Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Finally gave rempe a shift at the end of the game. Could've played him instead of a few other players in the third

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
This run from Trouba reminds me of 2014 Brad Richards. Just looks absolutely done in NY. Seemingly regressing as the playoffs go along. I'm sure he will go to Dallas and win a Cup next year.

He's still a good PKer. But 7D with Jones getting more 5 on 5 time seems like an actual option right now.
Was never a fan of the trade, but he’s clearly still hurt. I mean he can barely skate out there, it’s bad.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
If these guys don't come out next game playing like their lives depend on it, then the series is done. A chance to move on to the ECF with a win at home and it looked like they didn't even care. They should be embarrassed. I hope Laviolette is the type that will let them know how shit they looked.
Lavi should have stripped the paint off the walls of the locker room after that lackluster first period.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
We’re at the point where the Gus-Trouba pairing needs to be broken up. 13% xGF tonight. Another absolutely pitiful showing.

You either need to replace one of them with Jones, or split them and pair them back the way they used to be and hope their counterparts carry them. You can’t go back to Carolina and let them get last change advantage against that pairing again. Its a disgrace.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think one thing you see when teams decide they’re content with just holding onto the lead is that when it inevitably fails they can’t get back into a groove offensively.

1 goal isn’t enough. They needed to keep moving the puck up the ice and generating offense. After Staal scored they just had no mojo.
sorry but what groove? Besides the little deflection in tight did they have any real chances before the Trouba goal? OK maybe the shot by Miller that went way wide off the rush?

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I don't wanna go at the guy, cause he's one of like 3 guys that showed up to work today, but Cuylle is killing me. Guy went from "doesn't have high end skill, but could be a solid 20-20 guy" to complete brick hands in the playoffs.
Will is way down on the list of players to crap on tonight. He was one of the few players skating hard all game.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY

That last part is the problem. “Find a way to win”. This team is just looking to scrape by and get themselves out of this series. The mentality needs to be about dominating your opponent. Not just hoping you can steal one more.

You hoped 1 random short handed goal would carry the night tonight. Everyone watching knew it wouldn’t.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Bread was pathetic on the Kuz goal, but he absolutely draws a penalty here for like 5 seconds straight in front of the ref.

I think everyone is overlooking the egregious game management tonight from the refs.

Carolina was going to get away with everything short of murder.

The Rangers were going to get called for anything close.

I have no doubt that led to the playing soft.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We’re at the point where the Gus-Trouba pairing needs to be broken up. 13% xGF tonight. Another absolutely pitiful showing.

You either need to replace one of them with Jones, or split them and pair them back the way they used to be and hope their counterparts carry them. You can’t go back to Carolina and let them get last change advantage against that pairing again. Its a disgrace.
coach isn't gonna do it just like he won't limit Trouba's ice or take him off pp2. Joke.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
That last part is the problem. “Find a way to win”. This team is just looking to scrape by and get themselves out of this series. The mentality needs to be about dominating your opponent. Not just hoping you can steal one more.
The Stanley Cup is far and away the hardest trophy to win in sports. There's a lot of scraping by and a fair amount of luck. The days of dynasties are long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad