GDT: Game 5 Coyotes Vs Rangers - 4:00 Sunday October 23rd

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Probably would be best to get the sure to come Hanzal injury early this season so Strome gets consistent minutes and can actually develop. You'd think the Turris model has already proven to be a disaster.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Probably would be best to get the sure to come Hanzal injury early this season so Strome gets consistent minutes and can actually develop. You'd think the Turris model has already proven to be a disaster.

Nah it'll make him a great player....... For another team :sarcasm:.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Strome probably likes Oprah, too. I can feel my resentment toward him growing already!

Doesn't he know he has to earn his ice time like the veterans have been doing?! Entitled brat.

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

Fun fact: the year that 22yr old Kyle Turris was traded to Ottawa instantly becoming a successful 2C in this league (after being deemed to be a bottom six center by our defacto GM Dave "not a development league" Tippett) was the same year that we last had a winning record. It's been that long.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Fun fact: the year that 22yr old Kyle Turris was traded to Ottawa instantly becoming a successful 2C in this league (after being deemed to be a bottom six center by our defacto GM Dave "not a development league" Tippett) was the same year that we last had a winning record. It's been that long.

Ugh, can't believe it's been that long.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Sit down and have a cup with us

lelDThj.jpg

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Eh, I'm more in the I don't care much that they suck right now but was also previously concerned about those same organizational philosophy issues you guys are but don't think it has very much to do with the current and recent past on ice performance camp.

If that makes any sense. Those concerns aren't gone but I don't think they are much related to this start to the season.

Like I said right before the season started, if you look at last year realistically a whole lot of stuff went right but that was tamped down by their maximum potential due to the personnel. The early returns this season are an example of stuff going wrong on a scale that didn't happen much last year. Usually during their losing streaks last season there were at least a few bright spots you could point to. The bright spots right now are pretty dim when it's Brad Richardson as your best player on a consistent basis :laugh:

Is it the system or Tippett or Playfair's fault that Hanzal, Gologoski, OEL, and Domi are meh at best right now? I don't think so. But that doesn't mean I have some renewed confidence in Tip and Co either as far as long term development goes.

That was pretty rambly :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad