GDT: GAME #5 7 PM - Montréal at BRUINS - THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!! | NESN, CITY, TVAS, 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CvX3AnSXgAAH6q8.jpg:large

403408_3848456250142_1103170913_n.jpg

Tonight's Officials

Referees - TJ Luxmore (21), Mike Leggo (3)
Linesmen - Brian Murphy (93), Michel Cormier (76)

Ntl. Anthem - Rene Rancourt

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1477076565000

BOSTON vs MONTREAL, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Canadiens are meeting for an NHL record 735th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 273-349-103-9 record and Montreal holding a 2,225-1,934 scoring advantage in those games.

- The Bruins are 165-140-56-6 in their 367 home games of this lifetime series with a 1,070-1,000 scoring edge in those contests.

- The Bruins are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens with both wins coming in Montreal last season, and they are 3-11-2 in their last 16 games vs. the Canadiens … They are winless in their last 8 home games of this lifetime series at 0-6-2 with their last win over the Canadiens in Boston a 2-1 victory on Jan. 12, 2012.

- Fun Fact: The 735 regular season games between Boston and Montreal are the most vs. any 2 rivals in NHL history (Chicago-Detroit, 731) … The Bruins and Canadiens are the only 2 franchises with 3,000+ lifetime victories and Boston is now 33 goals shy of joining the Canadiens in the 20,000 lifetime goals scored club.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

- Brad Marchand is 2 points short of his 300th NHL point.
- Zdeno Chara is 2 assists shy of his 400th NHL assist.
- Jimmy Hayes is 5 points short of his 100th NHL point.
- Torey Krug is 5 assists shy of his 100th NHL
assist.

WAY BACK MACHINE

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm in the minority I guess because I could give two ***** about playing the Habs more often...or any other of our divisional "rivals" for that matter. Imagine 8 X Buffalo or Florida...or those snooze fests with the Wings. No thanks.

I'm with you here - and in the minority here as well. If there's one nice feature of the schedule, it's that you guarantee 2 SCF rematches, and 3 ECF rematches. And you always get to say goodbye to players who leave at the end of a season and return in the other conference - like Lucic last year.

Imagine how annoyed Habs fans would be if they didn't get to see Subban in the Bell Centre until March 2018. (Okay, that would be a good thing, but still...)

Yes, we get the Oilers. That's 1 home visit out of 41, 2 out of 82 games. But you have to find SOMETHING interesting about seeing Connor McDavid (although, oops, he was injured last year when they came to the Garden). Every team is going to ebb and flow; a balanced schedule may make the peaks lower, but it also makes the valleys higher.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not surprising (considering they won against NJ), but looks like Spooner is scratched again tonight.

Correction: Looks like Spooner in and Heinen out.

Claude Julien loving his 3rd and 4th lines right now.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
100%. Remember when they played each other 8 ****ing times a year? That was awesome. Even 6 was good. This 4 games a year nonsense is ridiculous and I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention.

I couldn't give less of a **** about a game against the Coyotes or Canucks in February or March. Give me more rivalry games.

I wasn't gonna log in until I saw this post which I totally agree with. I think the NHL screwed up shortening the rivalry between our Bruins and the habs.** I think 6 was the rite number of times.. Common, just look at how it gets everyone going when they meet up now.

I don't know about you, but when I hear about that team from Montreal I just can't stand them.. I still remember all those battles we had with them in the playoffs from years back and almost always we wound up on the losing end. I still have a resentment about those times. Maybe I just need therapy, I don't know. :laugh:

Can't wait for the game tonight. I sure hope our coach circled this game on the calendar and sent out a memo to all our players and lets them play! Remember we haven't beaten them at home since what 2012! That's insane...

If we whip their ***** tonight, let me tell you that would raise our teams confidence and our fans confidence a lot.. :)

** Me no capitalize habs/canadians.. :laugh:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
For those of you in the New York City or Washington markets the game will be on NHL Network.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Not surprising (considering they won against NJ), but looks like Spooner is scratched again tonight.

Correction: Looks like Spooner in and Heinen out.

Claude Julien loving his 3rd and 4th lines right now.

Well it's about friggin time this was the best line Spoon Krej Back preseason...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

BTW where did you read this?

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
No tuukka tonight... They need to figure out what is wrong with him and fix it. He needs to play against these guys and gain some confidence

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Nothing stays the same, tonight is the time for the Bruins to beat the hated Habs.

GO BRUINS!!!

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
I think the thing with Dobby is the team in front of him needs to exhibit some passion. Focus on getting any rebounds and try to slow the Habs down, especially if we can't match whatever speed advantage they might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad