Pre-Game Talk: Game 5: You mean you're allowed to try and end a series on home ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
For all our *****ing.

Hell for all my *****ing.

Just watching Chicago go down 3-1 makes me appreciate our team no matter the frustrating flaws. I am look at you Disco Dan. But for tonight, I am just glad we are in this position. It could be a lot worse.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I think Alfredsson was just trying to fire up his guys. He was calling them out and challenging them to prove him wrong. Anger is more useful than despair.

I expect this to be the toughest game yet.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
For all our *****ing.

Just watching Chicago go down 3-1 makes me appreciate our team no matter the frustrating flaws. I am look at you Disco Dan. But for tonight, I am just glad we are in this position. It could be a lot worse.
Truth. People make too much out of fans coming here to debate, second guess, and vent. As if there is another, more noble, purpose for sports message boards.

Then again, we have been in Chicago's position a few times recently. :p:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
No chance the Pens win this game. Hope they can pull it out in game 7.

Crosby will take a penalty in the first minute...they will score. And then Anderson will shut us down for rest of game. It's been a good year. Nothing to hang your head about. Bylsma will do better next year I guarantee it.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm gonna say the key is score 4 or more goals because we never fare well in the low scoring ones.

So uh keep doing what we've been doing I guess.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm gonna say the key is score 4 or more goals because we never fare well in the low scoring ones.

So uh keep doing what we've been doing I guess.

I think that if we can manage to score one more goal than they can we might have a good shot at this one.

Lim Ran

Apr 11, 2009
Toronto
For all our *****ing.

At no point was I genuinely concerned with losing this series. I haven't once seen anything from the Senators that said they pose a real threat to win four games.

Chicago is playing Detroit. Yes, no Lidstrom. But still.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I was wondering when you'd grace us with your optimism. :laugh:

You call it optimism. I call it a dose of cold, hard reality. It hits you in the face like that animated water stuff on those bad razor commercials. Boom. Wet.

We most definately are the underdogs.

We have to tilt our necks up all the way to look UP at underdogs we're so low.

Crosby will take a penalty in the first minute...they will score. And then Anderson will shut us down for rest of game. It's been a good year. Nothing to hang your head about. Bylsma will do better next year I guarantee it.

I agree. It's all a learning experience. Yes, it sucks to give up the tying SHG with 30 seconds left. It sucks to blow a 3-1 series lead. It sucks go in and ask for a trim and come out with a perm and a mullet.

The key is to not let yourself be defined by the suck. Make like Captain Intangibles and make sure the media blames the refs and your teammates.

We're lucky to even have won a game against the mighty Sens. :sarcasm:

7:30 start I'm guessing.

I don't get what your game is, dude. Pens are lucky to even be here. They are 1 non-bandwagon fan away from being the Kansas City Barbeque Stains.

meechimindoh

Dec 13, 2009
In case Pens close out today and Boston tomorrow, will ECF start be postponed until WCF pairing is set? I am expecting Hawks and Sharks to win next game.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
In case Pens close out today and Boston tomorrow, will ECF start be postponed until WCF pairing is set? I am expecting Hawks and Sharks to win next game.

Yeah round has to be completely over. Pens/bruins would be the first game played though.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Anderson-santa_zps61ce8d9c.gif

136939992744334_zps6ddea860.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Elimination game at home? :laugh: It will be interesting to see the level of compete the Pens come out with. I really don't have a feeling either way just yet. I don't feel like it's going to be over tomorrow.

Well, given how your feeling on Wednesday played out, that will do. ;)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Well duh. They don't hand the cup out after the conference semifinals. ;)

Just a reminder: You watch this game live and the Pens lose, then I will find you Marko, and I will kill you.

That goes for that schizoid over-caffeinated psychotic reverse psychologist IcedCapp too.

EDIT: Question for any lawyers here . . . if the Pens win a playoff game due in great part to two posters here NOT watching live and they then watch the next game live and the Pens lose, would that fall under the justifiable homicide defense?

No chance the Pens win this game. Hope they can pull it out in game 7.

Not if you and MrCarbonFootprint watch live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad