GDT: Game 49: Sharks vs. Sabres 1:00pm NBCSCA

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Smith has been a winner at every level. I want him to win the Frozen Four, Beanpot, National Championship, everything.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

One empty-netter too many.

SNOGLossFail.JPG

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 12 vs Golden KnightsNewMuzu24, weastern biasVGK 4-1
2Oct. 14 vs AvalanchenoneAvs 2-1 SO
3Oct. 17 vs HurricanesTheBeardCanes 6-3
4Oct. 19 vs BruinsnoneBruins 3-1
5Oct. 21 at PredatorsnonePredators 5-1
6Oct. 24 at Panthersweastern biasPanthers 3-1
7Oct. 26 at LightningRed Light LoverLightning 6-0
8Oct. 27 at HurricanesPattyLafontaineCanes 3-0
9Oct. 29 at CapitalsnoneCapitals 3-1
10Nov. 2 vs CanucksnoneCanucks 10-1
11Nov. 4 vs PenguinsnonePenguins 10-2
12Nov. 7 vs FlyersRed Light LoverSharks 2-1
13Nov. 9 vs OilersnoneSharks 3-2
14Nov. 10 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-0
15Nov. 12 at DucksSkeksis25Ducks 4-1
16Nov. 14 vs PanthersnonePanthers 5-3
17Nov. 16 vs BluesnoneSharks 5-1
18Nov. 20 at CanucksnoneCanucks 3-1
19Nov. 22 at KrakennoneKraken 7-1
20Nov. 24 vs CanadienshockeyCEO, timorous meCanadiens 3-2 SO
21Nov. 25 vs CanucksnoneSharks 4-3
22Nov. 27 vs CapitalsnoneSharks 2-1
23Nov. 30 at BruinsnoneBruins 3-0
24Dec. 1 at DevilsnoneSharks 6-3
25Dec. 3 at RangersnoneRangers 6-5
26Dec. 5 at IslandersGreat Makohead ShorkSharks 5-4 OT
27Dec. 7 at Red WingsnoneSharks 6-5 OT
28Dec. 10 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-4 SO
29Dec. 12 vs JetsnoneSharks 2-1
30Dec. 15 at CoyotesnoneCoyotes 1-0
31Dec. 17 at AvalanchenoneAvalanche 6-2
32Dec. 19 vs KingscoooldudeKings 4-1
33Dec. 21 vs CoyotesnoneCoyotes 5-2
34Dec. 23 at CanucksnoneCanucks 7-4
35Dec. 27 at KingsnoneKings 5-1
36Dec. 28 vs OilersnoneOilers 5-0
37Dec. 31 at AvalanchenoneAvalanche 3-1
38Jan. 2 vs Red WingsnoneRed Wings 5-3
39Jan. 4 vs JetsnoneJets 2-1
40Jan. 6 vs Maple LeafsfasterthanlightMaple Leafs 4-1
41Jan. 9 at Maple LeafsnoneMaple Leafs 7-1

Second half SNOG results

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
42Jan. 11 at CanadiensChinaski89Sharks 3-2
43Jan. 13 at SenatorsnoneSenators 5-4
44Jan. 15 at SabresnoneSabres 3-0
45Jan. 16 at BlackhawksnoneBlackhawks 2-1 SO
46Jan. 20 vs DucksnoneSharks 5-3
47Jan. 22 at KingscoooldudeSharks 4-3 SO
48Jan. 23 vs RangersnoneSharks 3-2 OT
49Jan. 27 vs SabresnoneSabres 5-2

Rank
2023-24 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
T-1.coooldude, Red Light Lover, weastern bias2
T-4.Chinaski89, coooldude, fasterthanlight, Great Makohead Shork, hockeyCEO, NewMuzu24, PattyLafontaine, Skeksis25, TheBeard, timorous me1

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I wonder how long Quinn persists with the Eklund - Sturm - Kunin line and Burroughs-Ohoktiuk pair… they’re awful and doing Eklund and Ohoktiuk no favours in their development.

What an odd time to complain about that line, when they were the only line that wasn't negative and created the only two goals of the game.

You're probably right though, what is Quinn thinking taking a rookie forward that was on track to score like 30pts and be -50 on the year in the top 6, and move him down the lineup where he might have a better chance to gain some confidence and get his scoring up.

If anything should happen it would simply be find a better third wheel for that line than Kunin, so that our third line is better than most and Eklund can start winning his matchups regularly and get his game on track.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Burroughs might be the worst try-hard defenseman the Sharks have dressed in a decade. At least since...Colin White? Josh Gorges? Very Zettler-esque...

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
No kidding, I’d totally buy that.

I guess I have to watch this game, since Mukh is playing.
Muk looked rough around the edges. But, I think the spark is there. I wonder how much John McCarthy is helping to polish Muk up. I kinda wished they'd gone out of the org for the Cuda mgr. New blood and all that.

The hats looked dope. Giveaway hats don't usually work out for me tho, I go size 7-7/8 to 8 on fitted ball caps.

Reactions: DG93

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Muk looked rough around the edges. But, I think the spark is there. I wonder how much John McCarthy is helping to polish Muk up. I kinda wished they'd gone out of the org for the Cuda mgr. New blood and all that.

The hats looked dope. Giveaway hats don't usually work out for me tho, I go size 7-7/8 to 8 on fitted ball caps.
Problem is that Joe Will hired him before Grier came on...I bet Grier would like to have his own guy there as well. I bet it happens within the next year or two.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Definitely, he seemed to have some of the jitters, definitely clutching his stick a little too tight, but that’s to be expected for a guy making his NHL debut. Nothing I saw worried me, which is the most important thing.

The biggest thing is that Mukhamadullin’s shot forces opposing forwards to defend the point tighter than they have been. No other defenseman in the Sharks whole org is a true threat from the point. If Mukhamadullin can settle in and keep launching bombs, that’s a damn good starting point for a young defenseman.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Definitely, he seemed to have some of the jitters, definitely clutching his stick a little too tight, but that’s to be expected for a guy making his NHL debut. Nothing I saw worried me, which is the most important thing.

The biggest thing is that Mukhamadullin’s shot forces opposing forwards to defend the point tighter than they have been. No other defenseman in the Sharks whole org is a true threat from the point. If Mukhamadullin can settle in and keep launching bombs, that’s a damn good starting point for a young defenseman.
I'm cautiously optimistic, but we need to see him settle in and grip his stick less. If he shows improvement like Eklund and Zetts have, I'll feel a lot better. He did make some Okhotiuk-level rookie bonehead mistakes but that's expected so long as he learns and improves. Hope he gets an extended stay to see what we have.

Reactions: Sandisfan

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
I'm cautiously optimistic, but we need to see him settle in and grip his stick less. If he shows improvement like Eklund and Zetts have, I'll feel a lot better. He did make some Okhotiuk-level rookie bonehead mistakes but that's expected so long as he learns and improves. Hope he gets an extended stay to see what we have.
I suspect his offensive game will stay ahead of his defensive game for a few years, at least, at least until he gets bigger and stronger and learns to use his body and long reach to handle opponents.

This is a good thing, especially if it affords him more leeway while the defensive part of his game (hopefully) grows. His ability to get the puck to the net quickly is something I mentioned a few days ago as something I liked about him and wow was that already evident in his debut! Points will definitely come out of that.

And he already showed real potential in terms of making clean zone exits through his passing, which, wow, I almost forgot you could do that! But if he can combine that with a more robust frame that's tougher to play against, I don't think a 2/3 defenseman in a few years is out of the question at all.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I haven’t watched Muk play much for the cuda but the scouting videos he certainly had a Burns like ability to get shots to the net quickly through traffic.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad