Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
I really doubt at this point that I will ever see the Rangers win a stanley cup in my lifetime. If they dont do it this year I am not gonna care anymore. Seriously. What a waste of f***ing time every year. These millionaires boys club have it better than any players in the entire league and they do not hustle or work the way a team from NY should. Get buy on skill and the PP. They are essentially the Maple Leafs with a good goalie. I am so disgusted right now. And win or lose I do not want to see Mika Zibanejad on this team again after this year.
This is the problem. Why? Why are they preordained to win it all this season? Carolina had the same record as us. Florida is probably better then us. Colorado and Dallas are tremendous. Why are we supposed to win?

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
If these guys don't come out next game playing like their lives depend on it, then the series is done. A chance to move on to the ECF with a win at home and it looked like they didn't even care. They should be embarrassed. I hope Laviolette is the type that will let them know how shit they looked.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
The one game I go to and this is what I see. What an implosion.

This was Gerard Gallant’s rangers. Not Lavi’s
Lavi didn't have his best night. Having them sitting back after the Tuba goal & then to start the 3rd after a huge kill is terrible coaching. We played scared from the opening puck drop. Need a killer instinct to win 4 against a good team, can't be passive for 60 minutes & expect to walk away with a W.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They didn't show up all night not just in the third. When Roslovic is your "best" player you are in trouble.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Not that I expect many opportunities in game 6, but the PP needs to figure something out. Carolina does, in fact, have an outstanding PK. But, their aggression leaves them open on faceoff plays like game 1. Get the puck on net, make Andersen freeze it, make your cutsey little set play off the faceoff.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I think one thing you see when teams decide they’re content with just holding onto the lead is that when it inevitably fails they can’t get back into a groove offensively.

1 goal isn’t enough. They needed to keep moving the puck up the ice and generating offense. After Staal scored they just had no mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad