Goloubef, Prout

Injured
Bobrovsky, Calvert, Gibbons, Horton, Jenner, Morin​

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Tickets sure are cheap.. but I'll be passing.

With that being said if we lose to the Coyotes at home the wheels might finally have came off.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
yeah, i was stunned our extras sold for as much as they did...unfortunately watching from home...having carpet for the basement delivered tonight...

since we have a chance to close the gap on 4th worst, we'll win 5-1

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Forsberg looks to be getting the nod in net.

Connauton on the 4th line instead of Leopold with Goloubef and Prout appearing to be the scratches.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Forsberg looks to be getting the nod in net.

Connauton on the 4th line instead of Leopold with Goloubef and Prout appearing to be the scratches.

Let's put Golo & Prout in...sit Hartnell & Foligno

4th pick is better than 5th :laugh:

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Vermette, McMillan, Chipchura, Shinnimin the weakest central line in the entire league. I can't imagine what will happen if they trade Vermette to deadline.
Good luck, Jackets. Don't listen to "good advice" from HCTR, just play as you can and all will be good.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Have a feeling the Jackets dominate tonight. That's a really bad Coyotes roster and I think the players will take it personally that tanking is being advocated (see the Arace column in the Dispatch today). I'll be there and will hope that the Jackets play well and win, but won't leave disappointed if they lose.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Have a feeling the Jackets dominate tonight. That's a really bad Coyotes roster and I think the players will take it personally that tanking is being advocated (see the Arace column in the Dispatch today). I'll be there and will hope that the Jackets play well and win, but won't leave disappointed if they lose.

Puck Daddy felt the CBJ should start tanking a while ago. His feelings are that the CBJ would be a contender next season with one of the top 2 picks. And, of course, they stay healthy.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Puck Daddy felt the CBJ should start tanking a while ago. His feelings are that the CBJ would be a contender next season with one of the top 2 picks. And, of course, they stay healthy.

I agree with Puck Daddy, but the current makeup of the Jackets will make it difficult to "catch" the Oilers, Sabres, Coyotes and probably the Canes (though they look a lot better of late).

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I thought it was funny at first, but now I hate that the moderator in the Dispatch Chat uses my moniker for the fake questions, this is the dumbest question ever and I would never ask this question or refer to myself as "a 5th liner" in that fashion...and I am happy Horton is getting better, if not for any other reason than he can live a normal life and pick up his kids! I could care less if he's around the team doing busy work...the only treatment for a bad back is rest!

Comment From ca5150
How is Horton just allowed to move to Florida? If the team still has to pay him, why isn't he around the team, helping the coaching staff, maybe acting as the "eye in the sky," helping in the community, etc. Am I the only 5th liner offended that after all his talk of loving Columbus he just took the money and ran?

Portzline:
I can assure you, he didn't run. He walked gingerly. I know exactly what you're saying. I don't like it, either. I don't like what it says. I mean, he's not rehabbing or skating or getting treatment at the rink. He's basically just chilling out. Maybe there's a medical reason, that the warm weather is better for his back conditional than the freezing cold temperatures. If that's the case, I take it all back. But, you bring up very valid points.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I thought it was funny at first, but now I hate that the moderator in the Dispatch Chat uses my moniker for the fake questions, this is the dumbest question ever and I would never ask this question or refer to myself as "a 5th liner" in that fashion...and I am happy Horton is getting better, if not for any other reason than he can live a normal life and pick up his kids! I could care less if he's around the team doing busy work...the only treatment for a bad back is rest!

Comment From ca5150
How is Horton just allowed to move to Florida? If the team still has to pay him, why isn't he around the team, helping the coaching staff, maybe acting as the "eye in the sky," helping in the community, etc. Am I the only 5th liner offended that after all his talk of loving Columbus he just took the money and ran?

Portzline:
I can assure you, he didn't run. He walked gingerly. I know exactly what you're saying. I don't like it, either. I don't like what it says. I mean, he's not rehabbing or skating or getting treatment at the rink. He's basically just chilling out. Maybe there's a medical reason, that the warm weather is better for his back conditional than the freezing cold temperatures. If that's the case, I take it all back. But, you bring up very valid points.

To be fair, that is a good question though :P

But yeah, its dumb how they're still using our names.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I have tickets tonight, but I also have a test to study for. Haven't decided if Im going but leaning towards no. Plus AZ-CBJ games are usually always snoozers.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I have tickets tonight, but I also have a test to study for. Haven't decided if Im going but leaning towards no. Plus AZ-CBJ games are usually always snoozers.

Unless Nash goes into beast mode after a penalty he thinks was a bad call.:sarcasm:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
To be fair, that is a good question though :P

But yeah, its dumb how they're still using our names.

I'm not "offended" that he isn't doing odd jobs around the arena to earn his pay. I'm sure if getting treatments from the team was something that would help him, he would be here. With a back, I think you just have to wait it out and do some light workouts, which the article the other day made it sound like he's doing. I guess it was just the huff and puff nature that it was worded that annoyed me, haha

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

Comment From ca5150

Portzline:

Every time you bring it up, he wins. Best to just ignore it.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
I hate that the moderator in the Dispatch Chat

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I ( personally) can say that my cognitive processes is deeply and tragically complicated by literary heritage of Portzline (plus complete catharsis through which I went during franchise's peripitias. In this apocalyptic transition I am gradually losing my grip to control own verbal syllogisms)

I like this sentence "the warm weather is better for his back conditional than the freezing cold temperatures" :handclap: Bellissimo! it's true masterpiece :laugh::laugh:

If seriously Tell the Truth to own fans and youself ( FO & PR media) - bitter truth is better than sweetest lie.

thebus2288*

Hope to see this on the PP tonight:

Wennberg-Wennberg
Johansen-Wisniewski-Wisniewski

Wennberg is so good, he can win the faceoff by losing it on purpose. Then he'll get in hard on the forecheck like he's so good at doing( not small and weak like detriment's Atkinson/Calvert) and force the d men to shoot the puck up the boards quick, which will undoubtedly be snagged up by Wisniewski like its nothing. He can then get those PP assists up to where they should be by feeding the 10 million dollar man one timers over and over. The tenacity of Wennberg around the net along with Johansen's drive to get back in the defensive zone(shut Joe Thornton DOWN) and Wisniewski's improved foot speed would make shorthanded chances nearly impossible. That is IF there were rebounds off the goalie or glass. More than likely though, because of the bombs both guys have and the playmaking prowess of Wennberg the 3 of them should work at about a 75% rate. A brand new corsi would probably have to be invented because of the numbers we or THEY would put up.

We don't need more "better" players out there. We just need to put our offensive powerhouses out there together without the tweeners out there getting in the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad