Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Straight up garbage. I won't even be happy winning this in 7 lol. They did not look like a playoff team tonight. Does every player on Carolina just have more heart and hustle? Like what the f*** is going on?

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I really haven’t been angry with this team for months but tonight I was furious.

And the coaching staff is part of it, because we heard Emily talk about Muse and the staff wanted them to focus on defending.

Maybe the players took that a little too literally. There was zero attempt to get the second goal before it became a two goal lead for Carolina and by then it was too late, because they were playing that safe game the whole way.

We’ll see how much better this coaching staff is, specifically Lavs for game 6. I want to see a hungry team that plays the most solid 60 minutes of the season on Thursday.

They win this and it’s a lesson to carry onward. USE IT
Even at the beginning of the third, when it was still 1-0, I thought we looked dangerous coming the other way.

The Staal goal just totally deflated them and it's uncharacteristic.

Maybe they did overdo it. It's like fart came out of the whoopie cushion once they weren't getting the shutout.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
They lost the war of battles. Man against man. I dont know if CAR is in their heads, but this team should be dictating the pace not reacting and reaching while flat footed all night.

Might be time to mix up some lines.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly and bl02

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Fine no rebuild but if you don’t want to trade the shit out of Trouba and then set another example ala Zibanejad/Panarin on top of that you’re out of your mind

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Team has proved me wrong all year. Everytime i figured they would lose ir implode they found a way to win. This game was all sorts of bad but for one more game i giving them the benefit of the doubt.
I'm usually guilty of the same. Every year I think they'll narrowly squeeze into the playoffs. That's just me overestimating the quality of other teams. But, in this case, the gap is pretty clear and pretty wide. Hoping they prove me wrong. I want more flamingos.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
Somebody tried to warn everyone how hard this would be. Who could that have been?

They still have two games and need to win one. Nobody will care how if we win the series.

In the midst of getting laughed off the ice by the Devils last year, we beat them 5-1 in game 6.

After the worst performance in Rangers playoff history in game 4 against the Penguins, we won three straight.

That shows you what f***ing momentum means.

Against TB and NJ, they had fluke leads and WAAAAY better teams. That comparison needs to go away.
TB maybe. I don't buy that for NJD. I see it as an absolute mental collapse, and unable to adjust to an opponent.

But then again, I could be completely wrong. And could be my frustration from a crappy loss like tonight talking.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Roslovic doing that drive-by still has me infuriated. I knew as soon as he did it, that it was about to lead to a goal. It was the worst play you could make there.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I've held back from commenting much this series, but you're not going to beat Carolina with how poor the overall puck support was tonight. Their best stretches across the first 4 games all had two players above the puck and didn't let Carolina get anything going through the NZ.

They need to get back to it if they want any chance on closing it out. Throw whatever lackadaisical effort that was tonight in the garbage, regroup, and be ready for Thursday. You want to control the narrative about the team? Show up and finish the Canes at home. It's that simple.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
TB maybe. I don't buy that for NJD. I see it as an absolute mental collapse, and unable to adjust to an opponent.

But then again, I could be completely wrong. And could be my frustration from a crappy loss like tonight talking.
It is.

This is a different season.

In 2022-23, NJ was a much better team than we were.

The second half version of this team last year wasn't a playoff team. There's a reason Gallant got fired.

Reactions: qwertyaas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad