GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Good first period of play but as usual when the Leafs outplay the opposition lately they have nothing to show for it. They have to make simple plays to the net and crash it. Boston isn't going to give them the pretty ones. Nylander and Tavares were horrible that period but Marner and Domi are looking good so far.
EVERYONE's bad with Tavares anymore.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
They need to practice accepting passes. Also, Rielly and Tavares need to be off PP1. They directly cost a minute or more every single time. Beyond that, I'm just glad they didn't get called for the McAvoy dive.
Tavares touches the puck on the half wall and the play dies 100% of the time

Have him on for the faceoff, if we lose get him off for someone else, any one else I’ll take freaking Reaves

He can’t make passes from there and we always go his way for some reason

Reactions: AejonStarkgaryen

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Bertuzzi-Domi-Marner (very occasionally put Raves out there with Domi-Marner to create space epscially on offensive zone faceoffs)

Knies-Holmberg-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-Jankrok (put speed on his wings)

Limit Tavares' minutes.

No reason why 3rd line should see any minutes
Play 3 lines and run them to ground. I don't care

Marner should see every other shift

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
If they keep playing that and lose, so be it. But that's part of the frustration, ya? Boston isn't going to get 6 shots this game either.
I mean, I understand the frustration, that was almost a flawless period and it is 1-1, but people are talking about how bad players are after that period...

Reactions: Da Mash

cyborg

Nov 18, 2018
I think Boston is playing their game. Clogging the front of the net, blocking everything and anything. Leafs have nothing from the point. No 2nd chances and a lot of it from the outside. It's going to take a lot of good shots and 2nd efforts to score. All Boston needs is a couple looks, we need a barrage of shots to hope.
Leafs should start shooting pucks of their legs,maybe get a dirty goal

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Playing well but this is why its impossible to win 3 in a row , Bruins are good even when Leafs dominate.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
One of the underrated things I dislike about this group/coaches is the galaxy-brained face-off plays that look like an NBA offensive possession.
Ill never understand taking the puck from the top of the blue line, straight in front of the net, to going to the side wall and putting it on net lol.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Yes, they should be.

Only ones digging the puck out of the corners right now.

Greasy goals are just as good as highlight reel goals.

The Dubas Era is done!!!
How many greasy goals have they had? Our offence is nonexistent. They’re in our top 6. They have to produce more than one in 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad