GDT: Game 49: Winnipeg Jets vs Montreal Canadiens 4/30/21 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
oFuWiy2.jpg

1FXGmDp.jpg

IyhMbjN.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I dont mind the 2nd line. The rest needs work.

Caufield - Danault - Anderson
Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Frolik - KK - Perry
Lehkonen - Evans - Staal

I'd actually sit Staal if there were more bodies, and see how he responds to that.

whorocksthesocks

Jan 19, 2015
Can we fire the equipment? Perhaps all the shoulder pads, knee pads and the helmets should go before Bergevin does.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
3-1 Win or loss, don't even care, it's gonna be ugly and boring either way. See you next year.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Tied 18th in the league with the Flyers and we have a one point lead over the 20th position. We could end up being the 2nd lowest ranked team to ever make the playoffs. The lowest ranked team to ever make the playoffs was .... us last year. So MB would rank number 1 and number 2 in the lowest ranked team to ever make the playoffs category if we keep falling.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
If they play like the past 4 games, this is a loss.

Calgary also made up 2 pts last night.

I’m pretty sure they’ll catch up and win on the tie breaker.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Our C depth is garbage. Play NS 35 mins, give JE 12.5, and let the 3 other scrubs battle it out for the rest.

If Wpg scores first, it’s over.

Reactions: angusyoung

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Tied 18th in the league with the Flyers and we have a one point lead over the 20th position. We could end up being the 2nd lowest ranked team to ever make the playoffs. The lowest ranked team to ever make the playoffs was .... us last year. So MB would rank number 1 and number 2 in the lowest ranked team to ever make the playoffs category if we keep falling.

And in the season before that, the habs tied the record for most points without making the playoffs, I believe.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I know i know everyone is negative and pessimistic lately - and rightfully so, we've sucked for a while.

BUT...just to put this out there...

Winnipeg is 6 points ahead of us, and we have 1 game in hand. If we win in regulation tonight, and somehow win that game in hand too (next game against Ottawa) - we're now 2 points back with 6 games to go. Pretty sure they have the tie breaker (Wins right?) - but I still think there's a reasonable chance we could top them. If we do - that would imply we could play Edmonton in round 1, vs Toronto.

ps - any update on when/if Carey Price will return? It's getting awfully close to season end...is he expected to be 100% come playoffs? Or not sure?

Reactions: bretpatrick7

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I know i know everyone is negative and pessimistic lately - and rightfully so, we've sucked for a while.

BUT...just to put this out there...

Winnipeg is 6 points ahead of us, and we have 1 game in hand. If we win in regulation tonight, and somehow win that game in hand too (next game against Ottawa) - we're now 2 points back with 6 games to go. Pretty sure they have the tie breaker (Wins right?) - but I still think there's a reasonable chance we could top them. If we do - that would imply we could play Edmonton in round 1, vs Toronto.

ps - any update on when/if Carey Price will return? It's getting awfully close to season end...is he expected to be 100% come playoffs? Or not sure?

One thing we do know about concussions is that if a player isn't back on the ice one week after the injury, then they still feel its effects afterwards.

That makes his timetable impossible to predict. You just gotta wait and see. The protocol is generally to be one week symptom free while doing very little. Then he can resume activity, and hopefully he's symptom free during that step, or he goes back to square one.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Calgary now 4 points behind :naughty:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Our C depth is garbage. Play NS 35 mins, give JE 12.5, and let the 3 other scrubs battle it out for the rest.

If Wpg scores first, it’s over.
Habs have been so fragile this season, and getting scored on first, is absolutely doomsday......it's like the rest of the game is a moot point. Not that they can't come back, but.................

Reactions: angusyoung

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Habs have been so fragile this season, and getting scored on first, is absolutely doomsday......it's like the rest of the game is a moot point. Not that they can't come back, but.................

Agreed. That first goal seems to be so important. They seem demoralized when they get scored on first and basically just roll over and surrender.

tenor.gif

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
It is interesting the spot the Habs are in a win tonight and they are 4pts behind Winnipeg with a game in hand, where Winnipeg has not played well lately.

Calgary 4pts behind us so it could be the 3rd and 4th spot up for grabs if Montreal wins tonight.

I don't like to be a pessimist with the team as I like to see them get in. I truly believe change is coming this off-season even with them getting in. They seem to almost be squeaking in after blowing a huge lead over Calgary. I think we've seen this scenario far too much trying to get in the last spot. Especially 2yrs ago when they had missed but with a huge point total. Seems like we are in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad