GDT: Game 49: MTL @ CBJ | That damned cannon | Jan. 18, 2019 7:00pm ET, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Everyone hates that damned cannon.

About time something is done about it ...

YV2kkEh.gif

To pull it off, we had to use a covert agent. If you look at the clown's face more closely ...

ne5OIut.jpg

Unfortunately, our agent's secret identity might get revealed if he ends up in the penalty box:

PQmJiYq.gif

However, it may not happen if we see more of this:

dZJLAUN.gif

To their credit, the Habs have been doing it all without any of their players leading in any individual offensive stats, which has not gone unnoticed:

I71NL3P.jpg

TKRjw24.gif

We did our part. Habs gotta do theirs.

And they've got to compete for attention during one of the most critical weeks of the NFL season. No worries, Domi has that covered too.

9fqMxYP.jpg

LINEUPS:

tp1kbUY.gif

Thank you!

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hopefully Price continues his great play and we can get a couple of goals. GO HABS!

I could see us winning a hard fought battle. I could also see us getting blown out.

We'll have to be at our best just to be in the game. Without Byron it hurts.

We have 10 top 9 forwards. When two are out, we only have 8. It hurts our depth.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Thanks for the GDT Runner.

Let Pricer handle the cannon and score a few goals, we should come out of there with at least a point.

GO:habsGO

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@Runner77 you could have put a warning in the header, I’m scared of clowns :help:(and balloons so kids parties were not for me)

Sorry about that. :laugh:

Just remember that not so long ago, we had a more sinister use of the clown meme as it related to Bergevin, Therrien and JJD. Now, we're using it positively, in a good-natured kind of way. Regardless, next time, I'll issue an advisory. :D

Reactions: CalgarySnow

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We've been on a tear, playing great, just beat a much better team, Price has been hot, playing a weaker team tonight...

4-1 Jackets. :laugh:

It just always seems to go that way.

Edit: Whoops, Columbus is first in their division? How the hell did that happen? :laugh: Shows how much I've seen around the league this year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Fun facts ...
  • Columbus has won the season series each of the past three years, going 6-2-1 and outscoring Montreal 31-14.
  • The Blue Jackets are 9 for their last 24 on the power play vs. Montreal and 4 for their last 13 over the current four-game winning streak.
  • Columbus has four of the five shutouts in the Montreal series.
  • The teams meet again Feb. 19 in Montreal and March 28 in Columbus.
  • Montreal has been almost a league average team this year in terms of scoring margin, tallying 3.00 goals per game and allowing 2.96. Part of the offensive struggles can be traced to a power play that enters last in the NHL, producing at a 12.9-percent rate.
CBJ are hosting a military appreciation night -- which means that we may just hear that cannon regardless.

PREVIEW: Blue Jackets take on Montreal at Nationwide

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
A win tonight will show a lot! Go Habs

With Shaw already out, losing Byron is a big loss. Hopefully Peca can play well in the top 9. But we took a dip when both Byron and Armia were out at the same time. I think we're fine when we lose 1 top niner. But losing two affects us.

An opportunity for Peca or Hudon to show they can get the job done. I prefer Agostino to stay on the 4th line.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The Habs will face 3 times Columbus since the end of the season (Including tonight)
They will also face 3 times Toronto and Philly.

Habs have to win some of those games against Colorado and Toronto
Let's start the right way. It's going to be hard.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I don't know if I should say "Jackets win because we mostly suck in Columbus" or "Habs win because, frankly, it's time to win in Columbus"..

Then I realized we're doing even worse in San Jose.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I bought some decent cheap rum this week so I just made myself a rum and Coke. Probably the first time I have one of these since the Carbonneau era.

I think that means that Julien will have an ugly tie today, and that we'll score a lot of goals.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I bought some decent cheap rum this week so I just made myself a rum and Coke. Probably the first time I have one of these since the Carbonneau era.

I think that means that Julien will have an ugly tie today, and that we'll score a lot of goals.
I hope you're right... And get hammered of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad