GDT: Game 49: Vegas Golden Knights @ Winnipeg Jets / 5 PM / Reginald Dwight Edition

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Ugh not this again. I’m hearing the Knights “played well.” Heard the same crap against the Sharks too. They are probably the same people saying there is nothing wrong with our power play.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Can't get Glass, Brannstrom & Hague on the PP fast enough.

Things will be different next year (or whenever they play for the Knights)

Jesus christ you could have Glass only play powerplay minutes today and it would make our powerplay better.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ugh not this again. I’m hearing the Knights “played well.” Heard the same crap against the Sharks too. They are probably the same people saying there is nothing wrong with our power play.
They did play well 5 on 5. And admittedly the powerplays did generate good chances here and there. And Brossoit played well. But for the most part the powerplay was the same brickfooted disaster it's been for weeks.

And Marchesseault needs to chill the f*** out and start thinking before he does things.

Reactions: hangman005

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
They did play well. Biggest problem of the game is we played a goalie who had great rebound control and was hardly ever screened. 0-6 on the power play is horrific but I really can't see the issue other than finishing. This team just can't finish.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I miss Karlsson. Assuming he doesn’t score today he will have 1 goal in the last 12 games. And 11 games in a row with no assists.

As long as it brings down his AAV on the next contract...

Jesus christ you could have Glass only play powerplay minutes today and it would make our powerplay better.

This team needs a Panarin. I mean Tuch and Marchy are really talented, but the Knights need star power.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

To clarify the team played well when it was 5 on 5 and killed off 2 penalties. But so much of the game was the Knights being on the power play and that was a complete disaster. I don’t think you can say the team played well then that happens.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They did play well. Biggest problem of the game is we played a goalie who had great rebound control and was hardly ever screened. 0-6 on the power play is horrific but I really can't see the issue other than finishing. This team just can't finish.

Marchesseault playing like a coked out AHLer

Karlsson playing seemingly distraught that Marchy has disappeared

Stupid defensive brainfarts leading to key goals.

Players not moving/making stupid passes on the powerplay

No one setting up a screen on Brossoit

Some shots taken were taken with far too much hesitation allowing Brossoit to square up perfectly.

Plenty of issues despite my saying they played well

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
As long as it brings down his AAV on the next contract...

This team needs a Panarin. I mean Tuch and Marchy are really talented, but the Knights need star power.
They have star power. Their stars just aren't playing like it. A ton of mental mistakes were made all around tonight but especially from Marchesseault. And Tuch, I have to repeat it again. The guy has shown that his natural talent has progressed to a point that he can be productive on any given night but too often he tries these finesse or fancy plays that lead to nothing when he ought to be utilizing his size and speed to drive the net and send the opposition into a panic. He can 100% be a game by game force but is lacking consistent tenacity.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
Our 1st line sucks.
Our 2nd line sucks.
Our 3rd line sucks.
Our 4th line sucks.
Our goalie sucks.
Our PP sucks.
Our coach sucks.
Our GM sucks.

Goodnight.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
While the 1st goal was a breakway, Fleury bit hard on it. He went down way to early.

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
Sharks just beat Pittsburgh 5-2. Them sharks must have goal scorers or something

Edit* Preds just beat the caps 7-2. I guess the predators have goal scorers?

Here we are with our 2-3 goals per game. So we can even win 2-1 or 3-2. Every once in a while when the heavens open and the hockey gods allow us 1 more goal (like an empty netter) then can we have a 4 in our score.

I’m just gonna say it. Everyone keeps complaining about the D. Our D is not the problem. We’re not getting blown out. We. Need. Scorers. Offensive minded downright dangerous bad ass motgerf***ing snipers. That’s it. Guys that can get that black cylinder disk shaped object into the back of the net.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegas07

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Our leading goal scorers are at 15 goals right now. That’s pretty sad. Karlsson has 15 goals in 48 games and Tuch has done it in 40 games. Nothing against those guys, but you would think at least one person on this team would be at 20 right now but it could be a while.

Meanwhile Pirri just played his 11th game of the season and is already more than halfway there with 8 goals. And last season he scored 3 goals in 2 games so in 13 games as a Knight he has 11 goals.

When I look at the league leaders, the guys ranked 18-20 are at 23 goals right now. Nobody on the Knights is even close to that. Not a single player is up there in assists or points either.

It says a lot about Fleury and the defense that the team has done as well as it has.

Reactions: Knightmare

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Sharks just beat Pittsburgh 5-2. Them sharks must have goal scorers or something

Edit* Preds just beat the caps 7-2. I guess the predators have goal scorers?.

The Flames won their last game 7-1. When they played the Jets they scored 6 goals and 4 goals (and won both games).

Reactions: Knightmare

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
One thing that is infuriating to me is the team doesn’t even need to be that great on offense. Just having the ability to score on the power play would be huge. The team was 0-9 on the power play against San Jose and Winnipeg and that includes a 5 on 3. A single goal in either one of those games probably gets us into OT with a chance to win.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
:laugh: join the club

Are you a Jets fan? I wouldn’t mind as much if the goalie is pretty good. It’s expected that a good goalie would play well.

I doubt the Jets have been making backups look like all-stars. I’ve looked at comments other fans have made in our recent games and I keep seeing comments like “Hey our goalie looks really good tonight” over and over.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Are you a Jets fan? I wouldn’t mind as much if the goalie is pretty good. It’s expected that a good goalie would play well. I doubt the Jets have been making backups look like all-stars.
This guy is something like 9-0-1

Reactions: Fixxer

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
This guy is something like 9-0-1

I know his numbers are good (several Winnipeg fans seem to like him better than their other goalie). I was actually more uncomfortable before the game knowing he would start against the Knights.

But he also faced 44 shots and there were 6 power plays and he still only gave up 1 goal. I honestly think either one of their goalies would have looked great, especially on the power play.

And this isn’t the first backup we’ve made look great recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad