Whomever wins this game wins the series! :popcorn:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If I had to change one part of Ottawa's game plan for Game 5, it would be the part where the players try to win the game, instead of whatever the hell they were doing in Game 4.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm taking my hockey crazy 6 yr old son to his first ever playoff game tomorrow. I'm praying to all of the hockey gods that the Sens wake the eff up and play some damn hockey.

Can we all chip in and send the team some cases of Red Bull or something?

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
The series is over. Losing is one thing, but watching the last 2 games, I don't think we are just as good a team as we actually thought. Rangers showed us how average we are honestly. Need a serious shake up this offseason. Inject a little more speed and skill, especially at defense.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Guy says our forecheck is ok. Puck management / Give aways when we get the puck an issue. Not getting enough pucks through. Credits NYR with being good shot blockers, and playing good team D limiting space.

Guy talks about 3 goals where the Rangers took advantage ..the Harpur blocked shot for a 2 on 0 .. The 4 on 2 goal where EK was beat on his side. The goal P9 put in his own net... Never mentioned the softy 4th goal.

Speed vs Physicality is a more consistent theme.

2-2 going home to start best of 3.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The series is over. Losing is one thing, but watching the last 2 games, I don't think we are just as good a team as we actually thought. Rangers showed us how average we are honestly. Need a serious shake up this offseason. Inject a little more speed and skill, especially at defense.

I'm not defending the effort, but this team lives and dies by Karlsson and he's looked done this series. If Karlsson was healthy, it might be a different series. If someone runs Lundqvist and he has to play hurt or is out, that probably dramatically changes the Rangers chances to win as well. The Senators are the extreme end of the spectrum, but a lot of teams are dramatically worse when their franchise player is hurt or unable to play. It's just the way it is.

I think if we have 1 or 2 more games like last night, that'll be an immense failure. But if the team goes out there and dies with their boots on, I'll be content with the effort this season as coming within a win or two from the conference final with Karlsson on one leg should be considered a big step forward for the Senators. I don't want to be embarrassed after the game if they lose like I've felt after the last two. The entire lead up to the playoffs, the talk was that the goal was to win a series and make some noise which is what this team did.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I'm not defending the effort, but this team lives and dies by Karlsson and he's looked done this series. If Karlsson was healthy, it might be a different series. If someone runs Lundqvist and he has to play hurt or is out, that probably dramatically changes the Rangers chances to win as well. The Senators are the extreme end of the spectrum, but a lot of teams are dramatically worse when their franchise player is hurt or unable to play. It's just the way it is.

I think if we have 1 or 2 more games like last night, that'll be an immense failure. But if the team goes out there and dies with their boots on, I'll be content with the effort this season as coming within a win or two from the conference final with Karlsson on one leg should be considered a big step forward for the Senators. I don't want to be embarrassed after the game if they lose like I've felt after the last two. The entire lead up to the playoffs, the talk was that the goal was to win a series and make some noise which is what this team did.

Losing with a good effort is one thing, losing the way we did is another. Rangers made us feel that we don't even belong in this league.
Lundqvist getting injured and them losing the series because of it could happen but by no means we would dominate them like they dominated us.

Yesterday I totally didn't wanted to watch the rest of the game after the first period. That never happened to me my entire life, dating back to 2000, that I had to force myself to watch a playoff game

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Losing with a good effort is one thing, losing the way we did is another. Rangers made us feel that we don't even belong in this league.

I absolutely agree with you that if we lose another game in this series, let alone another two games the way we lost last night I'll be incredibly disappointed and embarrassed in the team.

I obviously want the Sens to win the series, but if they lose the series but do so while matching the Rangers intensity, once I'm over the disappointment of Sens playoff hockey being over I'd consider this year a positive step forward for the team. If they lose like the last two games, that's going to heavily taint this season.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I absolutely agree with you that if we lose another game in this series, let alone another two games the way we lost last night I'll be incredibly disappointed and embarrassed in the team.

I obviously want the Sens to win the series, but if they lose the series but do so while matching the Rangers intensity, once I'm over the disappointment of Sens playoff hockey being over I'd consider this year a positive step forward for the team. If they lose like the last two games, that's going to heavily taint this season.

2011/12 and 12/13 were also "positive steps forward"

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What is your point?

My point is this might not be quite the positive step forward you think it is.
Although back then we were waiting in lazar and ceci. Now we're waiting on chabot white and brown so that's a little better.
Also. I don't like pyatt in. Pageau is the only Guy scoring. I feel like that comes quickly to an end with pyatt on his wing.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
We've scored 2 goals in 2 games. I bet we start Neil to shake it up, while White still rides the pine.

grit/60 the puck into the net, because that's working so well.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Hoping we show up tomorrow, if we don't it'll be our last home game of the season. No excuse for how we played in New York.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA

Yeah your right and the worst part is that we are getting spanked by a Ranger team that is not a very good team either. Pittsburgh will destroy them in 5 max.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Also you can't win in the playoffs if your goaltender is not your best player. Look at Pittsburgh and Nashville those two team will probably meet in the Final and their goalkeeper are their best player. You need your goalie to steal games in the playoffs period otherwise you don't have a chance.

phillyknuckles

Jun 17, 2006
Philadelphia
When I hear Guy say things with such an optimistic ring to them, it makes me think he actually believes this team is in good shape going into game 5 without making adjustments. This guy has a "standfast and things will work themselves out" attitude. The Rangers adjusted and that's shown itself in MSG. If the Sens don't, well, I think we can start talking about next season.

...I did like them finally getting chippy at the end of the game. I was starting to wonder if these guys had a reason to wear cups under their pants. As much as I hate to think about it, I almost want Neil and Boro to play just to go bang in the corners and around the net. Enough of this getting pushed around nonsense. We need a Chara vs. MacCabe moment, pronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad