Trois-Rivières Lions Game 5 vs. Reading Royals (7PM ET on TVA Sports)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Reading Royals are the ECHL affiliate of the Flyers (NHL) & Phantoms (AHL)

News:
- Desrosiers was called up to Manitoba. Anthony Pagliarulo will be Poulin's back up.

- D'Aoust was called up to Belleville.

- St-Amant has left the team indefinitely for personal reasons.

- 3R signed Pierrick Dubé.

- 3R also signed Jean-François David (who will probably be more a player/coach).​

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
FDdnbHiX0AI6JmL

Looks like St-Amant is playing. So I guess the report of him leaving indefinitely for personal reasons was off.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Habs are last in their division,Rocket are second to last in their division and The TR Lions are last in their division….

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Habs are last in their division,Rocket are second to last in their division and The TR Lions are last in their division….
But but.... the Rocket were so great last year! Poehling was breaking out and Primeau is the next Price!
I frickin told everyone not to judge them based on last season. Thats what you get for just looking at stats. Now that they have more competition, we're seeing what we really have.

Reactions: Nevins

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

lol, Laval has 4 wins the 1st place team has 5 wins, why not give it a little time, new coach and all.

But but.... the Rocket were so great last year! Poehling was breaking out and Primeau is the next Price!
I frickin told everyone not to judge them based on last season. Thats what you get for just looking at stats. Now that they have more competition, we're seeing what we really have.

Well the Rocket were great last year, Poehling has been fine, I don't think anyone see Primeau as the next Price though.

Instead of trying to pat yourself on the back, I'd suggest giving it a little more time. They got some bad goaltending last game and Primeau wasn't his usual self on Friday, before that they were one of the top teams in the league. The blueline is weak as they lack a PMD and no depth but getting Norlinder for 3 games will help a lot imo.

When you have a new coach and lots of new players, why not give it till after Christmas and see where they are at before trying to claim how you were right instead of 8 games into the new season.

Reactions: Gyfu and Archijerej

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

how's Hillis a bust?

Geez, Arsen's even benched in the ECHL! Brutal.

Hillis is already in his 2nd year & hasn't exactly impressed. I had hopes he would be an AHL contributor this season. Can't see him getting a QO at the rate he's going.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Poehling is still above a ppg in the AHL, and Primeau has been fine. Kids aren't the issue. They need more from rest of the team.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
lol, Laval has 4 wins the 1st place team has 5 wins, why not give it a little time, new coach and all.

Well the Rocket were great last year, Poehling has been fine, I don't think anyone see Primeau as the next Price though.

Instead of trying to pat yourself on the back, I'd suggest giving it a little more time. They got some bad goaltending last game and Primeau wasn't his usual self on Friday, before that they were one of the top teams in the league. The blueline is weak as they lack a PMD and no depth but getting Norlinder for 3 games will help a lot imo.

When you have a new coach and lots of new players, why not give it till after Christmas and see where they are at before trying to claim how you were right instead of 8 games into the new season.
This year will tell the true story. I disagree that Laval was great last year though. I watched every game, and to say the competition was horrible is an understatement.

Reactions: dinodebino

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Because of the taxi squads last year, the calibre of play in the AHL was weak.
Mind you, this Laval team should perform. It has the veteran elements to make it. The blue line is weak physically. But the rest is fine.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Hillis is already in his 2nd year & hasn't exactly impressed. I had hopes he would be an AHL contributor this season. Can't see him getting a QO at the rate he's going.

It might a 2nd year but he didn't really play last year at all - yeah he might not get a QO, but they may still sign him to an AHL deal when it expires. That's the whole point of the 3 tier system, because right now Hillis would be seeing 0 ice in the AHL and not playing (like last year).

I wouldn't throw the bust word around yet but he's certainly not where I thought he would be at this point.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

It's concerning that Bouchard didn't think more highly of him but it's not like Bouchard didn't make mistakes. I kept saying when he started out the season with Alain on the 2nd line in his rookie year that he had no business being there. It took longer then it should have but in time he moved him down to the 3rd line and he ended the season on the 4th line where he belonged.

Hillis didn't play much last season as even though he got 18 games, Bouchard often didn't give a lot of TOI to the 4th line. So this year Laval is stacked at forward, so it would be better for him to play a lot in the ECHL vs another 4th line role in the AHL. Now if he's not one of the best players on the team by season ends then I'll be very concerned. And if he's not in the top 9 of Laval next year then I'll be very concerned.

This year will tell the true story. I disagree that Laval was great last year though. I watched every game, and to say the competition was horrible is an understatement.

Laval was great based off the way the play, Bouchard had them playing excellent defensive hockey. The competition was weaker because of the limited teams and taxi squad but it doesn't take away how well they played as a team. 2 years ago they likely would have been a playoff team despite getting wrecked with injuries and call ups that MB didn't do anything to help them but they got red hot right up until they called the season.

This year they will be one of the top teams in the AHL as long as Edmundson is back soon and they send down one of Wideman/Niku to help run their terrible PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad