GDT: Game #5: Anaheim vs Coyotes - 01:00 pm (AZ) - First home game of the year

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Schmaltz looks so much better than he has been before.

If he can stay healthy, our Keller - Schmaltz duo can be even deadlier than last season
I was thinking about how good Schmaltz has been last year and carried into this season. I honestly don't think he is far behind Keller.

This made me think about that Strome trade that felt so unbelievably bad at the time. It has really turned out for us. I'm glad Strome is finding success in WSH but he doesn't have the same impact that Schmaltz does.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I was thinking about how good Schmaltz has been last year and carried into this season. I honestly don't think he is far behind Keller.

This made me think about that Strome trade that felt so unbelievably bad at the time. It has really turned out for us. I'm glad Strome is finding success in WSH but he doesn't have the same impact that Schmaltz does.
Thank you Chayka!;)

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Mr. Skillz had an opinion.

This is why I wish we had beat them 7-1. Zegras has taken up the mantle of my most hated player in the league. He is the stereotypical entitled letterman jacket wearing rich kid you knew in school who skied in Breckinridge on holidays and then complained about how lame it was…the type of guy that would sleep with one of his teammates girlfriends. That guy. Absolute tool and I really hope someone like Tom Wilson comes along and catches him with his head down and has him eating out of a straw for a little bit.

Last edited:

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
This is why I wish we had beat them 7-1. Zegras has taken up the mantle of my most hated player in the league. He is the stereotypical entitled letterman wearing rich kid you knew in school who skied in Breckinridge on holidays and then complained about how lame it was…the type of guy that would sleep with one of his teammates girlfriends. That guy. Absolute tool and I really hope someone like Tom Wilson comes along and catches him with his head down and has him eating out of a straw for a little bit.
Where’s Derain Hatcher when you need him.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
On TapeGate…..

The right choice. Personal player preference on what tape to use…no big deal. Forced ceremonial jersey wearing followed by social shaming without proper context…give it a rest. If that’s how the league is playing it I think that’s the right call.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Where’s Derain Hatcher when you need him.
After Zegras had his run in with Stecher and was chirping about his wife, after cross checking Hayton in the head while he was in the prone position…I expected that O’Brien or McBain would have handled this punk already. Hopefully they’ll lull him to sleep and then catch him right on the chin one of these games.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
On TapeGate…..

I think it was good that Provorov stood up for himself and was not punished by the league. I think it was good that Dermott stood up for himself and was not punished by the league. Neither player should be compelled to comply with any of this. I agree with both Provorov and Dermott. The league has handled this all poorly.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I think it was good that Provorov stood up for himself and was not punished by the league. I think it was good that Dermott stood up for himself and was not punished by the league. Neither player should be compelled to comply with any of this. I agree with both Provorov and Dermott. The league has handled this all poorly.
Agree. I think they’ve finally arrived at the right stance after making multiple mistakes to get there. For once I would love to see the league not blindly copy everything the three other major sports do. You aren’t the NBA or NFL and it’s ok to acknowledge that and be different…carve your own path. As CEO’s and people making high six figure salaries managing these leagues, you would think they could have the foresight to look at it and say “hey you know, forcing people into compliance on controversial social/cultural topics could end up backfiring on us and not be such a good look. Why don’t we take a neutral stance as a league, but allow players to have the freedom to express themselves in fun ways as long as it’s in good taste and not harming anyone?” These people are almost all overpaid and way too consumed by group think.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Mr. Skillz had an opinion.

1A in 5gp

Thanks to him we also avoided Zadina. Very few saw that coming.
Then there's the Soderstrom mess, and others.

Funny how that works. I was.livid when we passed in Zadina without selecting one of the top three defensemen.

But it's also a damn shame we don't have Boldy on this roster.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
This is why I wish we had beat them 7-1. Zegras has taken up the mantle of my most hated player in the league. He is the stereotypical entitled letterman jacket wearing rich kid you knew in school who skied in Breckinridge on holidays and then complained about how lame it was…the type of guy that would sleep with one of his teammates girlfriends. That guy. Absolute tool and I really hope someone like Tom Wilson comes along and catches him with his head down and has him eating out of a straw for a little bit.

Loved seeing Zegras knocked on his ass after admiring a pass last night

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He's a young immature arrogant young kid. Each player has their own opinion of the Mullet, and I'm sure he isn't the only one that thinks playing there is a joke or thinks the same as Zegras.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
He's a young immature arrogant young kid. Each player has their own opinion of the Mullet, and I'm sure he isn't the only one that thinks playing there is a joke or thinks the same as Zegras.
Yeah I haven’t formed my opinion of him based on just that one comment. But it’s all good…I’m not losing any sleep over a punk kid like Trevor Zegras.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I think that most only concentrate on the ice and a bit about the locker room, and sometimes who is up in the stands (family and friends).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad