GDT: [Game #49] Dallas Stars vs. Buffalo Sabres - 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Otter has been bipolar of late - shutout, lets in 5, shutout, way behind all 3 goals tonight. Would've been nice for the forwards to not be so awful at finishing tonight as well.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
To me, OT felt like our guys were just trying to cheat at the top of our zone before we had a real handle on things. Watching the replay again: We didn't defend well and the Sabres are a capable team with scoring ability.

I agree w/ a little more puck luck around their net and we could've had the win prior to OT
Probably, but they also have players who can’t score. Gurianov had three shots but has a worse unblocked shot shooting percentage and expected shooting percentage than Glendening, who is cooked. Not going to bust Kivis balls he makes a million dollars and has three times the goals Guri does. Their depth is dogwater.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Next game that goes past 60 youd have to think aboit going with different players.

Heiskanen has butchered his last 2 overtimes, were probably over stretching him late in close games due to lack of depth.

Maybe its worth a combo of Lindell- Johnston- Pavelski...or something completely different

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Sabres fans coming into this thread and reacting to some of my posts is some cringe shit.....unless they're agreeing with me, in which case big W. :laugh:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Last night I was too lazy to check any numbers.

Looking at production excluding last night and also excluding the game on Jan 8th against Florida where Hintz got hurt. This is comparing 40 games of the top line together against 7 games where Seguin took over the center position. The formatting sucks, I know.

Robertson
with Hintz even strength 0.48 goals per game; 0.80 points per game
with Seguin even strength 0.43 goals per game; 0.86 points per game

with Hintz PP 0.18 goals per game; 0.58 points per game
with Seguin PP no goals; 0.14 points per game

Pavelski
with Hintz even strength 0.13 goals per game; 0.60 points per game
with Seguin even strength 0.29 goals per game; 0.86 points per game

with Hintz PP 0.18 goals per game; 0.35 points per game
with Seguin PP no goals; no assists

Seguin
with Robertelski even strength 0.57 goals per game; 1.00 points per game
with others even strength 0.15 goals per game; 0.53 points per game

with Robertelski PP 0.14 goals per game; 0.14 points per game
with others PP 0.08 goals per game; 0.13 points per game

What does this mean? I'd say it's clear Seguin is the biggest beneficiary of playing with the big guns, but the PP completely dried up with Seguin on the unit instead of Hintz.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Last night I was too lazy to check any numbers.

Looking at production excluding last night and also excluding the game on Jan 8th against Florida where Hintz got hurt. This is comparing 40 games of the top line together against 7 games where Seguin took over the center position. The formatting sucks, I know.

Robertson
with Hintz even strength 0.48 goals per game; 0.80 points per game
with Seguin even strength 0.43 goals per game; 0.86 points per game

with Hintz PP 0.18 goals per game; 0.58 points per game
with Seguin PP no goals; 0.14 points per game

Pavelski
with Hintz even strength 0.13 goals per game; 0.60 points per game
with Seguin even strength 0.29 goals per game; 0.86 points per game

with Hintz PP 0.18 goals per game; 0.35 points per game
with Seguin PP no goals; no assists

Seguin
with Robertelski even strength 0.57 goals per game; 1.00 points per game
with others even strength 0.15 goals per game; 0.53 points per game

with Robertelski PP 0.14 goals per game; 0.14 points per game
with others PP 0.08 goals per game; 0.13 points per game

What does this mean? I'd say it's clear Seguin is the biggest beneficiary of playing with the big guns, but the PP completely dried up with Seguin on the unit instead of Hintz.
Interesting to see Seguin helping Pavs 5v5 numbers, and also not surprising he's useless on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad