[size=+3]Where?[/size]
BridgestoneArena-Night_zpsde3357de.jpg

[size=+3]When?[/size]
7OClock_zps5a4a2b1d.gif

[size=+3]NashvillePredators.com Game Preview[/size]

[SIZE=+3]Questions for the game...[/size]

[SIZE=+2]Will Stalberg be back for the game?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Will Bourque be back in?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Will either of Clune/Hendricks get scratched for the sake of more offensive players?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Will our defense and PK improve?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Will we give more TOI to our young talented scorers?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+3]Discuss Away!![/size]​

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Mark my words. Forsberg will be a healthy scratch. Stalberg will still be injured as well as Josi. Bourque will get 7 minutes of ice time while Hendricks gets 15. We lose 3-1.

On the bright side....we will get to watch Jones continue to progress into an elite player.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Getting shut out by a guy that owns the Preds isn't a crime, but I'd hope they'd be able to get a few past Nabokov. (I'm just assuming that's who'll be in net)

If not, yikes.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Going to miss this one, as I've got work until some point after 9:00 Eastern, then my family will be in for the weekend, but I expect us to get thumped. The Islanders are one of the best offensive teams in the league.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Nabokov in nets for the Isles, since inexplicably, they are going with Poulin tonight against Chicago.

Ah, the old Rinne/Lindback situation. Play Lindback in a game you're likely to lose anyway, and save Rinne to ensure you win the other one. Ironically, in the scenario I'm remembering in my mind, the sure win was the Islanders.

utmfisher19

Nov 29, 2005
Nashville, Tn
I just hope this game will at least be fun to watch. At some point in the 2nd period last the Preds started to open up and trade chances with the Leafs. That was some exciting hockey. Yes, I love our puck possession, and yes I love how we battle for pucks along the boards. I also love how physical we have been, but Jesus Christ, put the puck to the front of the net and crash the sucker. The thing I struggle with this team the most is that we are INSANELY slow on the transition. To me Nystrom and Cullen (and to some extent Wilson) are the only ones that turn up ice quickly after a turnover. Brutal.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Have to figure this out while we can. During this home stand. November is almost one giant roadie.

Go Preds!!!

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
if we're not .500 by the 10 game mark, see ya Trotz....

I could see it if we lose 5 of the next 6 or all 6 games, but if we're 4-6 or 4-5-1 or something like that when we come back from Minnesota, Trotz keeps his job.

I could see us turning it around in the next six games, because once we get past the Islanders, every game is winnable. Plus, I think Poile is going to wait anyway because he has faith in Trotz to get the job done and wants it proven beyond a doubt that he can't win with this team before he pulls the trigger.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The last GDT posted early sure worked out well ... right?

Our offense needs to stop the perimeter shooting with nobody around to collect rebounds or redirect. Unscreened shots from the point look great in the shots for column on the scoresheet, but rarely go in.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
just hoping to see some big boy offense .. aside from the 2 PP goals against minnesota (5 on 3 was 1).. our offense has been lacking. the pieces are there to be a competitive team. i want to see guys like weber lead the team. rinne too. these guys don't get the criticism they deserve. earn your pay

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
If we don't win any during this home stand. Trotz should be unemployed.

However, I think someway, somehow, we'd sneak this one out. 3-2 Preds.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
If we don't win any during this home stand. Trotz should be unemployed.

However, I think someway, somehow, we'd sneak this one out. 3-2 Preds.

They won the first of five in a row at home. Thus far they're 1-1 at home. The "Fire Trotz" talk is a bit premature...

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
They won the first of five in a row at home. Thus far they're 1-1 at home. The "Fire Trotz" talk is a bit premature...

a bit premature but 2-3 more stinkers and its a topic. growing number of preds fans think trotz's time is near

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I predict an ugly 3-2 win, with the game winning goal coming off the seat of Hornqvist's pants. New York has a young and inexperienced d corp, gotta take advantage. Patience is growing thin with Trotz, but I wouldn't pull a Holmgren until atleast the 15 game mark.

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
The last GDT posted early sure worked out well ... right?

Our offense needs to stop the perimeter shooting with nobody around to collect rebounds or redirect. Unscreened shots from the point look great in the shots for column on the scoresheet, but rarely go in.

If it's any consolation the GDT tomorrow with be a completely new thread!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad