GDT: Game 49: #FreedJohnScott | Blackhawks @ Predators | 1/19/2016 | 7 PM CST | CSN, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Extend the streak.

This Team is awesome. There will be a time we all look back and talk about this era and how great we have been and the records this Team set.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Not a Hawks fan but I heard this on the radio today and I thought it was an insane stat so thought I'd share it with you guys. Going back to the start of the 14-15 season, the Hawks are 57-0-1 after going into the third with a lead. No idea if it includes playoff games or not

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The team still can improve to a higher level...played great competitive hockey for 2 periods. .then stinks in the 3rd getting g out-skate 16-5 but weathers a tremendous push by Nashvilke because the 1 guy who kept his A game in the 3rd was CC ..It would be nice IF this team ever decides it will play the full 60 with full exertion and want..but at least 2/3 of a game at max effort is good enough for us to win. ..and some nights even 1 of 3 periods ptayed well we still can win..ands long as CC and Darling give us tge goaltending we do not need allt that much to win..but it would be nice to say the team played a complete game and see more statements put on opponents vs. leaving the door open for comeback opportunities which could happen if our goaltender was not there bailing out the lazy episodes of Country Club periods.So we shall take tge points and the win streak..but there are still issues of why we cannot sustain compete for the full 60.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
They're not sustaining compete for 60 minutes because:

A) They don't need to

and

B) It's the regular season

Give it a rest. They're on a 12 game winning streak. They shouldn't be exerting that much effort when the goal is not to win the regular season.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Not a Hawks fan but I heard this on the radio today and I thought it was an insane stat so thought I'd share it with you guys. Going back to the start of the 14-15 season, the Hawks are 57-0-1 after going into the third with a lead. No idea if it includes playoff games or not

Yup, that includes playoffs

(as they blew a 3rd period lead in Game 7 against LA :cry:)

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The team still can improve to a higher level...played great competitive hockey for 2 periods. .then stinks in the 3rd getting g out-skate 16-5 but weathers a tremendous push by Nashvilke because the 1 guy who kept his A game in the 3rd was CC ..It would be nice IF this team ever decides it will play the full 60 with full exertion and want..but at least 2/3 of a game at max effort is good enough for us to win. ..and some nights even 1 of 3 periods ptayed well we still can win..ands long as CC and Darling give us tge goaltending we do not need allt that much to win..but it would be nice to say the team played a complete game and see more statements put on opponents vs. leaving the door open for comeback opportunities which could happen if our goaltender was not there bailing out the lazy episodes of Country Club periods.So we shall take tge points and the win streak..but there are still issues of why we cannot sustain compete for the full 60.

When was the last game you thought they played the full 60 minutes?

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Yup, that includes playoffs

(as they blew a 3rd period lead in Game 7 against LA :cry:)

I don't think it includes that game. Pretty sure we blew a third period lead this year, which we ended up losing in OT. Can't remember who the heck that was against, but I do remember it happening.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I don't think it includes that game. Pretty sure we blew a third period lead this year, which we ended up losing in OT. Can't remember who the heck that was against, but I do remember it happening.

Nah you're right, I meant if you go back further than the starting point the last game before it is a blown third period lead (or else assumably you could go back to some point in the '13-'14 season)

kcorp90

Aug 31, 2015
Iowa

I think it was Nov 4th against the Blues. Marko Dano opened the scoring for the Hawks. Chicago had a 5-2 lead ending out the first. From there the Blues scored 3 in the 2nd to even things out at 5-5. Scoreless third. Then Tarasenko got the GWG in OT..

I know we didn't go into the third with the lead, but we did score first (creating a large lead) and ended up losing in OT. We blew the lead in the second versus the third, but still..

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Yeah see I don't think that counts, because we didn't enter the third with a lead. I wish I had more time to look this up, it's bothering me.

Your Reality Check

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
Wait, I might be wrong. We've only lost one game after leading through 2 and I remember the Hawks blowing a 2-0 lead in the 3rd to lose this year. So it wasn't that Blues game.

kcorp90

Aug 31, 2015
Iowa
Pretty sure it was 5-1 Hawks after 1. 5-4 after 2. Blues tie it in 3rd and won it OT. I'm too lazy to look though.

1st Period

02:08
CHI Marko Dano (1) ASST: Ryan Hartman (1)
1 - 0 CHI
03:02
STL Alexander Steen (6) ASST: Colton Parayko (4), Vladimir Tarasenko (5)
1 - 1 Tie
04:37
CHI PS - Andrew Shaw (1) ASST: NONE
2 - 1 CHI
06:35
CHI Teuvo Teravainen (4) ASST: Trevor Daley (3)
3 - 1 CHI
15:12
STL Robby Fabbri (2) ASST: David Backes (3)
3 - 2 CHI
17:09
CHI Brent Seabrook (4) ASST: Patrick Kane (10), Teuvo Teravainen (2)
4 - 2 CHI
17:52
CHI PPG - Patrick Kane (8) ASST: Brent Seabrook (7), Andrew Shaw (2)
5 - 2 CHI

2nd Period

03:11
STL Alexander Steen (7) ASST: Colton Parayko (5), Jay Bouwmeester (4)
5 - 3 CHI
17:12
STL PPG - Jay Bouwmeester (1) ASST: Troy Brouwer (6), Scott Gomez (3)
5 - 4 CHI
19:26
STL David Backes (3) ASST: Alex Pietrangelo (6), Robby Fabbri (1)
5 - 5 Tie

3rd Period

NONE

OT Period

03:54
STL Vladimir Tarasenko (7) ASST: Alex Pietrangelo (7)

Not that it matters because it doesn't constitute blowing the lead in the third. This was just one of those games I remember blowing a huge lead on that you try to forget. Tough one to watch.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
BWC you have to regret the things you have been saying for about a year now lol...first be sellers at the deadline, then rebuilding year, anisimov is 3rd liner ect ect..

so in advance when in two weeks they lose 3 of 4 or some nonsense can you please think to now and hold back your insane comments. This team is a contender and a top one at that.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Good, solid win. I do think Nashville never really gave the Hawks their best shot though. They seemed a bit timid at times which probably was a good indicator of why they only scored a goal.

I do think Nashville is still primed for a run at the cup, and I certainly give them a decent chance of knocking off the Hawks on their way to it. That doesn't mean I think they'd beat the Hawks in a 7 game series, but I'd give them the best shot out of any of the other teams in the central right now.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

This board wouldn't be right without you. Insanely entertaining posts. Hail Fiddy. Never change.

Can you please visit the Nashville board and tell them how they didn't perform for 2/3 of the periods at home ... and somehow lost to a medicore Hawks team? It would be awesome.

I think that should be our post game ritual. Unleash the Kracken!

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston

I respect your opinion a lot. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad