Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
1 goal from the top 6 in the last two games, and it was Laf banking it in from beneath the goal line.

Those are the six that are going to make or break, up to them.
Should've switched things up.. coaching staff has been just as bad as the team since up 3-0 . No changes and no timeout.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
The way they handled the puck this game. I've seen better hands on a clock.

there were so many chances where we could have handled the puck and transitioned to offense with speed and mishandled it. The few times we did handle it we just dumped it to the neutral zone instead of trying to make a play

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
IMG_8688.gif

Everyone happy they can justify their pessimism now? First truly bad loss of the playoffs against a genuinely good team playing for their lives. Yes, mildly concerning, but there isn’t a team remaining who hadn’t already had this game in these playoffs and we seem to be one of the only fan bases around that thinks 7-2 or a single set of back to back losses in the post season is the end of the road. Not a lot Stanley cup champs who didn’t have some type of challenge or adversity along the way.

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
We’re at the point where the Gus-Trouba pairing needs to be broken up. 13% xGF tonight. Another absolutely pitiful showing.

You either need to replace one of them with Jones, or split them and pair them back the way they used to be and hope their counterparts carry them. You can’t go back to Carolina and let them get last change advantage against that pairing again. Its a disgrace.
Can we isolate which of the two is playing worse? To me Trouba is just struggling all over the ice with his foot speed, he’s just late to everything. They won’t pull Trouba though, they don’t have the minerals.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Team had zero battle today. You may lose. But to lose like a whimpering turd is unacceptable. No hits, no mucking it up, no scrums all game... Just really heartless hockey. Sucks
Need fresh new players to come in but it won't happen.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
These are the NY Jets NHL version. A losing franchise having an historic collapse would be very on brand. As far as the game is concerned. I'm so glad they kept saying "defend" on the bench. It looked like they didn't even want to score a second goal. And I'm sorry Igor is not Hank. Filly doesn't do rebounds, Shesty doesn't do shutouts. You need to score at least 2 to win literally every game. He will give up at least a goal. A wall in the first two periods, a sieve in the third. I don't even think the goals were bad other than the brutal rebound on the second goal, but yeah. He's not a big game player.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
These are the NY Jets NHL version. A losing franchise having an historic collapse would be very on brand. As far as the game is concerned. I'm so glad they kept saying "defend" on the bench. It looked like they didn't even want to score a second goal. And I'm sorry Igor is not Hank. Filly doesn't do rebounds, Shesty doesn't do shutouts. You need to score at least 2 to win literally every game. He will give up at least a goal. A wall in the first two periods, a sieve in the third. I don't even think the goals were bad other than the brutal rebound on the second goal, but yeah. He's not a big game player.
You shat on hank for 15 years. LOL

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I think one thing you see when teams decide they’re content with just holding onto the lead is that when it inevitably fails they can’t get back into a groove offensively.

1 goal isn’t enough. They needed to keep moving the puck up the ice and generating offense. After Staal scored they just had no mojo.

They had no mojo before Staal scored. Watch Staal's goal again and watch several Rangers skate cute little circles existing in their own little pretty worlds as he walks straight in to score...

And what's so aggravating is it's the same guys who DID THE SAME THING LAST POSTSEASON doing it. Like, where's the balls, where's the fight, where's the winner instinct?

Mistakes happen but this was deeper than missed assignments. This was several players who checked out on their shift, who stopped playing NHL hockey.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
This team doesn't know to play without their backs against the wall and it's f***ing annoying. Carolina isn't doing anything special, they're simply showing up with their season on the line. When your best scoring chances are shorthanded, it's no where near good enough. Kick their ass on Thursday.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Can't say I'm particularly happy with the comments from the players. It's the same shit they were on with Gallant, until it was over, and they realized they want an actual coach. Hope they get some good rest tonight, cause practice tomorrow should be hell.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
As aggravating as this game was, everyone will forget it if they win one of the next two and move on to the third round. this wasn't going to be easy, I mean the Rangers needed two overtime wins against Carolina to even get to this point. Every game but this one has been decided by one goal. the top forwards were MIA tonight and they're going to have to play better. Sucks that the Rangers don't have much scoring depth, but the roster is what it is at this point. Bread, Kreider, trocheck, Mika. have to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad