GDT: Game #5 | 10/18/14 | Toronto Maple Leafs at Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

:leafs at :wings

October 18, 2014
7:00 p.m., FS-D

Place:
spot_joe_louis_arena3.jpg

Joe Louis Arena
Detroit, MI

Lines:

:wings

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Gustav Nyquist|Henrik Zetterberg|Johan Franzen
Tomas Tatar|Riley Sheahan|Tomas Jurco
Justin Abdelkader|Darren Helm|Andrej Nestrasil
Drew Miller|Luke Glendening|Joakim Andersson

Left Defense | Right Defense
Niklas Kronwall|Brendan Smith
Jakub Kindl | Jonathan Ericsson
Kyle Quincey |Danny DeKeyser

Starting Goaltender
Jonas Gustavsson

:leafs

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
JVR | Tyler Bozak | Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul | Nazem Kadri | Winnick
Leo Komarov | Mike Santorelli | David Clarkson
Richard Panik | Peter Holland | Brandon Kozun

Left Defense | Right Defense
Dion Phaneuf | Cody Franson
Jake Gardiner | Morgan Reilly
Stuart Percy | Roman Polak

Starting Goaltender
James Reimer

Lines to be updated in the morning.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Monster in net? Cue 6-3 win and lots of scrambled, out of position saves.

Hopefully Mule is OK, will Weiss or Cleary get a chance if not...?

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Show Toronto who's the boss. I expect 2 points, period. No reason to take their foot off the gas.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Can't wait to catch the game tonight on CBC. Will be great to see the pre game watching there staff crucify the leafs for sucking last night. Also I am curious to see what Cherry will say about us tonight as well.

Big Ed

~
Feb 5, 2011
I'm so confused. There was a game last night, I watched it and remember it, but for some reason it feels like it was the day before. I should sleep.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
dont lose battles, pay the price and then use the speed to completely suffocate them. dont get down when Monster lets in a goal or two.

Helm could be slightly more faster and tenacious on his forecheck when they are trying to make a stretch pass and set the tone for the team.

Q needs to release his beast mode again.

T Low

Oct 18, 2008
Can't wait to catch the game tonight on CBC. Will be great to see the pre game watching there staff crucify the leafs for sucking last night. Also I am curious to see what Cherry will say about us tonight as well.

I thought no mo HNIC on CBC? Que paso?

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I thought no mo HNIC on CBC? Que paso?

Technically it is sportsnet but they still televise the game + coverage on cbc and I live in metro Detroit so I get cbc. Makes it so much better in the playoffs as well not having to watch the abomination that is nbcsn.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
meh. not really digging the new HNIC . the only people left from the crew from last year are ron and don on coach's corner and Elliot Friedman

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
meh. not really digging the new HNIC . the only people left from the crew from last year are ron and don on coach's corner and Elliot Friedman

To me those are the only three I liked. Messier might need some time to warm up to the mic but having the insight of a great could be really good but he needs some time to get comfortable. Healy can go get mauled by a shark and I wouldn't mind don't understand how he and dumbass Boston grinder still have jobs but at least both of those buffoons are in reduced roles.

T Low

Oct 18, 2008
Technically it is sportsnet but they still televise the game + coverage on cbc and I live in metro Detroit so I get cbc. Makes it so much better in the playoffs as well not having to watch the abomination that is nbcsn.

I'm 20 minutes from the BC border, and closer to Vancouver than Seattle, I get CBC also but could have sworn Corry (Coranation Street) was on last Sat, not HNIC. Hmm. I'll check again.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'm 20 minutes from the BC border, and closer to Vancouver than Seattle, I get CBC also but could have sworn Corry (Coranation Street) was on last Sat, not HNIC. Hmm. I'll check again.

You missed out on some very well informed banter between great minds such as Nick Kypreos and Damien Cox! :sarcasm:

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
To me those are the only three I liked. Messier might need some time to warm up to the mic but having the insight of a great could be really good but he needs some time to get comfortable. Healy can go get mauled by a shark and I wouldn't mind don't understand how he and dumbass Boston grinder still have jobs but at least both of those buffoons are in reduced roles.

yea but even the announcers calling the games are all different from what i saw last week. I dunno maybe i will get used to it

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Dhiren Mahiban ‏@dcmahiban 2 min2 minuuttia sitten
#RedWings announce they've recalled Petr Mrazek for tonight's game vs #Leafs

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 9 s10 sekuntia sitten
Wings have recalled goalie Petr Mrazek from Grand Rapids.

he better play ahead of monster.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2 min2 minuuttia sitten
Jimmy Howard has a sore groin. He's on 48 hour goalie IR and is eligible to play Tuesday, Holland said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad