GDT: GAME #49 - Chicago at BRUINS 1/20 7 PM | NESN, NHL (US), SN1, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
C2nlZv6WgAI7bfv.jpg:large

bDDmGfs.jpg

SWZwRhI.jpg

Fmjhiva.jpg

7438598.jpg

Tonight's Officials

130p_rooney.jpg
130p_skilliter.jpg

Referees Chris Rooney (5), Graham Skilliter (24)
Linesmen Pierre Racicot (65), Ryan Gibbons (58)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs CHICAGO, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Blackhawks are meeting for the 585th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 264-237-79-4 record and 1,838-1,770 scoring edge in those games.

The Bruins are 166-91-34-0 in their 291 home games of this lifetime series with a 1,045-822 scoring advantage in those contests.

The Bruins are 5-2-1 in their last 8 games vs. the Blackhawks and these teams split last season’s series with each winning their game on home ice … They are 9-3-3 in their last 15 games overall vs. Chicago and are 5-2-0 in their last 7 games vs. the Blackhawks in
Boston, including wins in 3 of their last 4 home games.

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Blackhawks tonight in the 1st of 2 games between these teams and the Blackhawks’ lone visit of the season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 23-19-6 thus far this season with a 10-11-0 mark on home ice … They are 4-5-0 vs. Central Division
opponents and are 6-8-0 vs. Western Conference teams this season.

They are playing game 4 tonight of a stretch where they play 5 of 7 games prior to the All-Star break on home ice (1-1-1) following a span when they faced 9 of their previous 11 games on the road (5-4-2).

The Bruins are wearing their third uniform system for the eighth of 15 games this season and they enter tonight’s game with a 2-4-1 mark in those sweaters.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Jimmy Hayes is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point.
Dominic Moore is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.

INJURIES (125 total man-games lost)

Kevan Miller – Concussion suffered 1/14 vs PHI; Has missed 2 games
Colin Miller – Lower body suffered 1/10 at STL; Has missed 4 games
Matt Beleskey – Right knee suffered 12/3 at BUF; Has missed 23 games (IR)

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1484861153000

GAME PREVIEW

BOSTON -- The talk shows are filled with the chatter. Social media is filled with tweets. Is Claude Julien about to lose his job coaching the Boston Bruins?

The Bruins, fresh off a hard-to-swallow 6-5 shootout loss in a game that saw them lead 3-0 and 4-1, host the Chicago Blackhawks on Friday night. But the off-day, with the team off the ice, was reportedly a day for meetings. The brass is trying to find answers for a team mired in mediocrity.

This isn't the first time the public has called for a Julien firing. Even in 2011, when the team eventually went on to win the Stanley Cup, there was talk he had lost control of his players.

The talk was heavy after last year's second straight season of not making the playoffs, but he survived that -- and is now coaching a team that has had trouble scoring and had even more trouble winning at home, where the Bruins take a 10-11 record into Friday night's game.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
After ******** the bed twice, fully expect them to win the next two games.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Sports books have the Bruins as a -145 favorite - meaning if you bet $145, you only win $100. There's no way that makes any sense to me, even with the vig. It's like that level in the arcade game Marble Madness where the marble rolls uphill: Everything you know is wrong. Are the Hawks that bad? I don't think they're particularly injured.

So, yeah, wins against Hawks and Pens, and lose against Detroit again. After that, break out the magic 8-ball.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sports books have the Bruins as a -145 favorite - meaning if you bet $145, you only win $100. There's no way that makes any sense to me, even with the vig. It's like that level in the arcade game Marble Madness where the marble rolls uphill: Everything you know is wrong. Are the Hawks that bad? I don't think they're particularly injured.

So, yeah, wins against Hawks and Pens, and lose against Detroit again. After that, break out the magic 8-ball.

Blackhawks have been sputtering the past few weeks so :dunno:

I am really hoping for a big win tomorrow that means Claude flies to Pittsburgh.

There is a buzz out there that the hammer will fall on Saturday morning in Brighton before the team flies out. Doing it the day before a Pats playoff game means no massive media spotlight on the Bruins on what would be a major move.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Corey Crawford has struggled since coming back from his appendectomy. The Chicago Tribune is saying Scott Darling will start against Boston.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Can't see us winning too many games over the next month or so.

Perhaps but I am not convinced that the Sens or Leafs are world beaters and I would rather be in the position that we are in right now and find a way to claw our way back than to crash and burn after the 70 game mark ,like the Bruins did last year .

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Thought I read somewhere that Claude is ten games away from his 1,000th game coaches in the NHL. It'd be a shame if that didn't happen for him as a Bruin.

Hope the Bruins of the Detroit first period show up for all three this game.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Perhaps but I am not convinced that the Sens or Leafs are world beaters and I would rather be in the position that we are in right now and find a way to claw our way back than to crash and burn after the 70 game mark ,like the Bruins did last year .

This is the thing, Leafs are playing way over their heads. As someone said here (sorry don't remember who it was), they may be too dumb to realize that though...lol

Philly is also having trouble and just a couple of weeks ago, media etc., were saying both wild cards would be Metropolitan. Still lots of hockey to play. Is Tampa ever going to surge back? It is a real crap shoot this season.

I keep saying it, so I'll say it again - let's get a winning streak going!!

GO BRUINS!!! :handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This is the thing, Leafs are playing way over their heads. As someone said here (sorry don't remember who it was), they may be too dumb to realize that though...lol

Philly is also having trouble and just a couple of weeks ago, media etc., were saying both wild cards would be Metropolitan. Still lots of hockey to play. Is Tampa ever going to surge back? It is a real crap shoot this season.

I keep saying it, so I'll say it again - let's get a winning streak going!!

GO BRUINS!!! :handclap:

emphasis on crap

man I`m pessimistic lately, wish that could change

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Corey Crawford has struggled since coming back from his appendectomy. The Chicago Tribune is saying Scott Darling will start against Boston.

Out of conference opponent, team in turmoil, sputtering offense.

I'd play my back-up against the Bruins even if I had Dominik Hasek in his prime as my No.1 goaltender.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Garden goes dark.

PA system starts to blare - 'Bad to the Bone'.

Cam Neely comes out and takes his place behind the bench.

Bruins get skunked 6 - 1

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Garden goes dark.

Bruins get skunked 6 - 1

Your too kind, in true fashion of this team, nobody pops one and I`ll go one better, Sinden gets in behind the bench:laugh:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Garden goes dark.

Bruins get skunked 6 - 1

Kate starts projectile vomiting her $10.25 beer.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I goofed and bought tickets to see Split tonight, the movie about the guy with like 20 different personalities.

I'll watch this on DVR when I get home because I also have "SUCKER" tattooed on my forehead.

The Bruins only have two sides, Jekyll and Hyde.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
if I can find a couple seats for under $65 on stubhub Im gonna take the daughter tonite. just wish the games started later. kinda tough getting into boston for 7pm

if anything she will love the hour and 30 minute train ride from wachusett to northstation

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Let me guess. Same old same old line up?

Btw Vatrano bright spot last game. Like him with berg march

love him with those two.
but like another poster said, the breakouts were off because he was playing his offwing.

maybe marchand is better on his offwing.

hopefully spooner is with pasta tonite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce