Post-Game Talk: Game 5: What's up Columbus, Hey Brandon, You Saad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Fact.

Goals from the blue can't go in. Crow has been meh this year so far. Darling was better in his game. I am not saying Darling should be the starter but I would give him the game tomorrow.

Crawford is .980 through 5 games 5v5.

The 'your goalie has to be your best penalty killer' is a nonsense old-timey colloquialism, league average 4v5 SV% is 890 or so. Crawford's SV% will regress back towards his career average 4v5 SV%, but the PK needs to stop bleeding shots and scoring chances.

Dominic Hasek couldnt keep this PK above water.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Crawford is .980 through 5 games 5v5.

The 'your goalie has to be your best penalty killer' is a nonsense old-timey colloquialism, league average 4v5 SV% is 890 or so. Crawford's SV% will regress back towards his career average 4v5 SV%, but the PK needs to stop bleeding shots and scoring chances.

Dominic Hasek couldnt keep this PK above water.

Jesus could you be more house league?

I am talking about our goalies on the PK.

Your goalie has to be on top of his game when on the PK. Crow has let in 4-5 goals from the blue line. This is not good. You instantly go to the "old time hockey" line when you don't understand how things work. For a PK to be good your goalie has to be good. Crow has not been good on the PK so our PK is ****. It is not all his fault but he deserves a lot of the blame.

Do you think Crow has been good on the PK? Simple question. Actually look where the goals are scored from.

You also bring up the league average, guess what Crow is not an average goalie. He is a top 10 goalie and needs to play like it at all times during a game.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
no idea why stan/Q still have Hinostroza up.

send him to the rock, recall MacNiel and ice this roster.

Schmaltz-Toews-Panik
Motte-Rasmussen-Kane
Panarin-AA-Hossa
MacNiel-Kruger-Hartman

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Forsling
Campbell-Kempney

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I am scoffing at it, this is ridiculous. Effort and execution get it done, Hammer you are telling me its because you guys are mentally fragile? Nope, that is not just it. If you give up a few fine, but 11 in 5 games is more then a mental issue.

LMAO...yeah. That quote is bogus.

But if he does somehow ACTUALLY feel that way? Then we are totally boned. It's bad enough being fundamentally inept. It's even worse if you are lacking "confidence".

This team is screwed.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Jesus could you be more house league?

I am talking about our goalies on the PK.

Your goalie has to be on top of his game when on the PK. Crow has let in 4-5 goals from the blue line. This is not good. You instantly go to the "old time hockey" line when you don't understand how things work. For a PK to be good your goalie has to be good. Crow has not been good on the PK so our PK is ****. It is not all his fault but he deserves a lot of the blame.

Do you think Crow has been good on the PK? Simple question. Actually look where the goals are scored from.

Crawford hasnt been good enough to cover up the Blackhawks systemic issues as he has in the past, no.

Crawford hasnt been the problem on the PK. Neither goalie has.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
no idea why stan/Q still have Hinostroza up.

send him to the rock, recall MacNiel and ice this roster.

Schmaltz-Toews-Panik
Motte-Rasmussen-Kane
Panarin-AA-Hossa
MacNiel-Kruger-Hartman

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Forsling
Campbell-Kempney

Those lines are ****ing terrible.

Lineup is fine but jesus those lines.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
4-5 goals from the blue line is a major problem.

You can't answer a simple question.

Uncontested shots from the point with uncontested traffic in front are a problem for any goalie, you are correct.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
NHL goalies should stop most of those shots. Sorry but you are wrong here.

Top PKs best PKer is typically the goalie.

Top PKs year over year are the PKs that allow the fewest SOG.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
How good could panik be? 50 point winger?

Depends how long his PDO holds up. He's a pretty good player, his sh% is just ridiculous right now.

If he stays lucky, very possible. If not, probably a 30-40 point guy.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Yes lets throw a fact out the window because it kills your argument.

I loved Frolik but he was not the driver of our PK. It was the aggressive forward unit as a whole. Frolik earned a payday that we could not afford.

I threw it out the window because I was 100% right.

In the first 47 games of the season, I just picked a point near the middle of the season, the Hawks were at 88.4% which was NUMBER ONE in the league.

In the last 36 games (I overlapped a game...my bad) they were at 76% ****ing percent. I will repeat that again just to make sure you are paying attention this time. SEVENTY SIX PERCENT. That was good for 23rd in the league over that stretch.

So no, the team was not good on the PK for the SEASON that year. It was two completely different halves, just as I proclaimed.

The only year this team played great from start to finish on a PK was 2012-2013. It's not even debatable. I can bring up the same ****ing splits from 09-10 but it's not worth my time. I already know what they look like.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Top PKs year over year are the PKs that allow the fewest SOG.

Yep...I would even think shots in general (I think shot suppression..ie not letting them get shots off...is better than shot blocks as a long term strategy) is a more important stat.

I wonder if you can find stats on shot origins on the PK. I'd have to think we lead the league in shots allowed from the point and if we don't its only because a team like LA or Philly or something has been on the PK a bajillion more times than us.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I threw it out the window because I was 100% right.

In the first 47 games of the season, I just picked a point near the middle of the season, the Hawks were at 88.4% which was NUMBER ONE in the league.

In the last 36 games (I overlapped a game...my bad) they were at 76% ****ing percent. I will repeat that again just to make sure you are paying attention this time. SEVENTY SIX PERCENT. That was good for 23rd in the league over that stretch.

So no, the team was not good on the PK for the SEASON that year. It was two completely different halves, just as I proclaimed.

The only year this team played great from start to finish on a PK was 2012-2013. It's not even debatable. I can bring up the same ****ing splits from 09-10 but it's not worth my time. I already know what they look like.

Ah yes so because you can split it does not make what I said incorrect. We were a top 10 PK in the league that year. We were middle of the pack during the playoffs.

Top 10 for the SEASON is good. You can split it but things are based on the year.

The drop off was caused by adjustments to Kitch's system and him not reacting.

FYI during his time in Calgary Frolik is part of the 29th ranked PK. He was good but not the baby jesus you think he was going rogue during his time with the Hawks.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
No sense in arguing who is most to blame for the PK, it has been a collection of suck all the way around. The coaches, skaters and goalies have all been poor.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No sense in arguing who is most to blame for the PK, it has been a collection of suck all the way around. The coaches, skaters and goalies have all been poor.

It is 100% the system.

The team has the speed to be aggressive but Kitch won't change.

We 100% need to pressure the points and let our D (who can skate worry about the low passing lanes).

Kitch is literally wasting a strength of our team with this passive ****.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Those lines are ****ing terrible.

Lineup is fine but jesus those lines.

why because the scoring may be spread out amongst more than 1.5 or two lines?

rasmusson could very well be able to do what AA does for kane presently....

and panarin -AA-hossa has already proven to work and would likely be the top 3rd line in the nHL

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
why because the scoring may be spread out amongst more than 1.5 or two lines?

rasmusson could very well be able to do what AA does for kane presently....

and panarin -AA-hossa has already proven to work and would likely be the top 3rd line in the nHL

Moose has no where near the talent of AA and he is not good enough to play with Kane.

The scoring is killed across your lines not spread.

Ideally we would run this.

38-19-14
88-15-72
64-8-81
41/11/67-16-70

I would like to see Stan trade for a top 9 wing with speed.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Moose has no where near the talent of AA and he is not good enough to play with Kane.

38-19-14
88-15-72
64-8-81
41/11/67-16-70

really? I don't know it has not been tried how do you know?

I thought Stan should have singed Stempniak in the offseason, he would have been a great addition...

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Hah, Hammer is just parroting what the dufus Quenneville said post-game. A reporter asked the fraud as gently as possible, "[About the PK.] Was it techniques? Execution?" The fraud said it was not clearing the puck (duh, you got to pressure the puck carrier in order to clear the puck, which they've been nowhere near), staying out of the penalty box, and [a lack of] confidence. ****ing unbelievable. :rant: :shakehead

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

38-19-14
88-15-72
64-8-81
41/11/67-16-70

Not criticizing, just curious. Why do you think Hartman is the better fit here than Motte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad