BRUINS GDT Game 5 - No Place Like Home - Bruins vs. NJ Devils - 7pm ET - NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Jake needs to get going . He didn't have a good playoffs last yr either.. Not concerned yet but if this is still going on say in December.. then I'll be concerned.

was saying the same thing a few days ago, kid gets alot of free passes here IMO. I love the kid but when he`s not contributing offensively he also seems to be one of those guys who struggles in other areas. His horrible boxing out of Burakovsky (sure I butchered the spelling) off the faceoff led to the Avs winning goal by him, just not focused when he needs to be at times.

Tons of whining and hammering on Ritchie here, haven`t seen him hurt the team too much in that context, actually had no issues with his penalty the other night, bout bloody time we saw a Bruin crash the net

Reactions: Krupp

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
was saying the same thing a few days ago, kid gets alot of free passes here IMO. I love the kid but when he`s not contributing offensively he also seems to be one of those guys who struggles in other areas. His horrible boxing out of Burakovsky (sure I butchered the spelling) off the faceoff led to the Avs winning goal by him, just not focused when he needs to be at times.

Tons of whining and hammering on Ritchie here, haven`t seen him hurt the team too much in that context, actually had no issues with his penalty the other night, bout bloody time we saw a Bruin crash the net

With all due respect.. I'm one of those Ritchie sort of bashers. Reason: we know what to expect (he's been in the NHL quite a while) and he is not a worthwhile constant contributor. Moreover he's one of those acquisitions that i believe frustrates most since we are expecting a significant move i.e a real rwinger and moves like Ritchie come across as offensive to.the fans.
Jake he's young so this can be expected . I think.most will be patient however as mentioned if December comes along and he's done squat. That very patience is going to wear very thin.for myself and I am certain many here

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
With all due respect.. I'm one of those Ritchie sort of bashers. Reason: we know what to expect (he's been in the NHL quite a while) and he is not a worthwhile constant contributor. Moreover he's one of those acquisitions that i believe frustrates most since we are expecting a significant move i.e a real rwinger and moves like Ritchie come across as offensive to.the fans.
Jake he's young so this can be expected . I think.most will be patient however as mentioned if December comes along and he's done squat. That very patience is going to wear very thin.for myself and I am certain many here

shouldn`t we technically be bashing Butch and/or Sweeney?

Again, while hardly super excited about Ritchie being on the lineup and also thinking that there`s not a planet Bjork couldn`t be far more productive in this lineup over a Backes or Ritchie, BR hasn`t done anything to warrant the amount of posts he`s had here. Jake is young, still, he`s now played what? 140/150 games plus playoffs, sorry, boxing out your player on offensive faceoffs is emphasized from Bantam, if not Pee Wee , it was a lazy play and it hurt the B`s

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Cam was a bust until he came to Boston. If your looking for diamonds in the rough, you have to sort through a lot of coal.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Cam was a bust until he came to Boston. If your looking for diamonds in the rough, you have to sort through a lot of coal.

I would`t have called Neely a "bust", played 3 years in Vancouver and while I would agree they thought he`d bring more offense than he did, if I recall correctly he had one 20 goal year and the other two with goals in the mid teens, played tough, they just thought he`d bring more and do so more quickly than he did and if I`m not mistaken, the coach way back then was Tom Watt and I still remember watching HNIC and the broadcasters talking about Watt never liking Neely`s lack of defensive attention and in Neely`s defense, he wasn`t getting a load of ice time either with the Canucks

Reactions: HustleB

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

So what's that mean.
Cam.was a great junior hockey player and was part of a phenomenal draft .Jake too was a good junior hockey player but Cam.was a Force He was just destined to be a bruin. Cam also spent a good amount of time in the penalty box wouldn'take in the same phrase as Cam. 2 entirely different players 2 entirely different personalities
Sure would love if Jake had
An ounce of Cam in him.

If Jake doesn't get out from this funk in 2-3 months max... Cause for real concern

No way does he have the make up and polyvalence of a Cam Neely

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So what's that mean.
Cam.was a great junior hockey player and was part of a phenomenal draft .Jake too was a good junior hockey player but Cam.was a Force He was just destined to be a bruin. Cam also spent a good amount of time in the penalty box wouldn'take in the same phrase as Cam. 2 entirely different players 2 entirely different personalities
Sure would love if Jake had
An ounce of Cam in him.

If Jake doesn't get out from this funk in 2-3 months max... Cause for real concern

No way does he have the make up and polyvalence of a Cam Neely
Cam had an amazing first year in Junior, think he surpassed the 50 goal, 100 pt mark but injured in the 2nd season and not sure he even played more than 20 games? Some forget he only played a year and a bit of Junior then the Nucks immediately pushed him into the lineup, not one minute played in the AHL and Watt wanted him to be a more complete player and it caused issues, think the B`s wound up grabbing Wesley from that trade too

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Again, while hardly super excited about Ritchie being on the lineup and also thinking that there`s not a planet Bjork couldn`t be far more productive in this lineup over a Backes or Ritchie, BR hasn`t done anything to warrant the amount of posts he`s had here. Jake is young, still, he`s now played what? 140/150 games plus playoffs, sorry, boxing out your player on offensive faceoffs is emphasized from Bantam, if not Pee Wee , it was a lazy play and it hurt the B`s

Ritchie isnt anything special but I like his presence in the lineup. Hope he can grab another goal to irritate the fans that aren't a fan of his heavy game

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Cam had an amazing first year in Junior, think he surpassed the 50 goal, 100 pt mark but injured in the 2nd season and not sure he even played more than 20 games? Some forget he only played a year and a bit of Junior then the Nucks immediately pushed him into the lineup, not one minute played in the AHL and Watt wanted him to be a more complete player and it caused issues, think the B`s wound up grabbing Wesley from that trade too

Yes Pederson for Neely and a first who ended up being Wesley. Bradley was the man behind this trade. Surely a steal of the century

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

I agree . Was just thinking maybe the Bruins are buying time for Bjork to get more ready.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012

I've actually been wanting to mention Jake, but figured because I haven't watched any of the games so far this season, I have no space to talk. But it IS kinda concerning me that, four games in already, not one point so far. Top 6 needs to get that trend turned around. Krejci was out for a game, so I can give him somewhat of a pass. Jake SHOULD be free of any concussion symptoms he may have experienced in the post season run. It's concerning that he hasn't made anything happen yet, even if his customary center has some lingering health issue

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Oh Coyle was a free agent. Didn't know that but while mentioned Coyle albeit a solid player he's no high profile guy
And while you're at it since you focused on and conveniently so on the "aint getting anyone"
True he got
Mr. Backes. Hows that turning out( retire retire)
Mr.Beleskey...( how that turn out)
Hayes( since you included Coyle who they got through trade) ..big phenom
Nash.. almost got us a cup
Johansson... Not a bad rental. He's 4and 0 right just saying
Who am I forgetting? ...no shortage of crap it's easy to forget some. Oh man ! I almost forgot our much needed star rwinger Ritchie or wtv his name is. Alias Brett healthy scratch Ritchie - David will keep him company
Thank you mr. Chef boyardee.

You’re most welcome Mr. Microbruin

I guess the guy’s a failure for getting to the Cup Final and going to 7 games. But yeah. Lots of failure there

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've actually been wanting to mention Jake, but figured because I haven't watched any of the games so far this season, I have no space to talk. But it IS kinda concerning me that, four games in already, not one point so far. Top 6 needs to get that trend turned around. Krejci was out for a game, so I can give him somewhat of a pass. Jake SHOULD be free of any concussion symptoms he may have experienced in the post season run. It's concerning that he hasn't made anything happen yet, even if his customary center has some lingering health issue
for me while I agree he needs to start contributing I always try and watch a player who typically produces and struggling I look at other areas of his game. For me, far too often and yes he`s young, when Jake is in one of those stretches where the puck isn`t really finding him or he hasn`t scored he allows for it to affect the overall game and attention to details.

I look at Heinen last year, horrific struggles offensively, but for the most part his 200 ft game was still intact and while I`m sure he was as frustrated as we were here at the production power outage, he still played responsible but it came to a point where Butch had to sit him.

I want and expect more from Jake. Thought for the first game this season he was assertive in the offensive zone but again, totally missed his assignment off that faceoff and it cost the B`s

Reactions: Krupp

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You’re most welcome Mr. Microbruin

I guess the guy’s a failure for getting to the Cup Final and going to 7 games. But yeah. Lots of failure there

I like that microbruin good comeback.

The topic has been hijacked . We were talking primarily about free agents . Coyle was through a trade and even his trades weren't phenomenal.
As far as last year finals . Well we can close our eyes . And deny it was an exceptional playoff year where the top contenders i.e Tampa Wash Pitt
Maybe tor
From the west winnepeg Nash
All went bye bye
We can also close our eyes that
Berg Krejci March pastr Rask
Were guys acquired by Don Sweeney.
And sadly we can also close our eyes on the utmost care the hockey world has on getting to the finals 7 games or not...No one cares.
Anyone care about the Canucks in 2010- 11.... Don't think so

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
My worry is using the deadline as the time to get that piece. Prices are higher and players typically leave after the season.

Try Bjork now and if he doesn't fit the 2nd line, make a trade now.

This is part of the frustration with waiting 10-12 games to call anyone up. It's like they want to give Backes/Ritchie a chance, but we all know that's not going to work, so they're just delaying the inevitable. There might be a player in Providence that can help, and you need to have time to evaluate them on the big team before knowing that you have to look outside the organization.

Of course, there are other adjustments they could make to the forward lineup other than cycling players through the 2/3RW spot, but it's clear Cassidy won't consider those.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-10-12_13-37-54.png

Tonight's Officials

CR05.jpg
DO13.jpg

Referees Chris Rooney (5), Dan O'Halloran (13)
Linesmen Michel Cormier (76), Andrew Smith (51)

hkn-anthemguy-db-vn-060719-ph03

Ntl. Anthem Todd Angilly

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins host the Devils tonight in the 1st of 3 games between these teams this season and the Devils’ lone visit of the season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 3-1-0 thus far this season & are playing their 1st home game of the season tonight … They are playing their 1st Metropolitan Division & Eastern Conference opponent as well. - The Bruins are opening tonight a 3-game home stand … They will continue with ANA on 10/14 & TB on 10/17. - They enter tonight’s game with a 49-24-20-1 lifetime record in home openers.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Brad Marchand is 1 assist shy of his 300th NHL assist. - Tuukka Rask is 3 games short of his 500th NHL game. - Bruce Cassidy is 5 games shy of coaching his 200th game behind the Boston bench. - Patrice Bergeron is 5 assists short of his 500th NHL assist. - David Krejci is 6 goals short of his 200th NHL goal. - Charlie Coyle is 7 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal. - Jaroslav Halak is 9 games short of his 500th NHL game.

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2019-20: 8) - John Moore: Shoulder (LTIR) - Note – Kevin Miller & Anton Blidh are listed as injured non-roster players

BOSTON vs NEW JERSEY, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Devils are meeting for the 159th time in their histories (includes New Jersey as Kansas City & Colorado) with the Bruins having an 87-42-19-10 record and 524-417 scoring edge in those games. - The Bruins are 47-20-8-6 lifetime in home games vs. the Devils with a 285-227 scoring advantage in those 81 contests. - The Bruins are 6-1-0 in their last 7 games vs. the Devils with their lone loss in that span a 5-2 setback in Boston on 12/27/2018, & they are 20-5-0 in their last 25 games overall vs. New Jersey … They are 13-2-1 in their last 16 games vs. the Devils in Boston. - Fun Fact: The Bruins are 67-36-14-10 overall vs. the Devils since they relocated to New Jersey in 1982-83, including a 36-15-8-6 mark in Boston.

upload_2019-10-12_13-55-9.png

vs+orr+in+boston.jpg

upload_2019-10-12_13-44-16.png

upload_2019-10-12_13-44-47.png

upload_2019-10-12_13-46-24.png

upload_2019-10-12_13-46-54.png

upload_2019-10-12_13-47-24.png

upload_2019-10-12_13-57-12.png

wayback-machine.gif

03/21/19 Condensed Game: Bruins @ Devils

:bruins:devils

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Well today is my daughter's 40th birthday (how can she be THAT old ??) She is flying in to go to the game with us but I don't know where she is sitting.

After the game we are staying over at the Airport and flying to Barbados tomorrow morning. It is rainy season there ..Oh well.

I hope I can find somewhere in Barbados to watch the games.

Happy Birthday Amanda

You will see the games while there

Reactions: Ladyfan

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Devils fan wishing you guys the best and hoping for no injuries. Don’t care if we win (though id like to see it) because I want the coach gone lol.

Reactions: BMC and Kusinaata

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Stop mucking up the GDT with Taylor Hall trade talk. You keep suggesting him but then finish with some line that implies he's not coming to Boston for whatever reason.

Christ is Lord

Love all the hockey talk. As a Christian it’s offensive to have posts with Gods name in vein.

I am also a Christian and fixed it for you :DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad