GDT: Game 5: Anaheim Ducks @ San Jose Sharks | 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I'll admit it's exciting, but it's not how a hockey game should end. It's like ending a baseball game with batting practice, or a football game with a hundred yard dash.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
And the shootout is going no where... its very popular and I think we dislike it because we suck at it.

I dont like any shootout... nothing to do with us being good or bad at it... i just find 4 v4 or 3 v3 more exciting then a shootout.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Beleskey was on the first line until he got injured. He was actually a good compliment to their game. Has more skill than the people on the board give him.

Nope. Not true. He is not a good compliment to there game and was never good on the top line. And even if he might have more skill than we give him credit his hockey IQ is too low to do anything with it. He takes wrist shots from the blue line...

Hahahah Beleskey sucks!

Yea I agree he sucks. But, apparently one goal eliminates all past performances and means he should stay on the top line.

But, whatever. That's two coaches now that think he can play on the first line. Maybe he's just a stud in practice. I dont get it though.

lumberjack

Jan 24, 2010
I guess all goals that are scored in the NHL are hi-lites, such as all the goals tonight, yet you picked out Beleskey's to comment on. What is wrong with you? Do not like people who own Bull dog'S....LMAO.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I dont like ties either... i want an atmosphere where teams are playing for the win.

I used to not like the idea of shootouts, but it does make the game more interesting and worthwhile to watch in OT. If games would end in ties, then both teams can stand pat in OT. But because there is a shootout, then the team that sucks at shootouts better come up with better 4-on-4 situations otherwise, but that extra point is to be had because it is forced upon both teams. The NHL added another dimension to its game by forcing teams to practice shootout situations or to add that one third or fourth line with some flair to the roster for such occasions. The other aspect is drama. I think the NHL picks up more fans that see highlights of shootouts because that's easy to understand and more often shown on highlights. All of the shooters are shown in the highlight.

I would lie if I said those highlights didn't capture my attention. And that's what I would like if I wanted the NHL to grow fans. Especially since I belong to a small market team like Anaheim and would like Anaheim to stay put. I bet no team likes the shootouts and would rather win it in OT. I don't have any statistical analysis to back this up, but there's probably a little more intensity to win it in OT.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
if it has to come to a shootout, i like the best of 5 waaaaay better then best of 3....i also agree that 3 v 3 is just as gimmicky as a SO but i would rather 5min 4 v 4 then 5min 3 v3, then best of 5 SO then the current

Ducksgo*

Even San Jose's coach thinks we were the better team.

“We’ve got to be excited that we put points in the bank and were able to come back,†Sharks coach Todd McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News. “But we have to tell it like it was — they were the better team.â€

Fron Stephens article tweet

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Even San Jose's coach thinks we were the better team.

“We’ve got to be excited that we put points in the bank and were able to come back,†Sharks coach Todd McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News. “But we have to tell it like it was — they were the better team.â€

Fron Stephens article tweet

Youd have trouble finding anyone that isnt a sharks fan that says the sharks were the better team last night.

At the end of the day tho they got 2 points we got 1 and despite being out played they got what they wanted.

SC2008

Oct 14, 2006
I love the sharks, but the ducks were clearly better last night. I was happy to steal 1pt, let alone 2.

Loss of our top 3 puck moving D-men showed. (Boyle, Burns, and Demers). To be fair I don't think any team that lost their top 3 blue-line movers would have played any better.

This is a great Sharks team, but I can see a repeat of '09 if we match up with the Ducks or Blues in the playoffs. Against anyone else we should beat easily.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I love the sharks, but the ducks were clearly better last night. I was happy to steal 1pt, let alone 2.

Loss of our top 3 puck moving D-men showed. (Boyle, Burns, and Demers). To be fair I don't think any team that lost their top 3 blue-line movers would have played any better.

This is a great Sharks team, but I can see a repeat of '09 if we match up with the Ducks or Blues in the playoffs. Against anyone else we should beat easily.

It won't be a first round matchup, but a Sharks Blackhawks series would be hugely entertaining.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Yea I agree he sucks. But, apparently one goal eliminates all past performances and means he should stay on the top line.

But, whatever. That's two coaches now that think he can play on the first line. Maybe he's just a stud in practice. I dont get it though.
It was a joke.

BUT WHATEVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad