Rudolfs BalcersNick PaulMikkel Boedker
Defensive Pairings
Thomas ChabotDylan DeMelo
Maxime LajoieCody Ceci
Ben HarpurChristian Jaros
G
Anderson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

(Kuemper said Cousins is the best trash talker)

Random Facts:
The Coyotes road record is better than their home record (27 points vs 21 points)

The Coyotes leading goal scorers (Keller,Fischer,Richardson) are tied for the 120th ranked spot in goal scoring league wide.

This season the Coyotes have scored
76 goals on Wrist Shots
14 goals on back handers
12 goals on snap shots
12 goals on slap shots
8 goals on tip ins (30th in the league which is not terribly surprising)
2 goals on wrap arounds

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Is a puck off the side of the forehead considered a tip in?

Seems deserving of its own category.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

You can only score with your head if it is deflected in, and you don't move your head to get it right. So it can, like, only be a goal if you're not moving. It seems like a dull category.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

That would have been a deflection (which is a category I didn't list because I think the NHL's counting of that is incorrect)

We have 2 of them officially, presumably one is Garland's.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
That would have been a deflection (which is a category I didn't list because I think the NHL's counting of that is incorrect)

We have 2 of them officially, presumably one is Garland's.

Garland probably has both. He had one game where his back was to the shooter and the puck grazed his sweater.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Garland probably has both. He had one game where his back was to the shooter and the puck grazed his sweater.

Maybe, I just think they don't count them right. How many pucks go off skates/arms/legs? To only have 2 deflections seems impossible to me. Even the highest numbered team in the league had 13 iirc but the vast majority of teams were in low single digits so it's not simply the soft Coyotes not deflecting pucks. Which would have been a fair assumption tbh.

Fake edit: Garland has 1 deflection goal Cousins has the other. For Cousins it was probably that one that shouldn't have counted :biglaugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Maybe, I just think they don't count them right. How many pucks go off skates/arms/legs? To only have 2 deflections seems impossible to me. Even the highest numbered team in the league had 13 iirc but the vast majority of teams were in low single digits so it's not simply the soft Coyotes not deflecting pucks. Which would have been a fair assumption tbh.

Fake edit: Garland has 1 deflection goal Cousins has the other. For Cousins it was probably that one that shouldn't have counted :biglaugh:
In Edmonton Garland took one off the head and one off the butt, both going into the net. Not sure how they were scored, but I was there and that's what I saw.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Let's get this one.....then whatever happens in Montreal happens and we're at least (NHL) .500 headed into the break for the first time since 2015-2016.

Reactions: moosemeister

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
I feel good about this one. Ottawa is looking past this game to the break. We are engaged. The team has bought in. We're blocking shots at a record pace.

Just hope that we don't take Ottawa as lightly as other teams take us...

Reactions: doaner

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I feel good about this one. Ottawa is looking past this game to the break. We are engaged. The team has bought in. We're blocking shots at a record pace.

Just hope that we don't take Ottawa as lightly as other teams take us...

This could be a trap game for us for once. We've been causing upsets recently against teams far higher in the standings, so who knows what we produce against a team lower than us.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
What's the difference between a snap shot and a wrist shot?

I'm far from an expert on on such matters but I think the difference is a wrist shot has a distinct wind up with the puck on the blade and the puck is released while in contact with the blade. The snap shot is meant for a quicker release so you do not draw the puck back to generate power but use the flex of the stick and quick motion to fool the goalie along with a smaller gap between the blade and the puck when you take the shot. So the snapper still has a bit of a smack to it but does not take the big motion of a slapper.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011

Ladies and gentlemen, your first line center, Nick Cousins. Also KConn in for Lyubushkin for some reason.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Heh that was my suggestion a couple games ago. I don't think Weal has been all that good outside his first game.
Hell it supposedly took our own players like 2 camps and 3/4ths of a season to "get" the system the first go around so that might be part of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad