 please.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Trying to stay positive but this reeks of the Devils series. Looking worse and worse in almost every facet each game, other than game 4's 2nd and 3rd periods. Rangers in 6 please.

Except against the Devils they actually showed up in one game. This is more Tampa.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
And what are the Rangers? Since 1967 (trying to use the modern era and mitigate the effects of Montreal getting the best players in O6 days) we have as many championships as the Jets. This is a BAD losing franchise. I only watch them because my parents and I are immigrants and most immigrants move to New York, not Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The Rangers have also been to 4 ECFs including a SCF in the last 12 years and are 1 win away from another. Stop making it seem like they are Buffalo Sabres or Ottawa Sens.

Jagr676

Apr 22, 2023
Not just tonight, been getting worse and worse every game. Some calls and non calls in so of the other games is also abysmal. Going down hill every year
With all that said, refs are not the reason we lost this game last night. Coach has some work to do with these guys and I’m wondering if that involves Quick and Chytil to shake things up.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
For now it's still silly to think they won't win the series but man... The three wins were close so don't let them get any momentum the other way, well that train has left the station. They found another gear, now the Rangers have to.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Carolina has outplayed the Rangers in every game this series. It was a miracle the Rangers somehow led 3 games to none; the only reason for that was Shesterkin (I said this earlier this series and was laughed at and mocked LOL). They played last night like they were trying to win 1-0. That does not work anymore. The Hurricanes have made adjustments, the NYR haven't (if they have, they haven't worked)

When/if the Rangers lose this series, everyone should be fired/traded (yes, I know about the NMC/NTCs). They won the President's Trophy, but they aren't that good. Slow/soft and in need of more skill/give a rat's ass.

Last edited:

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
This is the problem. Why? Why are they preordained to win it all this season? Carolina had the same record as us. Florida is probably better then us. Colorado and Dallas are tremendous. Why are we supposed to win?
If you are asking this question. you must be new or you don't deserve to be a Rangers fan.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_0151.gif

Ban me. I don’t care. It be truth.

(Please don’t ban me)

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
They still have probably a 75% chance to win this series just by virtue of leading 3-2, but this Rangers team is completely average 5v5.

Regular Season
50.11 CF%
50.59 SF%
50.15 GF%
49.04 xGF%

Playoffs
2.22 GF/60
2.22 GA/60

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad